Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Meghan would've named exactly who it was making the disgusting racist comments, Piers would've gone down on her even harder, calling her a disgrace for embarrassing Charles or William (it has to be them, right?;)). He would've said she should've left it up to us to speculate who it was and that it was completely unnecessary to name and shame.

I know people are fed up of the Meghan chat but I do think its hard when her and Piers are kind of intrinsically linked right now.

Reactions: 4
If Meghan would've named exactly who it was making the disgusting racist comments, Piers would've gone down on her even harder, calling her a disgrace for embarrassing Charles or William (it has to be them, right?;)). He would've said she should've left it up to us to speculate who it was and that it was completely unnecessary to name and shame.

I know people are fed up of the Meghan chat but I do think its hard when her and Piers are kind of intrinsically linked right now.
Meghan could give birth to the second coming and Piers would still find fault.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Meghan could give birth to the second coming and Piers would still find fault.
Oprah's come back to say it's not Charles or Philip.
As a mixed race person I don't give her any sympathy. Playing the race card once again not to mention coming out with a hit piece against the royal family while 99 year old Philip was recuperating in hospital during a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC.

She's broken all the rules and has the gall to go and complain to American media, to people that don't understand the everything she's done wrong against the royal family while she was still apart of it;
* Lion King Premier
* Merching Sussex Royal
* Talking about Politics
* Sent her friends to slander her father in mainstream/global media
* Secret Vogue Spread
* Dresscode
* wimbledon MAKING PAYING CUSTOMERS MOVE AWAY FROM HER
* Africa documentary
* Stealing the thunder from Eugenie's wedding day

It's not a race issue. It's because she's a disgusting narcissistic clout chaser.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Why the hell should paying customers have to move? And why would they tolerate that?

Reactions: 7
Oprah's come back to say it's not Charles or Philip.
As a mixed race person I don't give her any sympathy. Playing the race card once again not to mention coming out with a hit piece against the royal family while 99 year old Philip was recuperating in hospital during a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC.

She's broken all the rules and has the gall to go and complain to American media, to people that don't understand the everything she's done wrong against the royal family while she was still apart of it;
* Lion King Premier
* Merching Sussex Royal
* Talking about Politics
* Sent her friends to slander her father in mainstream/global media
* Secret Vogue Spread
* Dresscode
* wimbledon MAKING PAYING CUSTOMERS MOVE AWAY FROM HER
* Africa documentary
* Stealing the thunder from Eugenie's wedding day

It's not a race issue. It's because she's a disgusting narcissistic clout chaser.
If the Royal Family don't want to be called out on their behaviour, then maybe they should behave better. Do better. Be better.

They're an outdated establishment, who are only in the position they're in because we, the public, allow it. We allow ourselves to be classed as commoners, less than them, and for what? So that when someone marries into their family who doesn't quite fit the bill, they allow that person to be bullied by the media and consistently let them down. Whatever anyone thinks of Meghan, she does not deserve the treatment she's had. I hope she does bring down the Royal Family - frankly it's ridiculous that we allow them the power they have.

As for Piers Morgan - his obsession with her is creepy, inappropriate and downright weird.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
If the Royal Family don't want to be called out on their behaviour, then maybe they should behave better. Do better. Be better.

They're an outdated establishment, who are only in the position they're in because we, the public, allow it. We allow ourselves to be classed as commoners, less than them, and for what? So that when someone marries into their family who doesn't quite fit the bill, they allow that person to be bullied by the media and consistently let them down. Whatever anyone thinks of Meghan, she does not deserve the treatment she's had. I hope she does bring down the Royal Family - frankly it's ridiculous that we allow them the power they have.

As for Piers Morgan - his obsession with her is creepy, inappropriate and downright weird.
She hasn't been attacked. Don't make me laugh.
She's not a doe eyed 19 year old. She knew full and well what she was getting into.
Piers Morgan is well within his right to question her motivates and integrity. She's lied so many times at this point, why should we blindly believe what's she's saying is true?

If anything her PR team has been attacking them from day one.
She wants to have control of the narrative. She complained to GMB which in turn got him fired.
Who's really the victim in the situation? The 40 year old woman with a victim complex or the man they've harassed for simply voicing his opinion?

