Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the betting that Piers Morgan is trying to get his own slot over at GB News when it opens - a whole bunch of other ex journalists and former broadcasters have been announced but not him. It must be galling that no one that side of the media wants to play with him.

I’m certainly tired of his PR bots spamming other sites about what a “man of the people” he is and how he’s “surprisingly nice” and “loyal to his friends”. What is it with posh little millionaire shits desperate to being seen as ”of the people”.

He can duck off and cry on his pile of money about how mean a small minority has been about him on social media. He can try to make it about some random wealthy dude’s wife but it’s all about the clout. Just admit it Piers - you have all the credibility and naked ambition of a James Charles type. Own it. Maybe I’ll buy a palette or two if the box is pretty enough 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Piers highlighted:

Meghan is responsible for a lot of the criticism she received:
- Whining about her life in a documentary in Africa. How embarrassing
- Yes, touching her bump too often (on stage at an event? WTF? I cringed seeing it. not necessary)
- The baby shower - again, WTF? She acted like a Kardashian
- Private jets
- Too tight clothes
- Wimbledon. How embarrassing.
- Oprah. How embarrassing.
- Comparing herself to the Little Mermaid. Cringe. How embarrassing.
I'm sorry but none of this warrants an ounce of the vitriol Piers and the press have conducted. 'Yes he is obsessed with her but she's a piece of work'??? Wtf? That's a ridiculous and dangerous statement. Do we just let men harass any woman they find too mouthy or confident? Touching her bump too often? What does that even mean? Can't we just leave pregnant women be? How do we know she wasn't uncomfortable? Too tight clothes? Sounds quite misogynistic when our prime minister looks like he's just rolled out of bed every time he makes a public appearance. The way the press reduce powerful women to their outfit choices is archaic. Private jets? They've flown economy before. Philip has reportedly called economy flights 'ghastly'. Baby showers might not be to everyone's taste, they're quite an American thing but she is American. It seems to be the norm there. And considering she suffered a miscarriage before falling pregnant a second time, I think its utterly vile for people, especially men, to nitpick at how a woman conducts herself while pregnant. If you think criticism of any of this should get to the point where it makes the person feel suicidal, I don't know what to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do you honestly think that on getting into the RF that she knew that she would be criticised for eating Avocados? Touching her baby bump?

Seriously, compare her coverage to Kate Middleton's and tell me you don't see a problem:

Also, Piers wasn't fired - he quit. And why the hell should she not complain about him? His comments about her were disgraceful, and damaging to anyone with mental health issues or suicidal thoughts. Is there a reason why you think she should sit back quietly and put with it? He should have taken more responsibility for his words.

And please do tell me, what has she lied about?
God almighty...that stupid Buzzfeed article again? Have you actually read it? It’s embarrassingly stupid. Maybe that’s why you like it 🤷‍♀️

Kate rarely put her hand anywhere near her bump...when she did it was used as a caption.

Meghan‘s hand was glued to her bump from the moment she announced her pregancy. Thr media ran articles asking why she was doing it....and very kindly suggested that it was all to do with being protective of the baby, so POSITIVE articles, as most of them about her have been.

So, tell me....why would the media run articles asking why Kate was always touching her bump when she, er, wasn’t?

And she wasn’t “criticised” for eating avocados. The story was that the milennial’s favourite snack...avocados...has attracted cartels in Mexico, which is truehttps://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/dec/30/are-mexican-avocados-the-worlds-new-conflict-commodity

Meghan’s make up artist friend had just posted an IG of avocado toast she’d made and Markle, being a famous milenial was referenced. You do have to be quite disingenous to see this as her being “criticised” for eating avocados 🙄

What has she lied about? Pretty much everything. She was lying before she even met Harry, and she’s never stopped. I can give you a list if you like.

I don’t care that she complained about Morgan. That’s her right. I am more concerned about her ageist, sexist, racist instructions to the BBC when she commanded them not to use “old, white men” to talk about her on their news shows. Only a delusionally arrogant bleeping bleep thinks it’s OK to tell a newscaster who is suitable to talk about them.

