Phoebe Court #12 Same tit, different name, all the content is still so lame

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like that whole Q&A should come with a warning about seeking professional advice not the advice of a smug old lady on Instagram!
Absolutely- she was bragging about ignoring Dr's advice and getting her birth her way it's dangerous to be saying that to possibly vulnerable easily influenced people. My consultant spent what, 5 years at uni then many years learning and progressing. Why would I disregard that and potentially put me and my baby at risk?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The most dangerous part of that is where she told people to go with what they wanted - regardless of medical advice re: BMI. It’s ultimately the mother’s decision but I’d trust a doctors opinion over Micks funnily enough.

Reactions: 11
I’m almost lost for words about all that birthing talk. I’m all for women exploring birth options, etc but please do not think you know better than the hospital staff who have experienced 1000s of births between them. And as for her and her “minimal blood loss” bullshit, duck off feebs. I had a relatively “straight forward” first birth (I was very lucky!) and even I couldn’t have handled all the mess that comes with it.

Reactions: 15
As someone with a high BMI who was categorically told that I could not have a home birth, water birth or have my baby in the local birthing centre as I was too ‘high risk’ - the fact that she’s blatantly just told everyone to ignore the professionals is bleeping beyond me! How bleeping arrogant! Imagine if something had gone wrong, she’d have been quick to blame everyone else even though she blatantly disregarded everything she was told. Selfish, that’s all it is. Absolute bellend.

C35AF1DD-7635-40AC-A7C2-C9F8FFCA8E7F.png

‘the risks are tiny’??? Mate I’d rather trust a bleeping professional than would google ffs!

Reactions: 16
I thought some bits were useful, especially about how to hire and the extra costs etc. But what if it makes someone go against medical advice and they aren’t as lucky? I honestly think she was lucky with how well the birth went at home, especially being 30mins from the hosp! I would love a home birth, I guess a lot of people would, but I couldn’t forgive myself if something goes wrong

Reactions: 6
Unless you've had a traumatic birth you don't realise how dangerous birth can be. She is so annoying telling people they can go against medical advice just because her births we're lovely. Most people I know have had emergency sections, including myself, my partner was also told my baby would be brain damaged and I could die. But yeah very glad I was in the hospital at that point and not at home! She's an absolute head.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She should acknowledge that she was really lucky that both her births were straight forward. Instead she acts like it was all because she was doing hypnobirthing. She is the type of person who makes people who had to have intervention feel like they failed!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Unless you've had a traumatic birth you don't realise how dangerous birth can be. She is so annoying telling people they can go against medical advice just because her births we're lovely. Most people I know have had emergency sections, including myself, my partner was also told my baby would be brain damaged and I could die. But yeah very glad I was in the hospital at that point and not at home! She's an absolute head.
Exactly this! My first was undiagnosed breech. We didn't know until my waters had gone and I was in labour. I'd been told head was well down for weeks beforehand. I was immediately prepped for EMCS, baby's head was wedged under my ribs and they took 4 mins to clear her airways. Second was a loss, I retained the placenta. Junior doctors took 5 hours to make a decision, I kept losing blood and expedited their decision by hemorrhaging and sending by BP into my boots so when I was pregnant again I made sure to listen to my consultant and midwife but also do my own research so I could make an informed decision.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I found the bit about paramedics made me so angry - I work for the ambulance service and we are struggling. Like, have to have the army in to help restock the vehicles as we don’t have enough staff or resources to cover the area. And this bellend says “oh just do what you want, call the ambulance if needed” well let me tell you Feebs, unfortunately it’s not that simple. This “advice” could endanger women and babies as the response times are on a knife edge currently. She’s gone through life getting things exactly as she wants and duck the consequences.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I challenged the ‘high bmi so no water birth’ rule when pregnant as I was originally told it was due to health and safety and being able to be lifted out of the pool if there was a problem. But if I’d been two inches taller my BMI would have been within their guidelines but I still would have weighed the same? Plus in some trusts the range is higher than mine. So that debunked that reasoning. I was then told it was due to an increased risk of a PPH - but the consultant admitted there was no actual number on this and actually the ‘increased’ risk was still minute for me personally. We reached an agreement that both of us were happy with. When actually in labour I didn’t even end up asking for the pool as I was in too much pain. I had a wonderful birth with no real issues, and was discharged 12 hours after birth. So I totally understand advocating for people to challenge the bmi rule, but it should definitely be stated how it is down to individual circs/other risk factors etc and you should make your own informed decision after a discussion/in conjunction with your medical professional.

I was shocked when she implied that if they said they couldn’t facilitate a home birth you could stay at home anyway and a paramedic or someone would be sent!!!! Horrific advice. Paramedics aren’t midwives. At a home birth a midwife is trained at experienced at looking for indications that a hospital transfer may be required due to complications arising or about to arise - a paramedic wouldn’t be able to spot this! If they can’t facilitate a home birth then you get yourself to a birthing centre!

Reactions: 10
Each to their own and all that but a home birth is genuinely my idea of hell. I want aaaaaallllll the drugs available if I need them 😂 and medical staff on hand if anything happens to baby or me. As I said, each to their own but I couldn't imagine anything worse.

Reactions: 20
I’d like to know what the protocols are that are so dangerous for you. These medical interventions that boobin can’t help?

Reactions: 1
Here’s ya medal Mick, ya big hero for having to do bedtime by yourself 🏅 Now get back into the real world and go and stick it up your arse.

View attachment 720399
if she hadn't pissed about when they were babies then "solo bedtime" wouldn't be an issue. Does my head in that she was so smug and preachy about her co-sleeping and the it works for us bollocks so keep your nose out, yet 3 years later she's moaning that's its such hard work that they wont go to bed without her and expects sympathy for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Now it makes sense why she never had time to brush her teeth….. she’s been getting a medical degree 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s said about the pain relief that you can have any pain relief up to an epidural at a home birth? I’m confused because my trust only allows gas and air at a home birth or on the MLU. Anything above this is on consultant only. I’ve literally just read the booklet.

Reactions: 5
Skipped all the home birth stories as she’s such a preachy old tit

reading your posts I’m glad I did

• Heart
Reactions: 13
if she hadn't pissed about when they were babies then "solo bedtime" wouldn't be an issue. Does my head in that she was so smug and preachy about her co-sleeping and the it works for us bollocks so keep your nose out, yet 3 years later she's moaning that's its such hard work that they wont go to bed without her and expects sympathy for it.
This!!! Absolutely this!! Rod for your own back comes to mind!!!!!

Reactions: 8
Glad I’m not the only one who found many issues with her stories last night. Yes the advice about logistical side of home births & the pool might help someone but I’m pretty sure a lot of that has gone out the window in some areas with covid. And mentioned above no way you can have the strong drugs at home, that’s why I couldn’t even consider a home birth.

I’m genuinely pleased she had lovely non complicated births but many do not & to almost encourage people to do what they want is so dangerous. If I had decided to ignore doctors advice & “trust my body” me & my baby would be dead.

She’s so effing smug about it all. I would totally give her width birth if I met her at a mum & baby group, imagine her disgust that I formula fed, had pain relief & had a section! Oh & named my child something relatively normal.

I’m very close to unfollowing but FOMO with the all mama hacks etc!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.