Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHER GOOD GOD. Just get Jim to take them with his iPhone.
Oh she really is too extra. Dates, eating her placenta and now wants the birth photographed by a pro?! The mw’s at my youngest sons birth wouldn’t let my husband video with his phone until they knew everything was fine, as that was their policy, and this annoying bint wants a full on photo shoot, I can’t.

Reactions: 1
Is that the case if you have a home water birth though? Presume that is just in hospital
I don’t know about home births, I haven’t done enough research to comment but yes in hospitals (at least mine) they are not Allowed to lift anyone out the pool. Can you imagine what would happen if a midwife dropped a pregnant woman on her tummy trying to get her out the pool??

but home birth pools are inflatable, so my guess would be they would deflate it a little to help the woman to her feet?

Minniemousesshoes

She’s so imopoverished. Yet she’s signed up to Disney+. (Unless she’s on the 7 day free trial. In which case I will retract this )

Mum123

VIP Member
That's very true, but it's not definite that the placenta doesn't work as it did. Even the NHS say risks are only slightly increased if you decide to continue pregnancy at that stage and that you should have monitoring. It's not a choice I have made, and I was induced at 42 weeks, but it wasn't medically required that I did so.
I just don’t understand why she’s so against it personally 🤷‍♀️ Arguing that there may only be slight risks and you can still wait etc, just get the baby out!!! She’s so opposed and I don’t get it,is she not fed up of being pregnant by now!
Also just seen her Q&A’s, are people seriously asking if she has any advice on how to conceive and how long it took 🤣🤣🤣

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
‘ Brutal feeding plan ‘

Just give the poor boy a bottle for gods sake !!! If he is losing weight then he is obviously not getting enough from her and may just need a top up !!!
Yes! I had to top up when my Son lost weight and was able to continue BF. I understand the guilt but in my case it was loose another oz and he was going into hospital.

• Heart

MissSwizz

Oh interesting, I didn’t know you could do this.
Yep! Obviously, you’re still limited to the amount that they will give in tax free but we don’t do full time, so able to add in extra each month. We’re eating a lot of baked beans, but my eldest keeps the routine and I get some days with only 1 child and don’t feel guilty about it! 🙌

Charmed40

Chatty Member
I was 38 and wanted a home birth. Absolutely gorgeous pregnancy and it was all planned. A midwife did me a sweep as I was a week overdue. Biggest regret of my entire life. I felt like shite for 4 days after like a burning feeling down below. I gave birth 10 days overdue and me and my son were touch and go with sepsis. My hone birth was an emergency section with me being knocked out and him being wheeled to neonatal for 2 weeks. PTSD and depression galore followed. Look, I have no problem with a woman doing whatever she wants and feeling empowered. I absolutely hate my midwifery service as they failed me and my son in before and after care and even forgot us when he came home. I did complain but they're all in it together. I know, I work there. What Im trying to say is you can think how you're going to give birth and its all rosey but you never know. Have faith in your delivery suite, mine was absolutely brilliant and truly looked after us. It's the ward and community I hated. Good look Feebs, with the birth and the after shit storm with a jealous first child because we've all been there ❤

• Sad

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Nobody can stop you having a home birth. They can recommend you don’t, but if you decide to go ahead then they will still come out to you because they have a duty of care.
I’m pretty sure my BMI is higher than Feebs, and it’s my first pregnancy, but as I’m otherwise low risk (so far, still early day so that could change) my midwife has said that she has no concerns about me having a home birth if I want one. She had already had a straightforward first birth which I’m sure will have gone in her favour as well.

I could’ve done without the topless pic of Big Jim to be honest, but pleased that the baby is here safely and she managed to have the birth she wanted. (Although, of course, it will make her 1000000x more intolerably from now on)
Ah I think I’ve got mixed up I think in hospitals they won’t let you have a water birth if your bmi is over a certain number, I certainly got told that with my last as I was well over it! I guess though with home birth you’re right as they do have a duty of care if that’s what you want to do! I think the baby looks like Jim in the last pic of him!

WhatABore

VIP Member
I think it's funny that she said no she wouldn't have a free birth on one of her questions.
So basically she wants to ignore all medical advice as if they're not there, like a free birth, until she needs help because she's gone against what they said in the first place.

Sven

VIP Member
And this is why mummy blogs are dangerous. Unrealistic expectations about motherhood. God. I had to replace my sofa due to it being ruined by infant vomit. You don’t see that on Instagram! 🙈
Tell me about it!! I did have to remove them all and thankfully were out the other side.

Saturn

I read a few reviews of the Jade (the maxi cosi lie flat car seat). It’s good for positioning but it’s £££ and will not last long at all. And then you need a normal carry seat which lasts until they are 1 if your lucky. So seemed a real waste. Great if you have the money and go on lots of long trips. It’s not like a normal carry car seat that can be reclined, it stays in a flat position.