Phillip Schofield #9 Latest news

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found out and sorry if this has been posted before or but the first tweet that Jimmy Savile wrote to to Philip the Yankee Doodle Dandy one This song was considered way back in the day a homophobic slur why does he say Yankee Doodle Dandy , Thanking you Mr Schofield! is that some kind of code for something? What had Philip done that he was thanking him for???
( if you Google it New York Times article is a great source about the history of the song)
On an earlier thread , Fitzfun explained Yankee Doodle Dandy as

"The first line of Saville first tweet to Schofield. Yankee Doodle Dandy. The first line is I am the kid with all the Candy..Apparently in the 1940s Candy meant hot stuff."

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Another thing, which is freaking me out, is that when I search 'PS and JS' (full names) on 'news', the only stuff that comes up, is stuff from local papers (Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail)

Anyone else believe the Super-injunction has been in place for a very long time?

Piece below on how PS appears to interrupt someone slating JS on TM. No filthy tabloids even touched this, after some looking into it. Weird.

Reactions: 5
Could be MM removing it now. This past week must’ve been absolutely horrendous for him.
Possibly not. If he IS angry with Schofield, and he DID want to see his grievances aired, then it would have been horrendous for him if it had all gone quiet and Saint Schofe had been left to heal lepers, wash his disciples' feet and generally goeth and maketh great kindness in the world.

Reactions: 6
I
Another thing, which is freaking me out, is that when I search 'PS and JS' (full names) on 'news', the only stuff that comes up, is stuff from local papers (Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail)

Anyone else believe the Super-injunction has been in place for a very long time?

Piece below on how PS appears to interrupt someone slating JS on TM. No filthy tabloids even touched this, after some looking into it. Weird.

I think hes had different injunctions for years, there were rumours circling around theatre land for years but nothing ever got in the papers. It's all about protecting the image.

Has anyone else seen the _day_and_knight account on insta? It’s a ‘comedy’ duo, MM and a pal. It really is awful. Posts from Jan-Oct 2019.

If those clips are any indication of the calibre of his acting then even with the contacts that PS has I would imagine that he would struggle to get the lad a decent on screen TV gig. Personally, he really grates on me.

The more I see of MM the more he seems desperate to ‘make it’ in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: 8
Just found out and sorry if this has been posted before or but the first tweet that Jimmy Savile wrote to to Philip the Yankee Doodle Dandy one This song was considered way back in the day a homophobic slur why does he say Yankee Doodle Dandy , Thanking you Mr Schofield! is that some kind of code for something? What had Philip done that he was thanking him for???
( if you Google it New York Times article is a great source about the history of the song)
Yes I saw that too, it's an insulting term that suggests someone is gay.

Reactions: 2
I live in Hyde where MM is from. Yesterday our 2 most local radio stations reported on HW emotional tribute to CF on Dancing on Ice. No mention at all of PS. Given the majority of media outlets immediately jumped in to praise PS for his teary show I found this strange, but may be making lots out of nothing...

Yankee Doodle Dandy was a southern Confederates song, wasn't it? So was the title phrase was belittling their northern opponents (the Yankees) as effeminate and weak compared to southern 'real men'?

Reactions: 1
Looks like the PR team have done their job Twitter is stagnant on PS.

View attachment 85546

Does this happen to anyone else? I haven't even searched for PS on Twitter before. (this is using my work social media account (oops), and I have never searched for PS on that)
Weird. PS comes top of my search too on my personal account. Haven't searched them from this acc as have an anon for random stuff 😉 Must be huge amounts of numbers linking the 2 names online 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yankee Doodle Dandy was a southern Confederates song, wasn't it? So was the title phrase was belittling their northern opponents (the Yankees) as effeminate and weak compared to southern 'real men'?
Way too much is being read into this. The point of reference for Savile's generation was the Cagney movie from the 1940s, where a successful showman sings a quite different song that refers to a race horse and its successful rider. This place is getting more dazzled by multiple meanings than Roland Barthes on acid.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Way too much is being read into this. The point of reference for Savile's generation was the Cagney movie from the 1940s, where a successful showman sings a quite different song that refers to a race horse and its successful rider. This place is getting more dazzled by multiple meanings than Roland Barthes on acid.
The other day somebody was saying it was the connection to the first line of the song ie “I’m the kid that’s all the candy” meaning it’s similar to the Pied Piper of London town that attracts the youngsters. I’m not sure.
off tangent the Cagney movie for which he won his Oscar is fantastic and not many people know Jimmy could sing and dance very well indeed, “you dirty rat”.

Reactions: 2
Someone's going to play 'Strawberry Fields Forever' backwards in a minute: 'I swear I can hear them say "Saaaaaviiillle Schooofieeeeld"'! I think it's because the news has slowed down. It's encouraged a bit of hyper-analysis.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It seems to have gone quiet I was chatting to one guy last night and his Twitter account was full of the allegations, whilst we were chatting the whole account disappeared. The main thing he was doing was asking Leslie Garrett if she was a patron of the Theatre company. He was shut down. We need something new folks

When I was a child, my best friend's family called ITV 'the other side' and very rarely watched it (if ever), the BBC was all they watched. At my house it was for Corrie and Saturday morning once they started kids TV, but that was it. I'm not sure its image has ever been anything other than dumbed down entertainment.

Didn't MM have other Twitter accounts though? That first message from PS says 'welcome back'.
I've checked his older twitter account and Matthew was tweeting to Phil a lot, nagging him to follow, commenting on his posts and posting to him, but there were no posts back at all from Phil (Phil did follow him though).

It was almost as if he knew Matthew was a huge fan, and waited until he turned 18 until he pursued him, that's the way it looks.

Also all of these snapchat boys he was posting to, they all look around 18 to 20ish I'd say.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.