Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@50sGirl I feel the same but it was my mum who did the garden. I have so many plants from her cuttings. She always bought me daffodils so I planted loads of bulbs before she died.
It's very comforting.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I visited an elderly aunt yesterday and she has two enormous apple trees in her garden. I came home with two big bags of apples and have spent the last hour peeling and chopping. I will freeze them so I have plenty for some comforting winter desserts. Bring on the crumble and apple pie!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone recommend some good starter plants that I can keep indoors? I'm useless at keeping plants alive but would love to give it a proper go and grow some herbs or something.

Reactions: 1
So I have got the last of my tomatoes in. A lot of green ones on the window sill to see if they will ripen and a few too far gone to save.

Toms.jpg

Greenhouse cleared down and my lemon & lime trees in there ready to be covered when the cold comes. My other half did an avocado seed during lock down and got a bloody plant on his first try (not very jealous honest!) . It was indoors last year but I am going to try it covered in the greenhouse as it is getting a bit large.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I planted some muscari bulbs in a pot a couple of weeks ago and it's already popping up?? It's that because it's been relatively mild? I still have all my tulips to plant out yet!

I planted some muscari bulbs in a pot a couple of weeks ago and it's already popping up?? It's that because it's been relatively mild? I still have all my tulips to plant out yet!
I planted daffodil bulbs and some of them are popping up too. I put it down to the mild weather too

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Don’t worry they’ll be fine. It’s best to wait until November to plant tulips anyway so they don’t succumb to Tulip Fire.
I’ve not planted my daffodils or many other bulbs yet.

I haven’t planted any yet and was thinking I need to get them in this week but actually it’s still warm , as long as I can do them in next couple of weeks they should be ok.

I’m almost done planting spring bulbs just another 30 or so to go. I got a huge spring mix cheap so I hope they all come up. Planted 40 crocus bulbs at weekend as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m almost done planting spring bulbs just another 30 or so to go. I got a huge spring mix cheap so I hope they all come up. Planted 40 crocus bulbs at weekend as well.
I’ve done my planters but I’ve still got lots to put in the ground. Hoping it will be dry this weekend to get them in.

I’ve done my planters but I’ve still got lots to put in the ground. Hoping it will be dry this weekend to get them in.
Oh my legs were aching so much the next day from all the kneeling! Makes me want to invest in one of those long handled bulb planters, I’ve just recovered 😂 We had a dry couple of days here so I spent a couple of hours clearing some things up and getting bulbs in, back to rain for a week or so now.

Oh my legs were aching so much the next day from all the kneeling! Makes me want to invest in one of those long handled bulb planters, I’ve just recovered 😂 We had a dry couple of days here so I spent a couple of hours clearing some things up and getting bulbs in, back to rain for a week or so now.
I bought a bulb auger attachment for our drill last year. It’s so much easier!

I've still got daffs and tulips to put in pots but I won't be home for 2 weeks, hopefully that won't be too late

Reactions: 5
I have daffodil (my favourite) and tulip bulbs to plant. Waiting for a dry day...🙄

Reactions: 4
I planted some potato chits in September hoping they'd be good for Christmas. They have done absolutely nothing! I used a new bed compared to the one I did my summer potatoes in - any clues why?

I planted some potato chits in September hoping they'd be good for Christmas. They have done absolutely nothing! I used a new bed compared to the one I did my summer potatoes in - any clues why?
That’s a shame. Is there not even any leaves coming through? I’ve had mixed results with potatoes in the past. I stick mostly to growing herbs and flowers.

I’ve just got one hyacinth left to plant (unless I find any other bulbs lurking I’ve forgotten about) and I’m done. I planted a mix of daffodil tete a tete and Dutch iris yesterday.

Just got round to planting some tulip and crocus bulbs today, all the bulbs were already sprouting in the packs. Just got some daffs and anemones to do tomorrow, hop I've not left it too late. Some of my Iris reticulatas that I planted a month or so ago are starting to poke up x

Just got round to planting some tulip and crocus bulbs today, all the bulbs were already sprouting in the packs. Just got some daffs and anemones to do tomorrow, hop I've not left it too late. Some of my Iris reticulatas that I planted a month or so ago are starting to poke up x
I’m doing my anemones tomorrow - I’d forgotten I had them. First year of planting them but I believe they recommend soaking the bulbs for 2-3 hours before planting.