Phoebe & Me #2 begged for then bagged 8.5 grand! Abandons her subs, it all feels a bit underhand?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree the whole thing was planned from not mentioning the new car or barely, to Neil saying not
to mention the “lost” job and other details I suspect haven’t been divulged. So many things are
hidden now like whether Jess got another job etc, to avoid criticism. It was always planned to turn this channel into a book channel and even throughout Vlogmas it was a lot of “ I didn’t want to do this etc”. This went up shortly before GFM was
announced.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I think it's the sneaky way she's went about things filming those pre op vids and taking for granted she'd be able to go private ,moaning and groaning in pain ( so forced ) while filming ,then her friend posts them on an assault course 😂 we haven't seen her groan since she got the money ! she's able to go shopping and do all sorts of exercises with ease ,and of course claiming they haven't got a penny spare at the end of each month but she was able to buy the watch and a lot of other stuff, but couldn't contribute anything to her own surgery.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think it's the sneaky way she's went about things filming those pre op vids and taking for granted she'd be able to go private ,moaning and groaning in pain ( so forced ) while filming ,then her friend posts them on an assault course 😂 we haven't seen her groan since she got the money ! she's able to go shopping and do all sorts of exercises with ease ,and of course claiming they haven't got a penny spare at the end of each month but she was able to buy the watch and a lot of other stuff, but couldn't contribute anything to her own surgery.
Its the apperently cant do basic activities but then going on an adventure day out with ellie at go ape for me 😐 🤔

Always liked Jess and I'm in the minority that I'm not really bothered she did a GFM. I have thought all along though that she will ditch YouTube and I can see it happening after the op.

I think videos will go quiet and she may do the occasional book one, can't see we will get vlogs though which is a shame as I do enjoy those.
Me too. I feel she's put out so much content for years and not made a penny off them, that it does not bother me about the GFM.
I still really enjoy her old videos and would say she's my fav to watch for vlogmas.
I just like the fact that she isn't fake and she's relatable.

Reactions: 5
It was her choice to make that content though. I don’t think she’s fake now but I don’t think she’s all that honest either. I used to think they were a honest hard working family but now I just see someone who would rather ask for money from other people than do anything herself. She even quit a job before setting up a GFM. Making content that doesn’t get many views doesn’t entitle you to recoup that money from viewers. Maybe that job was even quit deliberately to make them look even more hard up than they are as they did try to make out it was lost and it was deliberately mentioned. I don’t find her honest or relatable at all anymore.

Me too. I feel she's put out so much content for years and not made a penny off them, that it does not bother me about the GFM.
I still really enjoy her old videos and would say she's my fav to watch for vlogmas.
I just like the fact that she isn't fake and she's relatable.

Maybe it wasn't for the want of trying for brand work ? her couldn't be bothered attitude would put a lot of brands off… she’s got business inquiries in her bio
CCB5134A-620A-47F5-9612-C1D470AC0F43.jpeg

Last edited:
In latest video she says works less than 8 hours a week. I guess the lost job wasn’t replaced. I wonder why not?

In latest video she says works less than 8 hours a week. I guess the lost job wasn’t replaced. I wonder why not?
Well I think we can guess 🤷‍♀️ I take it it's just the 8 hrs on a Sat/Sun for Neils work ? even though they offered her more hrs but she doesn't like working from home around the kids... I think she'll find practically the whole country is doing that atm :rolleyes:

I thought it was cleaning. She can’t do
more because she has two
children and admitted she couldn’t have had the operation if it wasn’t for subscribers- it was expected for them to stump up.

All I hear are excuses- even the part about how annoying it would be to travel for appointments. People travel that far for treatment on the NHS or to work even. Private surgery has been paid for but it would be too far to drive. Whattt?

Well I think we can guess 🤷‍♀️ I take it it's just the 8 hrs on a Sat/Sun for Neils work ? even though they offered her more hrs but she doesn't like working from home around the kids... I think she'll find practically the whole country is doing that atm :rolleyes:

I thought it was cleaning. She can’t do
more because she has two
children and admitted she couldn’t have had the operation if it wasn’t for subscribers- it was expected for them to stump up.

All I hear are excuses- even the part about how annoying it would be to travel for appointments. People travel that far for treatment on the NHS or to work even. Private surgery has been paid for but it would be too far to drive. Whattt?
So she gave up the weekends working from home ? why ?

I just saw a comment saying ppl can’t help other ppl out without expecting something in return.

well i wonder how many GFMS Jess has contributed to. I’d love to see screenshots of her donations. And if you can buy 15 books you can donate a fiver, but haven’t seen her share anyone else’s story.

Reactions: 4
I know but knowing how difficult it is for people to get BR surgery on nhs wouldn’t you think she would want to help others who don’t have a following.
Yes of course you would ,she's even in a private BR group .

I don't have Instagram and can only see public pages so can't see hers as it's private. Has she put anything on?
She put up a pic of herself in a hospital gown this morning and something about being ready to change her life, but nothing since.

With her work, I was under the impression that she still does the cleaning and that the job she left in December was her other part time office based one. We don't know exactly what went on with that because she hasn't divulged the details. We don't know that it was as simple as Jess not liking a new system that they'd got while she was on mat leave.

Arguably, she could have picked up some other work but I can understand her not doing this because she has two children to care for and she appears to be the main caregiver doing the school runs etc with limited options for regular help from family etc. It might be that after weighing up the cost of childcare for Florence it made more sense for her to be a stay at home mum, at least for the time being. Zero judgement for that, I know people who were better off doing this due to the cost of childcare. She could even have been trying to get other part time work for all we know, but it's competitive and covid has impacted a lot of businesses. It's a hard time for anyone to be looking for work, let alone someone with limited availability and not much work experience.

My gripe with the situation is that she wasn't actually refused the operation with the NHS and that she opted to go private and setup the GFM before she actually had an outcome for the referral after they'd made those changes to it. But the story has been framed as her being refused the surgery. Having said that I definitely don't think the situation is as calculated as some are making out and if people are happy to donate money for this then that's up to them. I genuinely can't see them choosing the monthly payment plan and pretending they were paying upfront.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.