Reactions: 6
God almighty...that stupid Buzzfeed article again? Have you actually read it? It’s embarrassingly stupid. Maybe that’s why you like it 🤷‍♀️

Kate rarely put her hand anywhere near her bump...when she did it was used as a caption.

Meghan‘s hand was glued to her bump from the moment she announced her pregancy. Thr media ran articles asking why she was doing it....and very kindly suggested that it was all to do with being protective of the baby, so POSITIVE articles, as most of them about her have been.

So, tell me....why would the media run articles asking why Kate was always touching her bump when she, er, wasn’t?

And she wasn’t “criticised” for eating avocados. The story was that the milennial’s favourite snack...avocados...has attracted cartels in Mexico, which is truehttps://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/dec/30/are-mexican-avocados-the-worlds-new-conflict-commodity

Meghan’s make up artist friend had just posted an IG of avocado toast she’d made and Markle, being a famous milenial was referenced. You do have to be quite disingenous to see this as her being “criticised” for eating avocados 🙄

What has she lied about? Pretty much everything. She was lying before she even met Harry, and she’s never stopped. I can give you a list if you like.

I don’t care that she complained about Morgan. That’s her right. I am more concerned about her ageist, sexist, racist instructions to the BBC when she commanded them not to use “old, white men” to talk about her on their news shows. Only a delusionally arrogant bleeping bleep thinks it’s OK to tell a newscaster who is suitable to talk about them.

Oh please do.

Reactions: 1
I'm sorry but none of this warrants an ounce of the vitriol Piers and the press have conducted. 'Yes he is obsessed with her but she's a piece of work'??? Wtf? That's a ridiculous and dangerous statement. Do we just let men harass any woman they find too mouthy or confident? Touching her bump too often? What does that even mean? Can't we just leave pregnant women be? How do we know she wasn't uncomfortable? Too tight clothes? Sounds quite misogynistic when our prime minister looks like he's just rolled out of bed every time he makes a public appearance. The way the press reduce powerful women to their outfit choices is archaic. Private jets? They've flown economy before. Philip has reportedly called economy flights 'ghastly'. Baby showers might not be to everyone's taste, they're quite an American thing but she is American. It seems to be the norm there. And considering she suffered a miscarriage before falling pregnant a second time, I think its utterly vile for people, especially men, to nitpick at how a woman conducts herself while pregnant. If you think criticism of any of this should get to the point where it makes the person feel suicidal, I don't know what to say.
I am a woman and I am offended by the idea that men have to moderate their thoughts & opinions around me.

Is this female empowerment to you? “Oooh, big bad man - be nice about little, lady me”. 🤮

You carry on, though.

Reactions: 5
I think it's time to move on from the Meghan stuff, agree to disagree and all that.

Reactions: 11
I am a woman and I am offended by the idea that men have to moderate their thoughts & opinions around me.
It's not about moderating opinions based on her being a woman, its about men keeping their mouths shut about bodily processes they'll never experience. And for the record, I don't think women hounding pregnant women or moderating how they should behave with their bump is necessary criticism either.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh please do.
She lied to the Suits team that she had an SAG card. (Evidence: she admitted it).

She lied about every single circumstance that led her to write to Unilever about dish soap. (Evidence: contemporary footage of the event emerged & bears no relation to anything she said).

She lied that her entire adult life was spent “with one foot in refugee camps...”. (Evidence: she visited one refugee camp once for four days).

She lied that she had spent 6 months working on a “girls’ program” in India. (Evidence: the woman who founded the program said she’d never even heard of Markle until a couple of days before she visited).

She lied that she hadn’t seen Samantha for 20 years. (Evidence: there are photographs of them together in 2013).

She lied that she’d paid her own way through college. (Evidence: her father has receipts proving that he paid AND that he was still paying off her student loan when she worked on Suits).

She lied that she’d never colluded in any way with Scobie on his book. (Evidence: she admitted in court documents that she’d asked a friend to speak to him. Other sworn court documents show that a member of her KP team was instructed to act as a fact checker for him).

