Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I think TM are taking everyone for mugs. They need to put P on gardening leave if they can't outrightly sack him. He doesn't deserve airtime. Get other presenters in.

Reactions: 50

Ferret

Chatty Member
FFS. Now he’s got me agreeing with Katie Hopkins. What has my life come to 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I’m intrigued by the Martin Frizzell, Madeline McCann connection. I distinctly remember that at the time, GMTV and Fiona etc were very much on the side of the Mccanns - and woe betide anyone who might point out that apparently fucking off and leaving 3 children under 4 alone in a hotel room might be neglect, at the very fucking least. Critics were called all sorts of names - and even threatened with legal action by the Mccanns for speculating or criticising them online?! All their strangely, shadowy, powerful friends and the funding they received whilst being totally above reproach was unprecedented, and we’ve never seen anything like it since.

There seemed to be a real vested interest by some people in the Media and political establishment to really push that crime as an abduction, - and to present the parents as completely blameless and only deserving of sympathy.
But why? I mean, there have been many many rumours about swinging, paedophile rings, and how strangely well connected certain members of the ‘tapas 9’ were, some even above even being questioned by police it seems? The fact it took place in Portugal is another interesting coincidence……..hmmmmm.

• Wow
  • Heart

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
This feud is destroying TM. TM was built with hard graft by Richard and Judy, and it was broadcast from the North and about real situations with real people and it felt like a voice for everyone up and down the country. It was as much a democratic space as any you would find elsewhere on TV. And it wasn't shy about broaching really controversial topics and setting the agenda. And of course there were a lot of laughs, too.

And now look at it. Bigger than the careers of Holly and Phil is the show itself, which people have invested so much in over many years. I can't help thinking the real victims in all this has been the likes of R&J, who put their heart and soul into making TM the brand it became and must be watching with horror at the fakery.

How can people trust the show again? One of the biggest stories right now is about the presenters, and they are acting like they are in a bubble. TM was never about being a bubble and always went head on into the stories of the day.

That reputation has been tanking for a long time. Today, we have robots presenting the show who don't represent the ordinary viewer. They are just two millionaires savings their careers.

So much for a show that was about and for ordinary people.
Brilliant post. TM was groundbreaking back then, I used to watch it everyday. If you compare todays show to the R&J years it’s been totally dumbed down, it’s cheap and nasty now.

Eamon and Ruth were brilliant, Fern was fantastic, it’s Schofield who’s ruined the show with his God complex. He’s so narcissistic he doesn’t want the show to go on without him. His ego is out of control. I wonder what did it?

• Heart

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
Where the bloody hell did Gino come from all of a sudden anyway? How did he get work on This Morning and then presenting gigs? The guy is a chef, yet seems to have been given a bunch of opportunities.
And can we just acknowledge he has RUINED Family Fortunes!

• Haha
Reactions: 48

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
ITV can't keep up this facade. They can ignore it all they want, but its splashed across the front pages and all over social media. People will have tuned in today to be nosey and see how Philth and Holly came across, but who is seriously going to watch tomorrow? and the day after that? It will be so long before they have to "read the room" and actually deal with this man. I mentioned in the previous thread, I know absolutely no one who has anything favourable to say about him. He's a manipulative narcissist who has had many play along to his tune for far too long - time's up Phil - no one likes you!

• Heart

allaboutthegossip

Interesting how ITV protect their men: Schofe, Ant McPartlin, the women not so much. I always felt they threw Fern Britton under the bus because they didn’t want equal pay for her.

