Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m doing my anemones tomorrow - I’d forgotten I had them. First year of planting them but I believe they recommend soaking the bulbs for 2-3 hours before planting.
Thankyou I didn't know that! I'll be soaking them along with you tomorrow morning 😁

Reactions: 1
Thankyou I didn't know that! I'll be soaking them along with you tomorrow morning 😁
Might be even longer! 😮

Might be even longer! 😮

Ah mine are from Farmer Gracy - it says you should start them off in a greenhouse if planted in autumn which I don't have. But I'm a beginner at gardening and my attitude is still to chuck stuff in soil and see what happens

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah mine are from Farmer Gracy - it says you should start them off in a greenhouse if planted in autumn which I don't have. But I'm a beginner at gardening and my attitude is still to chuck stuff in soil and see what happens
My kind of person😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've been gardening for years and am the same.

People lift bulbs and replant them every year,. not me, rarely lose anything

Reactions: 5
I’ve got purple sprouting broccoli out in the veg patch but they are tiny and I don’t think they’re gonna make it through this Arctic weather 😭 I’m trying to grow catnip for my cat pals but it’s really weedy so far and I’m gonna be stuck with it indoors till at least march😂

Reactions: 2
Bulbs all in today because rain stopped play yesterday.
I’ve no idea if the anemones will come up because I couldn’t work out which way up they should go! 😳

Popped some of my tender plants in the greenhouse because the weather is supposed to turn cold this week. The greenhouse really needs a tidy up but I’ll do that on another day.

I need to get out there tomorrow if it’s dry. My water butt is full so needs emptying a bit. My bulbs are in but I’ve still got some plants that could do with being under cover and I have leaves to sweep up.

Reactions: 3
Had a quick check of the garden earlier this week and some shoots coming up from crocus. First time planting those hope they all come up as I planted them in a bit of a rush and not sure if they’re deep enough 🤞🙏 I can’t wait to properly get out into the garden again.

Had a quick check of the garden earlier this week and some shoots coming up from crocus. First time planting those hope they all come up as I planted them in a bit of a rush and not sure if they’re deep enough 🤞🙏
I have one solitary shoot coming up from my crocus so far, i just pushed the bulbs under the soil with my finger! Some daffodils starting to come up, muscari up, iris reticulata up. No sign of the tulips or anemones yet though. All of my bulbs are in pots x

• Heart
I have one solitary shoot coming up from my crocus so far, i just pushed the bulbs under the soil with my finger! Some daffodils starting to come up, muscari up, iris reticulata up. No sign of the tulips or anemones yet though. All of my bulbs are in pots x
Mine are a mixture of pots and borders. Can’t wait for some bright colour again. At this time of year I start thinking of what else I can do to add to the garden 😂 Considering some sort of slim trellis for the front wall and a climber but not sure what yet 🤔

Think anemones are much later.
The only shoots I can see coming up so far are Hyacinth. Made me smile because I inherited them from my Dad. 🥰

• Heart
Hi all,

I was gutted over christmas. My brussel sprouts were doing amazing, we had that cold snap and they all turned to slime. Managed to salvage a few for dinner.

I am still pulling out carrots. have actually had some decent ones for the first time. Normally they look like those silly thumb tip sized carrots even though they are meant to be proper carrots. This year there were some decent ones and this cheeky fellow I pulled out.

Cheeky Carrot.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just bought myself this! So happy I have looked for a pop-up greenhouse for so long. . The other type is not easy for me to take down and the bits break etc. I don't need one in the summer or Autumn just in the winter and early spring

1673540278630.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just bought myself this! So happy I have looked for a pop-up greenhouse for so long. . The other type is not easy for me to take down and the bits break etc. I don't need one in the summer or Autumn just in the winter and early spring

View attachment 1877109
Make sure you peg or weigh it down. You don’t want to lose it on a windy day.

Hi everyone, just wanted to join in and say hi, I started gardening last year so fairly new but I've learnt so much I can't wait to get 2023 going. I've been so low the last few days, but the sun is out tomorrow which means I can get out and do some pottering about 😁

So far I have sown Cobaea Scandens, Geraniums and Sweet Peas, roll on February!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can anyone help me please…?
My daughter is doing her gcse art project and she has decided her topic of ‘layers’ she wants to explore flowers, particularly their meaning around stages of grief. When we’ve googled different pages say different things. Can anyone point me in the direction to find the meaning of flowers and what they’re associated with?

Reactions: 1
Dear gardening experts, how do I get gorgeous blooming hanging baskets like these? I love petunias but mine are never as impressive. I'd love to hear any wisdom!

Screenshot_20230126_220052.jpg

Reactions: 6
The first green sprouts of my anemones are poking up through the soil which is fab as it's my first time planting them and wasn't sure they were going to come up. I think that's all of my bulbs now starting to come up. My crocus are on the verge of flowering. Lots of leaves from the iris reticulata but no obvious buds yet.