Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm eyeing up some from their range. Do you happen to know how adjustable the straps are? One foot is ever so slightly bigger than the other due to repeated ankle injuries. This plus feet swelling in the heat means a bit of flexibility would be useful at times :)
I find them quite flexible and roomy. I have one foot bigger than the other too

Reactions: 1
Does anyone wear cycle shorts and t-shirts? or that kind of outfit. I really want to as it looks so much cooler and fresh in this weather but I'm so self conscious of my thighs that I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet:LOL:
I’ve started to this year because I was melting. I’m a size 24/26 and have zero confidence but one day I just thought f it if someone is offended by a fat chick in shorts then it says more about them. No one cared! They were probably more offended at my milk bottle white legs 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was just going to come back and say I have braved wearing shorts for the last few days, nobody has heckled me, called me fat or keeled over in shock so it's going well:ROFLMAO: I even branched out and bought a playsuit and I'm so much more comfortable wearing looser clothes rather than trying to cover up

I remember watching a Tiktok once that really stuck with me, she said something along the lines of 'people can see you're fat whether you're wearing a baggy t-shirt and jeans or a dress, so you may as well be comfy and wear the dress anyway' and I try and remind myself of that haha. My legs will look fat regardless of whether I'm wearing leggings or shorts so I'm trying to just get over myself haha. I don't know if it helps that my legs are quite heavily tattooed so I think it draws attention to the tattoos rather than my actual legs if that makes sense

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve started to this year because I was melting. I’m a size 24/26 and have zero confidence but one day I just thought f it if someone is offended by a fat chick in shorts then it says more about them. No one cared! They were probably more offended at my milk bottle white legs 🤣
I've still not got round to wearing shorts yet, but I wear dresses and have my legs out, I need to work up to shorts and I know that no one will care that I'm wearing shorts. I saw a woman the other day in a dress and leggings and I just thought that was me 4 years ago and people probably have starred at me more for wearing leggings in the heat.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've still not got round to wearing shorts yet, but I wear dresses and have my legs out, I need to work up to shorts and I know that no one will care that I'm wearing shorts. I saw a woman the other day in a dress and leggings and I just thought that was me 4 years ago and people probably have starred at me more for wearing leggings in the heat.
Funny thing is I won’t wear dresses 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think because floaty dresses literally do nothing for me and look a bit tent like where as shorts are fitted. Which I know makes absolutely no sense at all. I’ve leggings on today and I am melting and pretty sure my I’ve a big sweaty bum print 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Wear the shorts! 🥰🥰

Reactions: 6
Funny thing is I won’t wear dresses 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think because floaty dresses literally do nothing for me and look a bit tent like where as shorts are fitted. Which I know makes absolutely no sense at all. I’ve leggings on today and I am melting and pretty sure my I’ve a big sweaty bum print 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Wear the shorts! 🥰🥰
I agree wear the shorts! I got cycling shorts from asos and wearing them has been a game changer in this heat. No one batted an eyelid.

I’ve got to the point in life where I think I finally don’t really give a tit. Only took until I’m about to turn 40! 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree wear the shorts! I got cycling shorts from asos and wearing them has been a game changer in this heat. No one batted an eyelid.

I’ve got to the point in life where I think I finally don’t really give a tit. Only took until I’m about to turn 40! 🙈
I think turning 40 makes you care less, it did with me, well apart from shorts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve also been wearing my shorts and no one seems to have noticed 😂 and I’ve been much more comfortable on my walks. I’ve also got to the stage where I think people are more likely to zone in on you if you’re overdressed for the weather. We passed a young person wearing a puffer jacket while out with his friends and I did think I’d have been less likely to notice if he was in a tshirt keeping cool. It’s so hard though overcoming these mental barriers.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone ordered swimwear from shein before? I'm a size 20 and paranoid about wearing swimwear, but I've just booked disneyworld for January and I don't want to sit by the pool like I did last year. I'm looking at costumes as I'm not confident enough to wear a bikini.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ordered swimwear from shein before? I'm a size 20 and paranoid about wearing swimwear, but I've just booked disneyworld for January and I don't want to sit by the pool like I did last year. I'm looking at costumes as I'm not confident enough to wear a bikini.
I’ve ordered both a bikini and a swimming costume from shein. Quality on both was good.
I’m 5ft 10 and the swimming costume was just long enough for me so if you’re shorter will be fine.
I’m an 18/20 and bought the 2XL(20) and the fit was good - just if you’re taller then 5ft10 you may have issues!

Reactions: 4
I’ve ordered both a bikini and a swimming costume from shein. Quality on both was good.
I’m 5ft 10 and the swimming costume was just long enough for me so if you’re shorter will be fine.
I’m an 18/20 and bought the 2XL(20) and the fit was good - just if you’re taller then 5ft10 you may have issues!
Thanks, I’m only 5’3, so length should be ok for me. Is it best to get your size or size up?

Reactions: 2
Thanks, I’m only 5’3, so length should be ok for me. Is it best to get your size or size up?
I bought a couple of bikins from Shein, and just bought my usual size 22 and the fit was perfect, I always check the measurements on there and have a look at the reviews as a lot have pics so you can see them on 😁

Reactions: 5
i have and the quality is good. I bought two tankinis they are easier for me as I am bigger on top than on the bottom.

Reactions: 3
I bought a few swimsuits and everyone said to size up, which I did and they were perfect and great quality

Cant remember if I read on here about hats for big heads? ANYWAY, I have a big head (62cm) and thick, wavy hair and have never had a hat that fits me. But I have bought a Zylioo XXL Straw Panama hat from Amazon and, dare it say it, it's even a little bit big! Im so chuffed I have a hat I can put on my head for my holiday, instead of balancing one like a pea on a drum! Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: 5
Shein are really good for swimwear. If you’re worried about burning (I know I was in Florida) they do some great all-in-ones with sleeves and swim tops to put over your regular swimsuit. They’re also good for sarongs and cover ups etc

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I'm going to do a shein order
---
Shein are really good for swimwear. If you’re worried about burning (I know I was in Florida) they do some great all-in-ones with sleeves and swim tops to put over your regular swimsuit. They’re also good for sarongs and cover ups etc
I'll look got one with sleeves, it's not supposed to be as hot in January but I burn in 18°.

I’d no problems with shein swimwear either, and was able to take the same pieces away again this year that I’d bought last year as everything washed well. Bought my usual size and was fine but don’t think there’d have been any harm sizing up either if you’d prefer. I’m the same dress size and they do a lot of high waisted brief bikinis which I felt like quite comfortable in!