Reactions: 12
She hasn't been attacked. Don't make me laugh.
She's not a doe eyed 19 year old. She knew full and well what she was getting into.
Piers Morgan is well within his right to question her motivates and integrity. She's lied so many times at this point, why should we blindly believe what's she's saying is true?

If anything her PR team has been attacking them from day one.
She wants to have control of the narrative. She complained to GMB which in turn got him fired.
Who's really the victim in the situation? The 40 year old woman with a victim complex or the man they've harassed for simply voicing his opinion?
Do you honestly think that on getting into the RF that she knew that she would be criticised for eating Avocados? Touching her baby bump?

Seriously, compare her coverage to Kate Middleton's and tell me you don't see a problem:

Also, Piers wasn't fired - he quit. And why the hell should she not complain about him? His comments about her were disgraceful, and damaging to anyone with mental health issues or suicidal thoughts. Is there a reason why you think she should sit back quietly and put with it? He should have taken more responsibility for his words.

And please do tell me, what has she lied about?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is there any way we could stop this turning into another Meghan Markle thread? There’s one in this section and I think she has a rave thread...there’s more to Piers Morgan than MM so we can not keep going back to that if possible.

I’m sorry if it’s coming across as I’m ‘policing’ the thread, that’s not my intention.

Reactions: 15
Is there any way we could stop this turning into another Meghan Markle thread? There’s one in this section and I think she has a rave thread...there’s more to Piers Morgan than MM so we can not keep going back to that if possible.

I’m sorry if it’s coming across as I’m ‘policing’ the thread, that’s not my intention.
Fair enough - I have mentioned him in both my posts, and I'm not sure that anyone defending MM in the dedicated thread would survive very long! I'll leave it here now though.

Reactions: 1

They're an outdated establishment, who are only in the position they're in because we, the public, allow it. We allow ourselves to be classed as commoners, less than, and for what? So that when someone marries into their family who doesn't quite fit the bill, they allow that person to be bullied by the media and consistently let them down. Whatever anyone thinks of Meghan, she does not deserve the treatment she's had. I hope she does bring down the Royal Family - frankly it's ridiculous that we allow them the power they have.

Exactly what poor behaviour have the royal family engaged in regarding Markle? “Do better. Be better”? Seriously?

Yes, they are in their postion because we, the public allow it. That’s the whole point. They work for us. They are given entirely unearned privileges and platforms in return for which they don’t rub our noses in their wealth, don’t behave like attention seeking celebrities, don’t monetise their roles, don’t take political sides and don’t use their “voices” to tell us how marvellous they are everytime they make speeches.

Their public lives are spent in the service of others - highlighting the good works of other people, bringing attention to charities, celebrating achievements and representing our nation on the world stage. Their focus is not themselves, it’s other people.

Markle:

* Cleared an enormous space for herself at Wimbledon because she didn’t want to sit near the great unwashed
* Showed up at a charity for women who couldn’t afford second hand clothes in £10k worth of Oscar de la Renta
* Pulled infantile little stunts like baking cakes & writing on bananas to ensure she was always the headline, not the charity
* Got her husband to ask for work on her behalf while attending (in a work capacity) a premiere
* Pushed her own political opinions while guest editing Vogue
* Spent over £1m on clothes in a single year while pretending to care about poverty
* Made sure the press was on hand to see her being showered with gifts by her millionaire friends while her husband stayed at home to make a speech about child food poverty
* Smugly told us all to limit our carbon footprints while herself using private planes like a no.10 bus

If this wasn’t enough, her most senior member of staff was so concerned about the appalling way she was treating staff he made a formal bullying complaint about her.

Now let’s see what the “do better” royal family actually did do for Markle, shall we?

* Provided a £35m wedding, including two dresses for her that cost £300k...she didn’t pay for anything at all
* Gave her a royal title and a coat of arms
* Gave her the option to chart her own course & continue her career if she so chose (which she rejected)
* Spent £3m refurbishing a house to her exact requirements
* Gave her a £2.5m a year income
* Hand selected a staff of highly experienced aides to support her
....and, lest we forget, gave her the fame she yearned for & which her unimpressive little career was never going to provide.

