Phillip Schofield #6 and his Amazing Technicolour Super Injunction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its been an interesting few days speculating and watching PS squirm but how appalling were his advisers to write that complete nonsense Holly spewed last Friday. Its been apparent for years that her presenting skills were pretty shoddy but her acting skills were worse! She must have needed a good shot of happy dust to get through it and she was grinning like a loon, How Ruth and A managed to keep straight faces throughout is worthy of an OSCAR. Would it not have been better to tell everyone that 27 years ago a gay man had no chance of marrying his partner and having children and that he had been lucky enough to meet someone who he loved dearly as a friend and was willing to marry him and give him the opportunity to have a stable and nurturing home to bring up two fab children. He should have said that his colleagues and friends and family were all aware of his sexuality and that the girls had been told when they reached an age they could understand and, as such, he had felt no need to broadcast his personal business to the nation. Unfortunately, knowing a newspaper was about to 'out' him, he would prefer to tell his loyal viewers himself and spoil their fun!
Instead we were subjected to a truly nausea inducing, cringworthy and melodramatic tableau of self indulgent twaddle from a man who's ego is significantly larger than Uranus. Hijacking a rather mediocre morning TV show to tell us all about his bravery was a shocking waste of everyone's time. The ensuing silence and apparent cover up of some other unsavoury issues has left a young man, whether he was, groomed, mentored or just helped into the industry to serve the ego of the great PS being lampooned, pitied and hounded in equal measures. Whoever is in charge of the PR for this egotistical idiot needs firing ASAP. Whatever they are trying to cover up can't be worse than most of the speculation on this thread ... even if he'd stolen Shergar the racehorse and shagged him! He's not brave or courageous he's a coward and a creep.
Wish you were a journalist, as I don't know where they get the people who write in newspapers, but you relate how I feel more than they do.
Nowadays journalism seems to be more about trying to dumb down society and telling us how to think, than relating to how most readers think.

Reactions: 5
His coming out as done a great disservice to the gay community. It is perpetuating unfair myths about gay men. It was done as the least worse option for him.

He always wanted to be a presenter/on tv. He used to pretend to be one when he was young. I think he was told that if he wanted to be a mainstream tv presenter, particularly on children’s tv, he would need to get married. At that time it would have been deemed unacceptable to be a gay man, which seems shocking and plain wrong now. There were of course gay men on tv at that time, but they had this overt camp image like Grayson and Inman. If a gay guy didn’t want to be a gay caricature, he would have been forced (if he wanted to have the career he had long dreamt of) to conform. And how better to conform than taking a wife. He has admitted that he knew he was gay when he married. He said he had wrestled with this for many years. We know that’s not true, why else would the showbiz world know he was gay?

He has left others in the gay community to fight the good fight, whilst he stayed on the down low. So he isnt brave, he was self serving, and a bit of a narcissistic twit to come out in that way on Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I hope it doesnt seem like Im saying its OK.

I was until these revelations a fan of PS.
I also had a teacher at school openly fancy me and try out the grooming techniques. I dont condone it. I did complain and it made me an outcast with the head of my school.

BUT I do think its like its a Witch Hunt too. Not from The Public prespective but the media. Saying nothing is doing no one favours.

For sure without any noise from TM the gossips in freefall and it is becoming ugly to read.
So why is TM or ITV not at least TRYING to defend him. They havent made even a mini statement about the rumours.

It can have a damaging affect to him and ok if he is guilty fine thats his consquences. BUT he had a wife and daughters. If we are shocked what exactly are they feeling. Probably very vunerable and theyre mental health is likely at crisis point.
Thats unfair on them. This would surely be a shock to all of them. His wife and 2 kids wouldnt surely have known all this? 😞
I’m sorry this happened to you. I had some deeply unwelcome and inappropriate contact with PE teacher in secondary school aged 14/15. It was not particularly traumatic, I found it very weird and I felt uncomfortable. It did not go ‘too’ far but it was twice weekly for more than a year. It was kind of known and other teenagers and my peers used to take the piss. They’d muck about and ask if I’d been busy warming Sir up for example. Like you, I ended up ostracised when I tried to get help. Was told I encouraged the attention and was complicit by not vocally stopping him. I blamed for being tall for my age and physically mature. My parents used to tell me to stop being dramatic🤷🏻‍♀️ Now when I talk to my own children about what happened they are incredulous that no one in authority including my parents expressed any concern or made any complaint.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Im sur
I always guessed Holly was only on the show so long because her husband is a TV producer. I find her quite boring though. I know she looks nice, but that's about all she gives to it. I actually think Phil is a better presenter and often feels as if him and Holly are desperately trying to recreate the chemistry he had with Fern when they would giggle. So would be sad if Phil goes and Holly stays.
Although I've always preferred the other presenters such as Ruth and Eamonn, as they remind me of Richard and Judy, who also had experience of journalism. They seem more professional.
Phil picked Holly. I think I rememeber reading that once. But Holly met her man on a kids tv show she presented. Fern and Phil had better friendship chemistry with naughty banter. Phil and Holly are more like a family chemistry. Tame banter.
Id love Fern back.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Im sur

Phil picked Holly. I think I rememeber reading that once. But Holly met her man on a kids tv show she presented. Fern and Phil had better friendship chemistry with naughty banter. Phil and Holly are more like a family chemistry. Tame banter.
Id love Fern back.
I know it's been put on here before...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
His coming out as done a great disservice to the gay community. It is perpetuating unfair myths about gay men. It was done as the least worse option for him.

