Phoebe Court #20 Always late for the school run, Jimbo showing us his front bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going off topic but:

I have put on about 5 stone during lockdown. I'm not proud of it, but also I can't see where I'm going so wrong. I've started calorie counting and watching what I eat and the weight is still piling on. I came off my anti-depressants in case they were causing it, but alas, no weight loss. :ROFLMAO:
I was wondering if I may have an underactive thyroid as I have a lot of the symptoms (doesn't Feebs have this?) but I'm too embarrassed to see a doctor. Will they just laugh and tell me to eat less and exercise more? I just want a blood test to rule it out, are they likely to refuse? I guess seeing Feebs put on so much weight has made me think about it more, I'm probably the same size as her and I feel a bit embarrassed everytime I look at this thread :oops:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

I have put on about 5 stone during lockdown. I'm not proud of it, but also I can't see where I'm going so wrong. I've started calorie counting and watching what I eat and the weight is still piling on. I came off my anti-depressants in case they were causing it, but alas, no weight loss. :ROFLMAO:
I was wondering if I may have an underactive thyroid as I have a lot of the symptoms (doesn't Feebs have this?) but I'm too embarrassed to see a doctor. Will they just laugh and tell me to eat less and exercise more? I just want a blood test to rule it out, are they likely to refuse? I guess seeing Feebs put on so much weight has made me think about it more, I'm probably the same size as her and I feel a bit embarrassed everytime I look at this thread :oops:
I too am a larger lady (size 18/20) however I think the difference is I’ve never conned people out of money to then become a complete hypocrite.
There’s no shame in being bigger and wanting to lose weight sensibly. I’m sure the doctor will listen.

Reactions: 9
I am also plus size - size 18 at the moment. I am also short (5ft) . I don’t think anyone would give that much of a hard time for the weight gain if she didn’t do adverts peddling weight loss products . Then in the next story she is spending £150+ on Tesco food hauls. It just seems disingenuous to not even make any real effort to use the products she is promoting. It’s just for money ( although let’s face it she isn’t short of a Bob or two).
She would do better if she chose to either really lose the weight or accept she is overweight and really help others to feel comfortable in their size . She doesn’t do this at all - she just sends out mixed messages all the time.

Reactions: 6
CUT THOSE bleeping GRAPES UP YOU ABSOLUTE bleeping MORON!!! Honestly who on earth takes their children's life for granted like her??? My friend is a pediatric nurse and she said the amount of kids they see choking to death on grapes is unbelievable, and not just babies, 6-7 year olds!! They should be cut into quarters not even just halves. She should be reported for child neglect because the fact that none of her children have been seriously hurt yet is just pure bleeping luck. (Excuse the language I'm ANGRY )

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

I'm bigger too but the difference is, I haven't promoted weight loss and taken people's money whilst steadily gaining weight.
I also don't eat enough food for 8 people in 1 sitting.
I also don't sit on my arse and call it work 😂
These are all the reasons she gets criticised and called certain things.
Not just because she's bigger 😊

I’m sure your doctor will listen - i thought I had a thyroid issue and told them I wanted a blood test done. It may all depend on other symptoms, if any. Never be ashamed to go to your doctor, that’s what they are there for.
I mention it, only because you haven’t stated above, but I would aim for 10k steps a day alongside your calorie counting for a bit to see if that helps first. And make sure your calorie amount is right for you. James Smith has a calorie counter that is pretty spot on and will give you a higher amount than my fitness pal sets (which is usually too low and not sustainable depending on your goals)

Reactions: 3
No shame in carrying some extra weight. Chocolate, cheese, wine…yummy. I’m curvy. And not as unhappy about that as I have been in the past.

The shame is never in being the size she is. The shame is in presenting herself as a lifestyle guru who knows best. The shame is in having spent years making other people feel bad about their weight and profiting from that, rinsing peoples insecurities, and the total hypocrisy displayed day in day out.