She lied that she and Harry married three days before the wedding. (Evidence: the AoC says otherwise).

She lied that there were discussions about Archie’s potential skin tone while she was pregnant. (Evidence: her husband contradicted her).

She lied that she only wants her son to have a title for security purposes. (Evidence: Archie already has a title (Earl of Dumbarton) but they’ve chosen not to use it. And security is provided on the basis of need, not title).

She lied that Archie was denied a title because he was mixed-race. (Evidence: as above, he has a title plus he is not entitled to be a Prince until Charles is King).

She lied that she knew nothing about the royal family. (Evidence: a) she was photographed as a teen at Buckingham Palace b) she wrote about Kate on her blog and c) her oldest friend says she read Andrew Morton’s Diana book and watched her wedding and funeral).

She lied that she never googled Harry. (Evidence: don’t need any - absolutely nobody with a functional intelligence believes this).

She lied that KP refused to try and correct the (supposedly) false story that she made Kate cry. (Evidence: the story itself includes a denial from KP).

There’s more, but I’ve made my point.

Markle is a liar. All narcissists are.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think it's time to move on from the Meghan stuff, agree to disagree and all that.
I left this thread last week as the Meghan discussion got incredibly toxic. There is a very active thread on here to rant about Meghan. This thread is to rant about Piers. At this point, it’s no longer a discussion about who was right and who was wrong and has turned into people who clearly hate Meghan accusing anyone who dares defend her of being stupid, woke, clueless, a snowflake or naive. I’ll gladly return to posting on here more when that toxicity dies down. We’re here to discuss things politely and civilly, we can all agree to disagree. There’s no reason to name call and get personal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I tried to change the topic last week but it seems near impossible to discuss Piers in isolation atm without bringing up Meghan 😅.
What I want to know is what made Piers qualified to judge Britain's Got Talent?? Now I'm not saying that Amanda Holden is qualified either but did Simon not have any other friends willing to judge his show who you know, actually have talent?😂

Back to Piers Morgan..........

..........😬

.........😬

..................😬

like him or not, GMB has plummeted because of his exit.

Reactions: 5
I tried to change the topic last week but it seems near impossible to discuss Piers in isolation atm without bringing up Meghan 😅.
What I want to know is what made Piers qualified to judge Britain's Got Talent?? Now I'm not saying that Amanda Holden is qualified either but did Simon not have any other friends willing to judge his show who you know, actually have talent?😂
I follow Jedward (I know I know) on twitter and read about the Piers Morgan attack on little mix. When Piers first was a judge I didn't know that much about him and didn't mind him but the more I read the less I like him.

The fact that so many people are willing to defend Piers, a man sacked for faking hostage photos and who is heavily implicated in phone hacking (and the lives destroyed by that) is so, so bizarre

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I follow Jedward (I know I know) on twitter and read about the Piers Morgan attack on little mix. When Piers first was a judge I didn't know that much about him and didn't mind him but the more I read the less I like him.
Jedward are a bit of a voice for the people at the moment 😂 Piers is creepily obsessed with how women conduct themselves. I've never seen him cry when his precious Ronaldo is pictured topless. Honestly I'd keep my mouth shut about morality if I'd been caught doing what he's done in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I always found this funny. At least Louis Walsh on X Factor was a music manager and had experience in the industry. What qualified Piers to tell someone if they could sing or dance?

Reactions: 4
Yay, a post I've actually wanted to read that didn't take me more than a few seconds 🙃
Yeah enough with the Markle/Royal Family haters vrs fan girls essays now.

posts have been removed, it’s boring. the people are bored. the people be bored.
take it to the respective threads.

• Heart
I felt that the Meghan conversation was relevant, as Piers left his job because of comments he made about her - when has last a presenter left a job in a similar situation? I understand the need/wish to discuss this, it happened so quickly and was mind-boggling. The discussion was whether he was right to not believe her and critique her in the way he did, so of course she will also be a topic.

If I get a warning for saying this so be it, but I learned that it is always ok to voice my opinion (as long as it is respectful).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.