He always wanted to be a presenter/on tv. He used to pretend to be one when he was young. I think he was told that if he wanted to be a mainstream tv presenter, particularly on children’s tv, he would need to get married. At that time it would have been deemed unacceptable to be a gay man, which seems shocking and plain wrong now. There were of course gay men on tv at that time, but they had this overt camp image like Grayson and Inman. If a gay guy didn’t want to be a gay caricature, he would have been forced (if he wanted to have the career he had long dreamt of) to conform. And how better to conform than taking a wife. He has admitted that he knew he was gay when he married. He said he had wrestled with this for many years. We know that’s not true, why else would the showbiz world know he was gay?

He has left others in the gay community to fight the good fight, whilst he stayed on the down low. So he isnt brave, he was self serving, and a bit of a narcissistic twit to come out in that way on Friday.
100% he's a bleeping insidious coward
Here's an article I posted the link to many threads ago

I’m sorry this happened to you. I had some deeply unwelcome and inappropriate contact with PE teacher in secondary school aged 14/15. It was not particularly traumatic, I found it very weird and I felt uncomfortable. It did not go ‘too’ far but it was twice weekly for more than a year. It was kind of known and other teenagers and my peers used to take the piss. They’d muck about and ask if I’d been busy warming Sir up for example. Like you, I ended up ostracised when I tried to get help. Was told I encouraged the attention and was complicit by not vocally stopping him. I blamed for being tall for my age and physically mature. My parents used to tell me to stop being dramatic🤷🏻‍♀️ Now when I talk to my own children about what happened they are incredulous that no one in authority including my parents expressed any concern or made any complaint.
I had a teacher groom and try to touch me inappropriately at school too. When I told my mum, she didn’t believe me and said it wasn’t possible. Never ever forgiven her.

I then was groomed at 15 in my Saturday job. The dirty bastard waited until I was 16 to take advantage. He was a middle aged manager and a pastor in his community.

Sending you lots of love by the way. We fight much better for this generation than anyone ever did for us.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I know it's been put on here before...

I enjoyed that clip. They seemed good mates, and the banter seemed natural and that they genuinely enjoyed each other. When did he become a tosser?!

truth time, my first crush was PS back in the broom cupboard days😳🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Wish you were a journalist, as I don't know where they get the people who write in newspapers, but you relate how I feel more than they do.
Nowadays journalism seems to be more about trying to dumb down society and telling us how to think, than relating to how most readers think.
Many thanks SLawson98 Unfortunately I suppose when you're paying someone £30,000 you expect them to produce more than the bare truth hence the melodramatic pros and hand wringing! He could have had my input for a £5.00 and saved us all a sick bucket!

Reactions: 6
Many thanks SLawson98 Unfortunately I suppose when you're paying someone £30,000 you expect them to produce more than the bare truth hence the melodramatic pros and hand wringing! He could have had my input for a £5.00 and saved us all a sick bucket!
Bless you you sound very kind

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Dailymail gave a cheeky reference to MM in this article
Schofield would support men struggling to cope with their sexuality, including one runner who he ended up mentoring.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...STOPPED-Dancing-Ice-rehearsals-sexuality.html
This 'mentoring' nonsense is so obviously a massive hint, just think about how illogical it is. PS was known to the general public as a happily married family man for 27 years, but we are supposed to believe he just outed himself to the most menial of staff (runners) in order to 'help them with their sexuality'?

Doesn't this again contradict his subsequent interview where he said he was struggling with his sexuality to the point of feeling suicidal???

Surely you only comfortable giving advice or 'mentoring' younger LGBT people if you are out and proud yourself, otherwise you are just being a hypocrite. As a lesbian myself I wouldn't be seeking the advice of someone who was in a closeted relationship for 27 years, it's ridiculous to think we should believe that.

I think we all know what mentoring is a euphemism for.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I enjoyed that clip. They seemed good mates, and the banter seemed natural and that they genuinely enjoyed each other. When did he become a tosser?!

Not to me I did watch him but he gave off a sexless vibe but Gordon he was fantastically charismatic!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

It's the euphemism! So she must have know, and the production crew laughed. She left TM in 2009, so thats at least 11 years old.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.