PollyVdsz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondered on people’s thoughts on her.

I have mixed feelings, she seems nice but I don’t think she recognises her privilege amongst other things. - I’m not speaking about her company, she evidently works hard.

yeah I like her most of the time but sometimes the things she’s tweeted makes me think she’s a Tory. Can’t name anything specific but just remember getting that vibe 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
Ha yes me too!
She annoys me when she’s complaining about the house/buying a house, she’s in a much more privileged position (hard work or not) than some of her viewers I think sometimes it comes across tone deaf, same as constantly moaning about dating as if it’s a first world problem y’know, like when we’re in the midst of a pandemic ffs.

Reactions: 8
Also I’m sure she works hard but I wonder how it would be if she hadn’t worked with bigger youtubers back in their heyday. That definitely gave her an advantage that a lot of creators didn’t have too.

Reactions: 7
I like her overall. I've only been following her for maybe 2 years (since right before she and her bf broke up) so not sure what that's about working with big youtubers.

She does come across privileged but I enjoy her colourful vibes and a lot of the content she shares (esp food - I got some good tips there). Also, it sucks that the bar with influencers is set so low but - when the pippyeats cookbook came out she was excitedly sharing it on her stories. I messaged her to question a white woman profiting off Asian cuisine (this was around the time of the bon appetit scandal as well) and shared a twitter thread by an Asian journalist about it. Instead of blocking me, she engaged in a short convo about it which I thought she balanced so well between acknowledging the criticism and also gracefully giving pippyeats room for doubt / room to handle the criticism that was coming out

Reactions: 5
Back in the day she did some merch with Velvetgh0st but it was like... Polly did the whole design and Gabby just slapped her name on it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think its a total slap to Polly's face what Gabriella is doing with that 'small business' of hers. She is clearly taking all her inspiration from Polly and ONRshop (when they did more stuff before) It is a joke and I would love to know what Polly really thinks of her.

Reactions: 21
Yeah I wonder if Polly feels like she owes some of her audience to Gabby and if there’s still a lot of overlap. Because she has interacted with her in recent memory in what seemed to be a friendly fashion. That said there are so many TikTok small businesses now that it’s harder to tell who is copying who.

Reactions: 6
I used to really like Polly until she supported Gabby during the copying scandal and unfollowed her on everything! I was very disappointed! (I even have some of the sighh stationery!)

Reactions: 16
I used to really like Polly until she supported Gabby during the copying scandal and unfollowed her on everything! I was very disappointed! (I even have some of the sighh stationery!)
Same- I was so disappointed too. Jokes on her I guess because gabby is clearly copying all her stuff now!

yeah I like her most of the time but sometimes the things she’s tweeted makes me think she’s a Tory. Can’t name anything specific but just remember getting that vibe 😂😂😂😂
I got that vibe too! Followed her on insta for years, then I followed her on twitter one day a few months ago but swiftly unfollowed.

I can’t remember anything specific either but I know there were a few bad takes. I realised I don’t like her personality as much as I once thought I did. Instagram Polly and twitter Polly are very different people.

When Polly didn't call Gabbie out for blatant plagiarism of small businesses........

I sighhed.

I will see myself out

• Haha
Reactions: 15
(Seems like maybe this thread should be in the Rave About section!)

Im mostly a fan, she’s very normal and I like that she’s a bit of an oversharer. She’s been really open about her break up and living alone etc.

but she defended Gabby with stolen artwork and her sigh products are hideously overpriced so my respect is lowering for her

Reactions: 4
She was very Conservative when she was younger, I remember her liking loads of pro Tory stuff etc, but I don’t think she is anymore

Totally agree with whoever said about privilege, she has definitely worked hard to get her business going from a young age but she also came from what seems to be a fairly well off family from a nice part of Surrey which she doesn’t seem to ever mention

Reactions: 4
I also remember her glamorising working all the hours all the time but then documenting the fall out of that.
I haven’t got receipts but she posted something about how weird it is that people aren’t constantly working...

Reactions: 6
I also remember her glamorising working all the hours all the time but then documenting the fall out of that.
I haven’t got receipts but she posted something about how weird it is that people aren’t constantly working...
Yes it was a tweet wasn’t it!

Yes it was a tweet wasn’t it!
I think I must’ve seen it via gabbys thread because I’m a 30+ hater who doesn’t do Twitter!
I find the whole girl boss narrative pretty troubling anyways and she definitely seemed to be endorsing it for a while!
Others have said that she seems totally different on Twitter than how she is on Instagram!
I don’t have a massive dislike for her as such, but I will no longer support her or her business or have any sympathy with things she’d mentioned recently RE people copying her designs.

Reactions: 2
I probably bought one of Polly's OG phone cases in the day and I have pals that went to uni with her (yet not a single response to any of my interactions lol). I just think she needs to get a grip and call Gabby out, she has the platform and work behind her so why not? I'm sick and tired of influencers piggybacking off of smaller creatives (even though Polly isn't as small a business now with that studio) I wish her the best but I wish she would stop moaning about buying houses and dating when the majority of her audience including me are struggling big time just now.

Reactions: 3
Did I just read in an interview she gave that her Sighh business turned over £70 grand in the first year of trading?!? 😱 that’s not a small business!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Did I just read in an interview she gave that her Sighh business turned over £70 grand in the first year of trading?!? 😱 that’s not a small business!
Turnover and profit is very different though, she will have all the products to pay for, packaging, staff, tax ect, you can easily turnover £70k and actually take home now where near that!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.