Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get on your freedom of choice and woman’s rights high horse all you want tbh I couldn’t care less. But clinical guidelines are there for a reason, for many reasons to do with the mothers health, and the baby’s health, but also to protect a midwife and her health continually pulling 17 stone plus women out of water pools, should anything go wrong. Bit hypocritical of you to want rights for the mother, but not for the female health worker? Or do they not matter too, that’s the thing about feminism in this case the morality isn't just about the mother. Feebs was determined to get the birth she wanted at any cost, this time it has worked out for her and the baby, thankfully.
See unless you do correct research on certain trusts you just end up assuming things. If anything were to go wrong in the pool a midwife is not allowed to lift ANYONE out of the pool, they have special flotation devices and hoists to assist.
To say a woman shouldn’t have a water birth just because it may be more difficult to get them out the pool is so discriminatory. Would you say the same about someone who was disabled?

Reactions: 2
#homesweethomebirth
Oh the smugness!

Well I chose to have my kids in the hospital because I didn't want a home birth, I didn't want a water birth, and I certainly didn't want people in my house!

#babyarrived that is all.

Reactions: 11
See unless you do correct research on certain trusts you just end up assuming things. If anything were to go wrong in the pool a midwife is not allowed to lift ANYONE out of the pool, they have special flotation devices and hoists to assist.
To say a woman shouldn’t have a water birth just because it may be more difficult to get them out the pool is so discriminatory. Would you say the same about someone who was disabled?
Is that the case if you have a home water birth though? Presume that is just in hospital

Is that the case if you have a home water birth though? Presume that is just in hospital
I don’t know about home births, I haven’t done enough research to comment but yes in hospitals (at least mine) they are not Allowed to lift anyone out the pool. Can you imagine what would happen if a midwife dropped a pregnant woman on her tummy trying to get her out the pool??

but home birth pools are inflatable, so my guess would be they would deflate it a little to help the woman to her feet?

Reactions: 1
How dare you suggest I was being discriminatory, and about disabled people too? Nah jog on. Who has a hoist in their house for a home birth? Do they bring it with them? I’m not saying a woman shouldn’t have a home birth because it may be more difficult to get them out. I’m saying there’s guidelines for a reason why they advise precaution in your decision making, and it’s not just all about the mother and baby. I was told that, because I was 18 stone at the time, so before you start as well, it was me who was left feeling tit about my size and not being to have the birth I wanted, because I listened to all of these people with the medical degrees who had much more knowledge than me, that my morbidly obese bmi could be problematic. I took their advice and decided it’d be best for me to have my birth in hospital. If you want to get ranty about I should have stood my ground and demanded what I wanted then don’t bother, I didn’t. Can’t be arsed arguing about bmis and home births all night either.

Reactions: 12
Get on your freedom of choice and woman’s rights high horse all you want tbh I couldn’t care less. But clinical guidelines are there for a reason, for many reasons to do with the mothers health, and the baby’s health, but also to protect a midwife and her health continually pulling 17 stone plus women out of water pools, should anything go wrong. Bit hypocritical of you to want rights for the mother, but not for the female health worker? Or do they not matter too, that’s the thing about feminism in this case the morality isn't just about the mother. Feebs was determined to get the birth she wanted at any cost, this time it has worked out for her and the baby, thankfully.
Because everyone’s got time to be messing about with hoists in an emergency during labour 👍🏻

Reactions: 8
I think it is really difficult to comment on as when deciding on a birth plan and whether home birth is allowed medics and midwives will take lots of individual factors into account.
So whether you could have a home birth would depend on local guidelines, services, distance from hospital, past medical history previous birth history etc.
Personally I wouldn’t want one as would be worried about the mess!

Reactions: 3
How dare you suggest I was being discriminatory, and about disabled people too? Nah jog on. Who has a hoist in their house for a home birth? Do they bring it with them? I’m not saying a woman shouldn’t have a home birth because it may be more difficult to get them out. I’m saying there’s guidelines for a reason why they advise precaution in your decision making, and it’s not just all about the mother and baby. I was told that, because I was 18 stone at the time, so before you start as well, it was me who was left feeling tit about my size and not being to have the birth I wanted, because I listened to all of these people with the medical degrees who had much more knowledge than me, that my morbidly obese bmi could be problematic. I took their advice and decided it’d be best for me to have my birth in hospital. If you want to get ranty about I should have stood my ground and demanded what I wanted then don’t bother, I didn’t. Can’t be arsed arguing about bmis and home births all night either.
but it is all about mother and baby.. that’s the point, do you hear surgeons say oh I’m not performing that 8 hour surgery because I’ll feel tired and my feet hurt, no because they get on with it. I’m currently 21 stone and going through this myself so I know exactly what it feels like to feel like tit and being told I can’t have what I want because of their guidelines (which aren’t the law) And just because they have medical degrees doesn’t mean they are more knowledgeable on the subject either, all the statistics and policy’s are on the internet for you to read. Which is exactly what I have done, because I know I am higher risk. But that doesn’t mean something bad will happen because of it

Because everyone’s got time to be messing about with hoists in an emergency during labour 👍🏻
If they don’t want to risk dropping a pregnant woman then yes they will, especially since if they don’t follow ‘policy’ they could lose their jobs too.

Reactions: 2
Glad and everything went well for them but doubt I’ll last long following once the, see I told you so, birth storying starts.

Treat we all got to see Jim’s boobs before we see feebs boobin start

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hey, ladies and gents, can we get back on track ..... I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just wanna read about feebs and her freckles and boobing . I'm glad she's had a healthy baby and everyone is well 💕

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hey, ladies and gents, can we get back on track ..... I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just wanna read about feebs and her freckles and boobing . I'm glad she's had a healthy baby and everyone is well 💕
Glad you said this 😎

Reactions: 4
Glad you said this 😎
I'm not usually the one who speaks up but I'm really going through a massive personal thing right now + I come on here to read everything as it's a little bit of light-hearted normal in my life lol. I love reading the silly sarcastic comments about feebs boobs and V having tantrums etc etc

Reactions: 5
bleeping hell she is going to be unbearable
The smugness will be intolerable
God help us all !!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Glad you said this 😎
Sorry all for my contribution in derailing the thread everyone, we are fiery little passionate beings aren’t we 😳 Back to the announcement pics today, and I actually thought Jimbo was having a go at boobin’ himself when I first scrolled through the pics fast 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry all for my contribution in derailing the thread everyone, we are fiery little passionate beings aren’t we 😳 Back to the announcement pics today, and I actually thought Jimbo was having a go at boobin’ himself when I first scrolled through the pics fast 😂
I apologise too! It’s hard when you feel passionate about things to hold your tongue.
I personally can’t wait for her birth story, although definitely do not want her to get any more smug!!

Reactions: 5
Is boobin' an actual thing? Or is it something Feebs is trying to make happen? I breastfed my babies but I certainly didn't 'boob' them 😂

Is boobin' an actual thing? Or is it something Feebs is trying to make happen? I breastfed my babies but I certainly didn't 'boob' them 😂
Well from this array of boobin’ I think she’s tried to make it a thing and there’ll be no hiding from it second time around either! She’s alfresco boobin’...poolside boobin’...golden one year of boobin’ Shes the only person i’ve heard or seen mention it!! Literally obsessed with the boobin’ I’m just waiting for the “he latched like a dream” to complete the smugness!

Attachments

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.