Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if a hosepipe ban applies to veg patches if you grow your own produce to feed your family?

Does anyone have any good resources for learning about gardening? Any good websites or books? I’m looking for something which can walk me through month by month or similar, proper gardening for idiots really as I’m a total novice. Kill most houseplants.
If you’re growing your own food, Charles Dowding is fabulous. He is all about the no-dig method. He’s on YouTube and Insta and is responsive to messages. Has a new book coming out that details the growing year so maybe something to keep an eye on.

He is by no means flashy or exciting and I’ve fallen asleep watching his videos late at night 😂 but he shares good info and is likeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you’re growing your own food, Charles Dowding is fabulous. He is all about the no-dig method. He’s on YouTube and Insta and is responsive to messages. Has a new book coming out that details the growing year so maybe something to keep an eye on.

He is by no means flashy or exciting and I’ve fallen asleep watching his videos late at night 😂 but he shares good info and is likeable.
I love his YouTube videos. He makes everything seem easy. I've fallen asleep to them too!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Coming away from my dads with plenty of cherry tomatoes and apples, plus we picked loads of blackberries on the way here
5B429FD5-AB3B-4367-BE3F-A349DEE472F8.jpeg
D7FF95DA-D5EB-4FD3-BD55-8DF632279409.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well done you! My runner beans this year have been abysmal. All the flowers fell off in heavy rain, then it was ridiculously hot (and I went on holiday so wasn't watering them 🙈). They are flowering again at the moment so fingers crossed I do actually get more than the 1 bean I have picked so far.
I've never had a good crop but this year I planted them in a different bit of my garden which they seem to love.

Reactions: 2
I have pulled out my runner beans. They went crispy and not in a good fried in oil way. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Slightly off topic but I moved house earlier this year and I think my garden is a fox hot spot! Its very steep and did have some deep tunnels which were filled and not thought of again. We've just got back off holiday and part of the garden looks like it's had a small landslide and a huge hole has now appeared (I've attached images).... does anyone know if there is a way to stop this? I have a small child and cats so would like to avoid any incidents.

Attachments

• Sad
Just ordered some naice bulbs off Farmer Gracy ready for planting in the Autumn - Some tulips, narcissi, iris reticulata and some anenomes. Will top up the tulips from Lidl as I'm assuming they will start selling in the couple of week x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just ordered some naice bulbs off Farmer Gracy ready for planting in the Autumn - Some tulips, narcissi, iris reticulata and some anenomes. Will top up the tulips from Lidl as I'm assuming they will start selling in the couple of week x
Oh I need to remember to do this. I always forgot 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well my garden doesn’t know what month it is!
My spring flowering Weigala has started flowering again and some of my strawberry plants and new runners have flowered again and have strawberries forming! 🤔

hi everyone! I'm after some suggestions please, what are relatively low maintenance-easy to keep indoor plants? thank you 🪴

hi everyone! I'm after some suggestions please, what are relatively low maintenance-easy to keep indoor plants? thank you 🪴
I don't really do indoor plants but I do have a spider plant. Easy to look after it just sits there and does its own thing. I water it when I remember and may have to remove a brown tip the odd time but that's about it. Very easy to propogate too.
ETA I just prefer outside gardening

• Heart