What exactly has she had to “put up with”? Not being as important as two future kings and a future queen? Poor thing. Not being allowed to bore us with her political opinions even though her position doesn’t allow her to? Tragic. A deluge of sychophantic, glowingly positive media that politely pretended her puffed up “humanitarian” work amounted to anything? My heart bleeds for the poor love.

What she’s ACTUALLY “had to put up with” is fair criticism from the media when her behaviour (and that of her husband) has been less than ideal. Which is precisely what you demand the media do with regards to the rest of the royal family....but she should be exempt from that, right?

I wonder what it is about Markle that makes you want her to be treated differently? For someone like me, who judges people on the content of their character and precisely nothing else, I find it hard to fathom. You want her “othered” and held to a different set of rules....if that’s because you like her, then that’s pathetic. If it‘s because she’s a woman, then that’s sexist. If it’s because she is 25% black then that’s racist.

As far as Morgan is concerned, once people start insulting the speaker rather than addressing what he’s said (aka ad hominem) then game over. He’s won.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Do you honestly think that on getting into the RF that she knew that she would be criticised for eating Avocados? Touching her baby bump?

Seriously, compare her coverage to Kate Middleton's and tell me you don't see a problem:

Also, Piers wasn't fired - he quit. And why the hell should she not complain about him? His comments about her were disgraceful, and damaging to anyone with mental health issues or suicidal thoughts. Is there a reason why you think she should sit back quietly and put with it? He should have taken more responsibility for his words.

And please do tell me, what has she lied about?
YES SHE bleeping SHOULD.

Never explain never complain.
Is the a moto that the Queen lives by, she's been serving the commonwealth since she was 21 without any petty complaint. Even when she has every right to. She goes about her life doing the duty she's been assigned without a word, without expecting any sort of praise from anyone.
If it's good enough for the Queen it should be good enough for her.

Secondly, you are wrong in saying that Catherine didn't get any horrible press. She got it worse then Meghan. She was dubbed Waity Katy for years, she was Williams girlfriend for years before ever meeting the Queen. But she kept her head down, concreated on the her charitable causes. It's easy to say that now because people find her endearing. But she didn't always have it so easy.

He didn't say anything offensive. He didn't get violent, cuss her out, encourage other people to attack her or threaten her with physical violence. She's said nothing to her toxic fans about not bullying people on social media.

We shouldn't be getting people fired because we disagree with them. Journalists shouldn't live in fear that the next woke mob will leave them without a job. This cancel culture we have is so ridiculous. It's all fun and games until it happens to you. And believe me if you keep supporting behaviour like this IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU no matter how politically correct you think you are. It'll never be enough for the mob.

• Heart
YES SHE bleeping SHOULD.

Is the a moto that the Queen lives by, she's been serving the commonwealth since she was 21 without any petty complaint. Even when she has every right to. She goes about her life doing the duty she's been assigned without a word, without expecting any sort of praise from anyone.

Secondly, you are wrong in saying that Catherine didn't get any horrible press. She got it worse then Meghan. She was dubbed Waity Katy for years, she was Williams girlfriend for years before ever meeting the Queen. But she kept her head down, concreated on the her charitable causes. It's easy to say that now because people find her endearing. But she didn't always have it so easy.

He didn't say anything offensive. He didn't get violent, cuss her out, encourage other people to attack her or threaten her with physical violence. She's said nothing to her toxic fans about not bullying people on social media.

We shouldn't be getting people fired because we disagree with them. Journalists shouldn't live in fear that the next woke mob will leave them without a job. This cancel culture we have is so ridiculous. It's all fun and games until it happens to you. And believe me if you keep supporting behaviour like this IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU no matter how politically correct you think you are. It'll never be enough for the mob.

Piers Morgan wasn't fired.

Exactly what poor behaviour have the royal family engaged in regarding Markle? “Do better. Be better”? Seriously?

Yes, they are in their postion because we, the public allow it. That’s the whole point. They work for us. They are given entirely unearned privileges and platforms in return for which they don’t rub our noses in their wealth, don’t behave like attention seeking celebrities, don’t monetise their roles, don’t take political sides and don’t use their “voices” to tell us how marvellous they are everytime they make speeches.