She’s basically an atrocious bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's always wishing their lives away even when she's trying to make out she doesn't want them to grow up. My youngest goes school nursery in Jan and I'm bloody dreading it so I make the most of every single day with him and his bros. I don't wish away every weekend with them or disappear on a spa pass, I had them cos I wanted to be surrounded by them 💖 she needs to change her mindset and priorities 🥺

She probably thinks it’s the only reason she’s gained weight.
I wonder if the doc said it’s probably not ADHD, you just haven’t been taking your prescribed medication. Or, I won’t investigate anything else unless you are taking your meds.

Definitely speak to your doctor hun, I think they've got better in recent years re discussing weight, tend to be much kinder. Especially if you go in and say 'I realise I'm carrying more than I should be and I need your help' . Unless you're unlucky then they should be quite compassionate then cos you need them and they don't need to do all the alarming educatey stuff. Fingers crossed hun xx

Yeh they def wouldn't look into anything else for her if she's complaining about stuff the thyroid meds cover! I had a slipped disk over Xmas and my physio said I had to try using what they'd given me before the gp would be likely to offer me anything else, low and behold the first lot of meds were amazing and sorted me out! Magic really!

I had tests done for my thyroid last year. I felt like I'd had a fair few of the symptoms, plus has really been struggling to lose weight after doing well the year before, despite being active etc. I also had a miscarriage and had heard an unbalanced thyroid can be a factor in causing them, so it kicked me up the bum to get checked.

I filled in an online consultation with my GP surgery and just listed off the symptoms I had, plus what I'd been doing to try and help myself. I then directly requested they test my thyroid. I think it's harder for any pushback if you directly ask this. They willingly did it and tested some other things too. I will say though, the only thing I didn't mention in my online consultation was the miscarriage just in case they thought that was the only reason for me getting checked. The NHS won't do any tests for that until you've had three in a row, and didn't want them to think I was trying to cheat the (tit) system.

For what it's worth my thyroid is fine, but just thought I'd share how my experience with getting tested was.

CUT THOSE bleeping GRAPES UP YOU ABSOLUTE bleeping MORON!!! Honestly who on earth takes their children's life for granted like her??? My friend is a pediatric nurse and she said the amount of kids they see choking to death on grapes is unbelievable, and not just babies, 6-7 year olds!! They should be cut into quarters not even just halves. She should be reported for child neglect because the fact that none of her children have been seriously hurt yet is just pure bleeping luck. (Excuse the language I'm ANGRY )
This makes me livid too. I've noticed sometimes she bothers, sometimes she doesn't. It's neglectful in my opinion to know the danger and still refuse to spend the extra two minutes cutting them. I have a friend who is the same. We both have girls 2.5 years old. She's never cut them and scoffs at me when I cut them for my daughter. Says "her child can handle them". Whole olives too. Maybe I'll set her up with Mick.

Noticed the old Bhuna Boobs are out again, why is she so weirdly obsessed with breast feeding

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm all for breastfeeding babies upto when their weaned but I can't help but cringe when I see a grown kid suckling away. He eats tikka from a dish, he doesn't need it from the tit too 🤮🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Hi I'm a nurse and please don't ever let a GP fob you off.
If you aren't happy with them ask to speak to the practice manager and explain to them why you aren't happy. See another GP in the practice.
I have a nurse friend who even complained to the General Medical Council about her GP because she is a larger lady and he was blaming everything on that (she told him in the appointment if he didn't refer her for the test she was going to report him, he still wouldnt!)...when she eventually got the test she did in fact have an underlying issue which was nothing to do with weight.
So go in prepared, you've done your research, you've got the symptoms, you want the test. Don't take no for an answer.
You know your body better than anybody.

• Heart
I'm all for breastfeeding babies upto when their weaned but I can't help but cringe when I see a grown kid suckling away. He eats tikka from a dish, he doesn't need it from the tit too 🤮🤣
Same. As soon as their able to walk talk eat 3 nutritional meals as well as snacks and can drink cows milk from a beaker there really isn’t any need to carry it on IMO

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.