Phillip Schofield #3 Dancing on thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don’t understand the Carol McGiffen angle. She is part of Loose Women as a panellist, so she would probably know MM, but possibly not in an in-depth way. I think she lives abroad is away on holiday a lot, and has only been back on the show a year or so, but hasn’t been on it loads since she came back. Think Carol is a red herring and has no involvement.

Reactions: 4
“Oh what a tangled web we weave,
when first we practise to deceive”.

Reactions: 19
From a source of mine...

"Established between him and wife for many years that Friday night was gay night and he’d stay at his London flat - runner story is true as well. All covered up for sake of the show and his rep"
Blimey, flat in Southwark by chance?

Reactions: 16
I still don’t understand the Carol McGiffen angle. She is part of Loose Women as a panellist, so she would probably know MM, but possibly not in an in-depth way. I think she lives abroad is away on holiday a lot, and has only been back on the show a year or so, but hasn’t been on it loads since she came back. Think Carol is a red herring and has no involvement.
I think I’ve missed something - what’s going on with Carol?

Reactions: 7
the only part i'm not clear about is why carole mcgiffin would help to leak it if deleted post on digitalspy is true, does she have beef with ps? is she friends with the current loose women crew? its all v weard :alien:
Nobody has been able, so far, so state how Carole McGiffin comes into the middle of this. She probably doesn't.

• Haha
  • Sad
From a source of mine...

"Established between him and wife for many years that Friday night was gay night and he’d stay at his London flat - runner story is true as well. All covered up for sake of the show and his rep"
any other info your source passes on would be gratefully received.

• Wow
Welcome to all the people migrating from Digital Spy 👋🏼

ShowbizGosQueen here (but banned years ago following several rule breaks - libellous comments and disruptive behaviour 🙄😂)

Probably why I like it here so much 😁
Its at the stage over there now even mention him doesnt matter what and the thread is closed
there's only one other topic that gets that treatment, Its all very strange

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This was supposed to be a reply to a post on the previous thread but it was deleted.
I have to say I get a bit frustrated when I see straight people make flippant comments like 'why do you need to tell everyone your sexuality, I don't have to come out as straight' etc.
As a woman who loves women, I can't tell you how important it is to see lesbian/gay/bisexual role models in all aspects of society including media/TV/film/sports etc. Growing up,many of us felt like outsiders who didn't fit in with the rest of society and so seeing someone being open about their sexuality on TV etc makes you feel seen. Representation matters and helps
people understand themselves, feel more secure and welcomed, and gives us the security of knowing we are not alone. In addition, the more representation there is the more it normalises and increases acceptance of LGBT throughout society.
Having role models also shows to us that being gay/lesbian/bi doesn't stop us progressing in our chosen careers, as the saying goes 'if you can't see it, you can't be it', something that straight people never have to worry about.
That's not to say that people have to publically announce their sexuality, in fact most younger people these days, like Cara Delevingne and Kristen Stewart for example, don't make big announcements but instead are just open about dating women, taking them to events and talk about their girlfriends in interviews just like straight people have been privileged to be able to do since forever. Why should we have to hide a big part of who they are just in case some homophobe is offended?
Obviously people should do what they personally feel comfortable with, but I did think the PS thing was strange from the start, why make a big announcement now when he could have divorced his wife quietly to keep her and the family out of the spotlight and then publically moved on with a new 'boyfriend' in a few months. It definitely felt like his hand was forced which is why the whole reasoning of making it public to help other people come out seemed rather insincere and disengenous.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 89
Isn't there that apocryphal story involving Carol McGiffin, Schofield and a can of Whiskers?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think journos are reading any of this forum in the hope they can get an exclusive story?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Let's be clear, he would have NEVER come out if it wasn't for the backstory
The interview was a insult to the LGBTQI community

Reactions: 28

Philip Schofield, who has more than 4m Twitter followers, dropped the video into Matthew's Snapchat inbox after sending a warning message.

"He said to me that he would do it on this day but he was busy, so he messaged me at 4am saying 'are you around?'. And I said yes.

"He said 'I hope you save this vid of me.'

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.