Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a thought! Polly is all for looking back at her years and reflecting on things isn’t she… surely at some point she’d have looked back on her twitter account and seen the things she’d posted, concreting the belief even more that she isn’t regretful in the slightest. I’d also expect Polly to be the type of person to use timehop or something similar so if she did then they’d have popped up there

Reactions: 13
@louinico this isn’t me standing up for her but one of her stories last week or the week before was her explaining how she doesn’t like looking back at the past and made it a big thing about her making a “second a day” video from 2021, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t look back at her tweets but like someone said earlier, you don’t just forget things you’ve posted online, i always have random thoughts about cringey things i’ve posted online when i was younger, none however have been bad like hers but i still remember them!

Reactions: 4
So I take it she hasn’t posted anything else on her personal account since?

Reactions: 2
I reckon this is all the traction it’s going to get now. All the biggest influencers she interacts with could’ve said something/unfollowed by now and haven’t so I reckon it’s going to die down, and when she starts posting again in a few weeks time it will all be back to normal

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I wonder how long she’s gonna take a break for?? Surely there’s lots of pending Sighh orders
She also can’t afford to do 0 social media promo either as she’s got employees to pay!!!

Also she can’t have the comments turned off on her business forever??

Reactions: 9
I guess she’s can. gobs has her comments limited on JM insta and she’s doing just fine.
i hate the fact that it’s what… day three? and everything is dying down around her slowly.
I’m afraid she’s going to get away with it, easy…

Reactions: 6
I wonder how long she’s gonna take a break for?? Surely there’s lots of pending Sighh orders
She also can’t afford to do 0 social media promo either as she’s got employees to pay!!!

I had shipping confirmation today for the planner I ordered so looks like business as usual for Sighh.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
In my view she needs to sort out any pending orders/ returns and sort her customer service and then close down the shop for a while if not forever. She needs to sit down with a range of people who’ve experienced all the abhorrent insults and discrimination she’s put across (away from the internet might I add, not as some performative YouTube vid/reel) and LEARN why those tweets are so disgusting. Even take a course on discrimination or diversity.

The problem with influencers and cancel culture is the return to the spotlight like nothing has happened. She doesn’t deserve a platform - she’s proven that. Real growth would be going away and learning and actually investing in change before attempting any kind of return.

The conversation about what happens next when this happens is difficult, and there’s probably more than one answer. She needs to be given the space to change while also being held accountable for what she’s done. Unfortunately she’s now facing a barrage of public opinion but that’s of her own making.

Reactions: 8
While everything you say here is worth considering, it's important to note that Polly is someone who has been on the internet since she was at least a young teenager. She's someone you could describe as 'chronically online', and if her conservative household and private education prevented her from being more open-minded as a child and teenager, then at the very least the very prominent BLM movement in 2020 (which for the most part took place on social media due to the pandemic) should have made her sit with herself and consider her own views as an adult (as it made me). Over ten years have passed since the earliest tweets she posted, and not once did Polly - someone whose whole brand and personality is based on 'being online' - think to look back at her previous views, challenge them and remove them from the social accounts that she relies on to reflect her brand. Her tweets and the views they represent may be a reflection of who she was a decade ago, but her lack of action and self-reflection shows who she is now.
I feel a lot of what you say here really rings true, especially your last statement. I don't bother with these sites, but as a sigh customer and follower of Polly for the last two years I wanted to know the extent of what's unfolded and just felt so compelled to write here in case she reads it.

To be honest, I've been utterly horrified and disgusted at the remarks that have surfaced, and feel so, so disappointed because I've been a returning customer to Sigh, and have recommended Polly's products to friends and fellow businesses owners, and if these statements had been discovered any earlier, there's simply no way her business would have grown the way it has.

Whilst I do believe people can learn, grow and change, the sheer volume of offensive remarks are disturbing. Did Polly learn nothing last summer? Given how much BLM dominated social media (and rightly so), I cannot believe it went unnoticed by her. I didn't follow Polly closely at the time so I don't know what she shared (if at all) on her stories about the subject, but you can't help but notice now the lack of support on her grid content, both on Sigh and her personal account. So many people stepped up to vocalise support and share resources, and I don't see any evidence of this by her on her social accounts (not even on highlights). To be honest, it looks like she continued to post as normal during the key timeframe.
This is just one example, and if I've missed something I apologise. But what I mean to say is, Polly if you really have changed, and really don't feel the same way now that your remarks portray - last year was a bloody good opportunity to demonstrate it. I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you really could do better.
(I don't mean to attack her about a lack of acknowledgement about one movement last year, I am just drawing reflections looking back now given the nature of some of these tweets).

It's also very disappointing to see her minimise this issue through a privated account and a restricted comment section on sighs Instagram. Quite frankly, it reeks of privalege and an unwillingness to confront her problems head on. Ultimately, she will have to surface again even if via her business, and she is making things so much worse by trying to hide what's happened and not owning her mistakes to her customers and audience.

Polly if you are reading this, as a previous Sigh customer who genuinely invested in your brand and business and HAS seen these tweets, please step up. And grow up. Own your mistakes, be transparent about this issue, and really show people this change in mentality you say you have. I appreciate when running a business there are cogs turning and things that have to happen behind the scenes that people don't know about, but after a few days of silence, you only make things worse. I will not continue to follow you or your business, and I will be unable to see this 'change' in the future if you hide behind a private account and refuse to admit to your customer base your mistakes. I can imagine that this whole situation is incredibly overwhelming, and upsetting for you, but be considerate to the people you have hurt through your words and the opportunities you've had through people investing in your products and supporting you. Support them back now.

Reactions: 27
This whole “it was 10 years ago” bullshit really PISSES me off!
I know this is an extreme example but if someone murdered someone or raped someone 10 years ago, they don’t get off by saying “but I’ve not murdered or raped anyone in 10 years, I’ve changed, therefore don’t punish me” duck off! You’re going down!
The only just punishment she deserves is to lose her business imo. She wouldn’t have a business if most people had seen these tweets before now, so she doesn’t deserve to keep her business, just because she’s managed to reign in her disgusting views for a few years (online at least).
Literally this!!

Racism/homophobia/ableism/fatphobia has NO expiry date!!!

Reactions: 18
Why does ‘incredibly sorry for the behaviour of my PAST self’ feel passive aggressive
Like couldn’t she have just left it at sorry for my behaviour
Take responsibility

Reactions: 49
Why does ‘incredibly sorry for the behaviour of my PAST self’ feel passive aggressive
Like couldn’t she have just left it at sorry for my behaviour
Take responsibility
She's trying to separate herself from that behaviour, as if it was another person

Reactions: 38
She's trying to separate herself from that behaviour, as if it was another person
Exactly this. She’s acting as if it’s all in the past now when it’s in fact her current self’s behaviour (poor apology, privatising her account, lack of self-reflection over the years) that needs addressing.

That said, I’m glad she hasn’t left her staff in charge of responding to these emails and is taking some responsibility for her ‘past self’.

Reactions: 22
Exactly this. She’s acting as if it’s all in the past now when it’s in fact her current self’s behaviour (poor apology, privatising her account, lack of self-reflection over the years) that needs addressing.

That said, I’m glad she hasn’t left her staff in charge of responding to these emails and is taking some responsibility for her ‘past self’.
She’s probably just drafted up an email for her staff to send to anyone wanting to cancel or return 😉

Reactions: 7
Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but the PollyExposed twitter has now gone private too

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I said this before but no one commented - why is Polly exposed only following one person?? Because to me that suggests one thing!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.