Their public lives are spent in the service of others - highlighting the good works of other people, bringing attention to charities, celebrating achievements and representing our nation on the world stage. Their focus is not themselves, it’s other people.

Markle:

* Cleared an enormous space for herself at Wimbledon because she didn’t want to sit near the great unwashed
* Showed up at a charity for women who couldn’t afford second hand clothes in £10k worth of Oscar de la Renta
* Pulled infantile little stunts like baking cakes & writing on bananas to ensure she was always the headline, not the charity
* Got her husband to ask for work on her behalf while attending (in a work capacity) a premiere
* Spent over £1m on clothes in a single year while pretending to care about poverty
* Made sure the press was on hand to see her being showered with gifts by her millionaire friends while her husband stayed at home to make a speech about child food poverty
* Smugly told us all to limit our carbon footprints while herself using private planes like a no.10 bus

If this wasn’t enough, her most senior member of staff was so concerned about the appalling way she was treating staff he made a formal bullying complaint about her.

Now let’s see what the “do better” royal family actually did do for Markle, shall we?

* Provided a £35m wedding, including two dresses for her that cost £300k...she didn’t pay for anything at all
* Gave her the option to chart her own course & continue her career if she so chose (which she rejected)
....and, lest we forget, gave her the fame she yearned for & which her unimpressive little career was never going to provide.

What exactly has she had to “put up with”? Not being as important as two future kings and a future queen? Poor thing. Not being allowed to bore us with her political opinions even though her position doesn’t allow her to? Tragic. A deluge of sychophantic, glowingly positive media that politely pretended her puffed up “humanitarian” work amounted to anything? My heart bleeds for the poor love.

What she’s ACTUALLY “had to put up with” is fair criticism from the media when her behaviour (and that of her husband) has been less than ideal. Which is precisely what you demand the media do with regards to the rest of the royal family....but she should be exempt from that, right?

I wonder what it is about Markle that makes you want her to be treated differently? For someone like me, who judges people on the content of their character and precisely nothing else, I find it hard to fathom. You want her “othered” and held to a different set of rules....if that’s because you like her, then that’s pathetic. If it‘s because she’s a woman, then that’s sexist. If it’s because she is 25% black then that’s racist.

As far as Morgan is concerned, once people start insulting the speaker rather than addressing what he’s said (aka ad hominem) then game over. He’s won.

Yes exactly, you shouldn't try to convince him though.
He'll just think what he wants even when the evidence speaks for itself.
Honestly the Queen should have taken a page out her mothers book and ask for her to give up her citizenship. Have them exiled and never let them come back. Spoilt little brats.

Reactions: 2

Markle:

Gosh. You've clearly given this a lot more thought that I have. We've been told not to talk about MM in this thread, and I would join you in dedicated thread, but it's such a crap fest in there.

Just a few points though:

Exactly what poor behaviour have the royal family engaged in regarding Markle? Pondering the colour of her babies skin, not offering her any help when she was at a low point? Not protecting her from disgusting headlines, refusing to communicate with Harry and her? You probably don't believe her words in the interview, but I do

I wonder what it is about Markle that makes you want her to be treated differently? - not differently. Just like a normal human, you know, with decency and kindness.

As far as Morgan is concerned, once people start insulting the speaker rather than addressing what he’s said - I never insulted him personally, read my posts again if you need to

What she’s ACTUALLY “had to put up with” is fair criticism from the media when her behaviour (and that of her husband) has been less than ideal - Fair criticism?? Are you joking? She has been criticised for eating Avocados, touching her baby bump, not wearing a hat, requesting scented candles. What have she and Harry done to deserve that in your eyes?

Their public lives are spent in the service of others - highlighting the good works of other people, bringing attention to charities, celebrating achievements and representing our nation on the world stage. Their focus is not themselves, it’s other people - Two words for you. Prince Andrew. Look at his behaviour and tell me how many threads there on here about him? What good has he done the public, he's completely self serving and he's far from the only one.

Anyway, like I said, I'll leave it here as this is a Piers Morgan thread.

YES SHE bleeping SHOULD.

Never complain, never explain? Jesus. Do you live your life like that?

Also, Kate may have got some negative press but nothing like the vitriol MM got. Also, once they married Kate has received nothing but good press from what I've seen.

