Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morgan is anti mental health? You never watched him then.
He's literally told people with mental health issues to 'man up' and have a stiff upper lift. Possibly the worst attitude you can have. I'm sure the people who live with crippling depression and constant suicidal thoughts have never thought to simply get a grip !!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't think that cancels out his sweeping statement that people with mental health issues need to man up. Would you really want sympathy from someone who deep down thinks you need to get a grip and stop whinging? Seems like he only believes people are suffering if he can see it with his own eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Search for something I won’t find? No thanks. You should be able to find them though, you said they exist 🤷🏻‍♀️
Always best to do your research before you blanket slag a person IMHO. I don't need to search to validate my opinion. :) Have a great day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I did my research and I was greeted with a multitude of articles regarding his scandalous comments about people with mental health issues needing to ‘man up’. Him being sad that his friend Caroline Flack took her own life and scorning anyone who dares question her character isn’t him being a mental health advocate when he can’t offer the same gratitude to regular folk who are mentally ill but don’t take their own life. Seems like he can offer sympathy if your demons are enough to kill you but otherwise you have to just get on with it. If you’re confident that his behaviour isn’t reflective of the evidence I provided, prove it. Otherwise he’s still a prick in the mental health category - on brand for Piers!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well if Piers ever has any problems with mental health himself now or in the future, people can now tell him to man up and STFU or simply not believe him, or better still just ignore him 😊

Last edited:
I did my research and I was greeted with a multitude of articles regarding his scandalous comments about people with mental health issues needing to ‘man up’. Him being sad that his friend Caroline Flack took her own life and scorning anyone who dares question her character isn’t him being a mental health advocate when he can’t offer the same gratitude to regular folk who are mentally ill but don’t take their own life. Seems like he can offer sympathy if your demons are enough to kill you but otherwise you have to just get on with it. If you’re confident that his behaviour isn’t reflective of the evidence I provided, prove it. Otherwise he’s still a prick in the mental health category - on brand for Piers!
Awwww snowflake…. You offended again?

• Haha
  • Sick
Morgan showing (again) that he has absolutely no idea about mental health issues.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I just think he is a proper media man - will do anything for the story and the headline hence the constant changing sides etc. He makes TV interesting. His obsession with Meghan is odd though. He could make the same points (which are fair) stick if he wasn’t so frothing at the mouth personal about it

Morgan is not critical of people with genuine mental health issues, he's just fed up with the likes of people who have a bad day at work and call it a mental health problem and the people claiming to have mental health issues when in fact they don't and are using the 'label'...they pee me off too.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Piers is critical of men with mental health issues because he is of the mindset that men are protectors and shouldn’t show weakness. The suicide figures for men are so high because of people with the same opinions as Piers in that ‘you’d have been fighting in world war 2 so man up and realise that your depression is meaningless !!’ It’s disgusting and he absolutely doesn’t care about mental health unless someone close to him tragically passes and then he can do his whole ‘I knew this person so well and we spoke every day’ popularity act.

Also mental health issues kill. They’re not a made up ‘woke leftie snowflake’ concept. They’ve existed forever. Having a stiff upper lip about them won’t make them disappear, repressing feelings make the problems a whole lot worse. And anyone can suffer from them whether they’re rich, poor, fat, thin, black, white. Of course circumstances exemplify the problems and restrict how much access to help you have but mental health doesn’t discriminate. So Piers is wrong to assume that people are just making it up for attention because it doesn’t fit his bill of who is eligible for depression or anxiety or anything else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Morgan showing (again) that he has absolutely no idea about mental health issues.

Try telling someone suicidal to go 'one more round'. Actually very, very ignorant and dangerous. He clearly has no understanding or awareness of the reality of mental health disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Yes please he needs to come back. I don't particularly bother watching it now without him.
Ooh definitely yes 🤗 I haven't watched since he left. I miss him. I would love to hear what he has to say about the Hancock shenanigans this week. 🤔 I watch Cheers and Frasier in the morning now. 😏

Last edited:
I have to say I Watch it far less now. It's very dull. I like Ben, well who wouldn't, and Kate, she's probably my favourite.
Suzanna And that new bloke are dull as dishwater, don't like him at all. Not funny, not interesting, just no.
Ranvir always talks over people, not to get her point across, just generally, it's like someone presses play on her too early lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.