Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I Watch it far less now. It's very dull. I like Ben, well who wouldn't, and Kate, she's probably my favourite.
Suzanna And that new bloke are dull as dishwater, don't like him at all. Not funny, not interesting, just no.
Ranvir always talks over people, not to get her point across, just generally, it's like someone presses play on her too early lol.
“D’you know what I mean?” Yes Ranvir we do, because you spend long enough telling us!!

We only ever have it on in the background really but it definitely seems to be a totally different programme. Adil is too giggly, Alastair Campbell didn’t really bring much but Suzanna seemed more comfortable with Bill Turnbull than I’ve seen her the entire time she’s been doing it - unsurprising really. But I think Piers going has exposed her as a pretty bad presenter. I’m not a fan of Piers but he got a lot of stick for the amount he spoke - the other morning I could’ve sworn I went and brushed my teeth and she was still asking the same question when I came back!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If GMB take Morgan back it's because they are so desperate that they will turn a blind eye to his psychotic obsession with Meghan Markle.

The 'battle' is entirely in his own head - and he's losing it.

• Heart
Is he trying to flush out other bidders right now? Maybe no big bids came in and he didn't fancy broadcasting on Gammon news to so few people

Reactions: 3
Is he trying to flush out other bidders right now? Maybe no big bids came in and he didn't fancy broadcasting on Gammon news to so few people
That's what I think happened. After all the big talk and hysterical walk out, no big bids came in. As if he would say no to Gammon News if they offered him enough cash. He would be in his element droning on and everyone telling him how great he was!

That's what I think happened. After all the big talk and hysterical walk out, no big bids came in. As if he would say no to Gammon News if they offered him enough cash. He would be in his element droning on and everyone telling him how great he was!
It might damage his ego to be on such a small time station with so few viewers though.

Reactions: 1
He's actually on garden leave which means he can't work for anyone else at the moment. He is still contracted to GMB.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returned in September. Everything I'm reading about him indicates he wants to go back and GMB is definitely struggling without him. Like him or loath him everyday he was GMB or him were trending. He isn'y being very subtle about it ...

• Haha
GMB are paying him to the end of the year. I wouldn’t be in any rush to get back to work, especially on breakfast tv when you have to get up at crack of Dawn.

I know there has been rumblings he is going back to GMB. How much truth is there to the rumours? ....(Personally I would love it 😊)

He used to wind me up and I often asked myself why I put GMB on every morning only to have someone shouting and ranting and raving at me when I was still half asleep and already not looking forward to going to work.

But...apart from one morning just to have a nose at what it was like without him, I haven’t watched it at all since. I did actually see “that” episode where he stormed off live and thought it was bizarre at the time.

Reactions: 4
He's a bleep with severe psychological issues due to his obsessional hatred of Meghan. If he never appears on my TV ever again it will be too soon. Stick to hanging with the Gammons Piers.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
“D’you know what I mean?” Yes Ranvir we do, because you spend long enough telling us!!

We only ever have it on in the background really but it definitely seems to be a totally different programme. Adil is too giggly, Alastair Campbell didn’t really bring much but Suzanna seemed more comfortable with Bill Turnbull than I’ve seen her the entire time she’s been doing it - unsurprising really. But I think Piers going has exposed her as a pretty bad presenter. I’m not a fan of Piers but he got a lot of stick for the amount he spoke - the other morning I could’ve sworn I went and brushed my teeth and she was still asking the same question when I came back!
None of them are good presenters, all just read autocue. Luckily Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins seem nice enough to get by, but Susanna now she is getting older and not the eye candy she once was (should not be case but it is in certain industries), then she is sinking like a stone right now.

None of them are good presenters, all just read autocue. Luckily Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins seem nice enough to get by, but Susanna now she is getting older and not the eye candy she once was (should not be case but it is in certain industries), then she is sinking like a stone right now.

I don't dislike Susanna but I'm not sure how she's got to the position she's in. GMB where struggling before Piers and are struggling now he's left. Susanna isn't strong enough to carry the show.

I don't dislike Susanna but I'm not sure how she's got to the position she's in. GMB where struggling before Piers and are struggling now he's left. Susanna isn't strong enough to carry the show.
Susanna saw herself as an equal partner in the relationship, came across as smug, and look at me, look at the clique I am in. The viewers and Piers knew the truth. A support act who got lucky because a big hitter joined the team. The show would have been cancelled before PM got on board. His departure might see its death now.

Reactions: 2
I'm very conflicted on Piers. He often makes very valid points and speaks a lot of common sense and is good at calling out hypocrisy. His attitude towards Harry and Meghan is mainly justified and spot on, however his clear personal grudge towards meghan means her never comes across well. Instead of presenting his opinions and arguments in a calm and professional manner he goes off on a rant and he loses his cool. And that's his main problem overall, his shouting and ranting loses him respect and he just doesn't present himself or his arguments in a respectful or professional way so people switch off or go on the defensive.

His behaviour during the early part of the pandemic was almost unhinged. Yes hold ministers to account but the way he shouted and talked over them with no chance of right of reply was disgraceful.

He also thinks he is a bigger deal than he is, he was a cheap shot tabloid editor that did anything to sell stories and has probably got away with more than he should have. He was never a professional investigative journalist.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Good of him not to gloat when on his last day they were the number one rated breakfast show and now they have rightly had their lowest ever ratings after losing over a million viewers.

Good of him not to gloat when on his last day they were the number one rated breakfast show and now they have rightly had their lowest ever ratings after losing over a million viewers.
Yeah although it always made me laugh the way they'd talk about their popularity, but only have a few million viewers. In a country of over 60 million it's kinda like being a big fish in a very tiny pond

I applaud and agree with some of the things he says, but there are some very worrying bullying and narcissistic behaviours he shows regularly!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.