Piers wasn't fired - he had a tantrum because a colleague called him out, then he quit. Read his twitter post.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why the hell should paying customers have to move? And why would they tolerate that?
That was security at the event, not Meghan. She was blamed for it, and again, no one corrected the story. She is wrong about many things, and that may be because she was naive about what being in the Royal Fmaily entailed, but many of the incidences you mentioned were false. She didnt announce her pregnancy at Eugenies wedding. Everyone knew she was pregnant but people congratualted her because it was the first time they had seen her ( that was refuted by the Palace)

The palace leak stories to the Royal Rota ALL THE TIME to put their point across and tell people their side of the story. The Never complain never explain is bullshit

• Heart
That was security at the event, not Meghan. She was blamed for it, and again, no one corrected the story. She is wrong about many things, and that may be because she was naive about what being in the Royal Fmaily entailed, but many of the incidences you mentioned were false. She didnt announce her pregnancy at Eugenies wedding. Everyone knew she was pregnant but people congratualted her because it was the first time they had seen her ( that was refuted by the Palace)
Turning up to the wedding with her coat fastened like it was, was to cause speculation about the pregnancy.

Reactions: 6
Gosh. You've clearly given this a lot more thought that I have. We've been told not to talk about MM in this thread, and I would join you in dedicated thread, but it's such a crap fest in there.

Exactly what poor behaviour have the royal family engaged in regarding Markle? Pondering the colour of her babies skin, not offering her any help when she was at a low point? Not protecting her from disgusting headlines, refusing to communicate with Harry and her? You probably don't believe her words in the interview, but I do

I wonder what it is about Markle that makes you want her to be treated differently? - not differently. Just like a normal human, you know, with decency and kindness.

As far as Morgan is concerned, once people start insulting the speaker rather than addressing what he’s said - I never insulted him personally, read my posts again if you need to

What she’s ACTUALLY “had to put up with” is fair criticism from the media when her behaviour (and that of her husband) has been less than ideal - Fair criticism?? Are you joking? She has been criticised for eating Avocados, touching her baby bump, not wearing a hat, requesting scented candles. What have she and Harry done to deserve that in your eyes?

Their public lives are spent in the service of others - highlighting the good works of other people, bringing attention to charities, celebrating achievements and representing our nation on the world stage. Their focus is not themselves, it’s other people - Two words for you. Prince Andrew. Look at his behaviour and tell me how many threads there on here about him? What good has he done the public, he's completely self serving and he's far from the only one.

Also, Kate may have got some negative press but nothing like the vitriol MM got. Also, once they married Kate has received nothing but good press from what I've seen.

Piers wasn't fired - he had a tantrum because a colleague called him out, then he quit. Read his twitter post.
Join us on the Meghan rave thread♥😅

Piers was essentially given an ultimatum: apologise (for the comment about not believing that she was suicidal only) or leave. And this because of MM's complaint.

I am sorry, but Piers was also very vocal about the MPs that messed up the pandemic.
Yes, he is a bit obsessed with MM, but MM is a piece of work.

Piers highlighted:

Meghan is responsible for a lot of the criticism she received:
- Whining about her life in a documentary in Africa. How embarrassing
- Yes, touching her bump too often (on stage at an event? WTF? I cringed seeing it. not necessary)
- The baby shower - again, WTF? She acted like a Kardashian
- Private jets
- Too tight clothes
- Wimbledon. How embarrassing.
- Oprah. How embarrassing.
- Comparing herself to the Little Mermaid. Cringe. How embarrassing.

Seriously, did the world need to hear all the stuff from the Oprah interview? WHY did they give the interview?
Why cause rumours.

And Harry? He is out of the BRF and the UK.
He said on global television that his family and the UK is racist. Nobody will ever forgive him for that.#

Who would do that? Deal with your family problems internally and if you cannot do that then just duck off and shut up.

It is the PM threat, but PM and MM are fairly linked these days.

The palace leak stories to the Royal Rota ALL THE TIME to put their point across and tell people their side of the story. The Never complain never explain is bullshit
How do you know this about Wimbledon and the pregnancy?

And the pregnancy was formally announced (in the press) just after Eugenia's wedding, they could have waited a bit.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.