Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buy a cheap and cheerful dress from Asda or similar and some chub rub shorts and see how you get on with it. That’s how I got into dresses and now I wonder why I ever bothered with seperates, especially in the Summer

Reactions: 7
Agree. I haven't worn a dress in donkeys years, I don't want anything fitted to emphasise my bust but anything not fitted just hangs from my boots and looks like a maternity outfit. I did see a brand doing a range called Fuller Bust but I can't remember where??
I have a problem with the shelf of fat on the top of my bum. Dresses are shorter at the back because of it.

Reactions: 1
I have a problem with the shelf of fat on the top of my bum. Dresses are shorter at the back because of it.
I get you, I have a big belly and I find things can be shorter at the front but not everything is like this and some dresses are even cut so they’re a bit longer at the back to cover bums.

@Boogs Thanks for the tips. Deep down I know wearing a dress would be the easier solution but my brain just pushes back against it. I like the idea of wearing them but know they would fall to the back of wardrobe before I eventually try to flog them on Vinted 🤣
That’s exactly the situation I’m in, I don’t want to spend too much money as I probably won’t end up wearing it!

Reactions: 4
Buy a cheap and cheerful dress from Asda or similar and some chub rub shorts and see how you get on with it. That’s how I got into dresses and now I wonder why I ever bothered with seperates, especially in the Summer
This! I‘m a size 22 and never wore dresses, but bought a lovely maxi dress 2nd hand from eBay and a pair of chub rub shorts to wear on holiday and it was a revelation! I felt so comfy and cool and it actually looked decent on.

I’ve since bought a few more maxi dresses from Yours and have been wearing them non-stop this past few weeks when I’m not at work. I would wear them to work if i could work out what shoes to wear. I don’t feel comfortable exposing my ugly toes in sandals at work. :LOL:

Reactions: 5
It's no exaggeration that I spent at least 3 hours doing this across Vinted, ASDA, H&M and Yours website last night. And found....nothing I liked 😂 I told you I was fussy!

I'm also too lazy to shave my legs constantly. My hair is quite dark and my leg hair grows in super fast.

New look have got some cotton midi and shorter smock dresses in which are 100% cotton and are great in this weather. I had to size down 2 sizes due to the smock style. I recommend having a look at their site.

Reactions: 7
I'm not a massive girly girl but I'm wanting to get some summer dresses. I have big thighs and booty!! What kind of dresses would you recommend? I hate shorts as I'm so aware of my legs :( my style is usually quite alternative so brownie points if you have any recommendations for alt stores!

Reactions: 2
I'm not a massive girly girl but I'm wanting to get some summer dresses. I have big thighs and booty!! What kind of dresses would you recommend? I hate shorts as I'm so aware of my legs :( my style is usually quite alternative so brownie points if you have any recommendations for alt stores!
I just live in an assortment of black dresses as I hate colour and patterns on me:LOL: so I just wear smock or t-shirt dresses that kind of thing usually with my dr marten boots or sandals. I wear chub rub shorts underneath

I love FatFace dresses but buy in the sale 😂 They’re so comfortable and a lot have pockets!

Hell bunny!

Has anyone ordered from Topsy Curvy? I wondered if their hoddies wash well and are a good material? Thanks 👍🏼

Joining in, I see my boob-mate Boogs is here!
I got a bnwt midaxi dress in the British Heart Foundation shop which is really a great fit! I have some snag chub rubs which are good but I prefer using Body Glide - it’s made for cyclists to stop chafing. When it’s really hot I don’t want an extra layer under my dress

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I got a bnwt midaxi dress in the British Heart Foundation shop which is really a great fit! I have some snag chub rubs which are good but I prefer using Body Glide - it’s made for cyclists to stop chafing. When it’s really hot I don’t want an extra layer under my dress

I love snag chub rubs but I’m going to try the body glide this summer too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got some culottes from Yours and the crotch hangs a bit low - exact sort of conditions where you need body glide!

Has anyone ordered from Topsy Curvy? I wondered if their hoddies wash well and are a good material? Thanks 👍🏼
I ordered a Christmas dress around 7/8 years ago and it was market quality, but I think they've changed a lot since then.
---
Where do you buy body glide from? I've been using liquid talc, which works but looking for something better.

• Heart
Ive found the body glide website but so many options! What’s the best one? I was thinking just the original blue one?

• Heart
Why are so many plus sized trousers so baggy around the crotch? Do they think our genitals are fat too? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9