• Sad

pollypocket77

Chatty Member
I know some people think Holly is a victim as well, coercive control by Phil lording it around the studio… but remember when he “officially” came out on TM. She was practically crying herself I’m sure. Rubbing his leg, full of praise calling him her dear dear brave friend… and I know people can be bullied/brainwashed but I don’t know something doesn’t sit right with me. I really think she was in cahoots with him till the shit hit the fan, and now she is trying to look like a downtrodden victim. I know people will disagree, but that’s what I see

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
I'm glad I'm at work and couldn't watch because I am sick of the sight of them. He's digging his heels in - no surprise there. I bet he was a smug little git throughout the entire show. As for her - I'd hoped she'd have a bit of self respect, grow a backbone and assert herself but she's just as bad as him now imho. Happy to stand beside a nonce and act like all is fine with the world. How can she? They are a pair of shameless cunts. God help anyone who watches this and admires these two muppets and shame on ITV for not addressing this properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
I find myself watching Lorraine. Why is she still presenting. Awful woman. And Andi Peters doing the holiday giveaway spot.

We've had the same presenter for YEARS haven't we? Time for a broad brush change all round!

I'm just waiting for the handover to TM, I'll report on any awkwardness .....

EDIT: I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach Lorraine for 20 more minutes 🤮 🤮 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 47

AllieBee

VIP Member
CF beat the living shit out of her boyfriend. That wasn't DW's fault.
Exactly. I thought she committed suicide because she was being taken to court for domestic abuse or something like that. I don't see how its DW fault, he is a journalist and there to report stories like that?

• Heart
Reactions: 46

ElaineDublin

Chatty Member
CF beat the living shit out of her boyfriend. That wasn't DW's fault.
I always hated her being the face of “Be Kind”. Being a celeb doesn’t mean you’re above reproach. If it was a man he too (& rightly so) would have been hounded. Domestic abuse isn’t something to be forgotten about just because she took her own life.

• Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
We all thought the shingles was bs.

Despite contract, shouldn't someone be free to leave a toxic work environment
She earns £730,000 a year. Which is very good money for a talentless ageing Barbie doll in a youth worshipping field like shite daytime TV. For that pay cheque she is willing to sit beside a kiddie fiddler.
Because she, like the entire industry, is a moral black hole.

• Heart

maharini

I’ve noticed that a lot of the boomer generation will try to defend the behaviour of creepy and predatory men. They loved getting their bottoms in pinched in 1972 and us millennials and gen z’s are just a bunch of snowflakes for daring to say actually it’s not acceptable to touch someone up without their permission🙄
In the minority, people my age who think like that. It was the ‘boomers’ who fought for fair pay, equality of opportunity in employment, and brought feminism to the fore. Colleagues my age are as anti creepy male behaviour as any younger woman. Let’s not allow the pervs to divide and rule.

• Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
This feud is destroying TM. TM was built with hard graft by Richard and Judy, and it was broadcast from the North and about real situations with real people and it felt like a voice for everyone up and down the country. It was as much a democratic space as any you would find elsewhere on TV. And it wasn't shy about broaching really controversial topics and setting the agenda. And of course there were a lot of laughs, too.

And now look at it. Bigger than the careers of Holly and Phil is the show itself, which people have invested so much in over many years. I can't help thinking the real victims in all this has been the likes of R&J, who put their heart and soul into making TM the brand it became and must be watching with horror at the fakery.

How can people trust the show again? One of the biggest stories right now is about the presenters, and they are acting like they are in a bubble. TM was never about being a bubble and always went head on into the stories of the day.

That reputation has been tanking for a long time. Today, we have robots presenting the show who don't represent the ordinary viewer. They are just two millionaires savings their careers.

So much for a show that was about and for ordinary people.
Fantastic post. This just shows that it’s not only the TM presenters that need to fuck off but it’s the producers as well. Their vision for the show is completely wrong.

If I was a producer on This Morning, first thing I’d do (asides from getting rid of Schofe, Willoughby and the cohort of other z-listers) would be to do away with them IKEA showroom sets. They may be aesthetically-pleasing but no one’s house looks like that first thing in a morning (asides from Holly’s ivory tower in Barnes of course 😆) and isn’t this show supposed to represent Britain? I’d move the show back up North as well, or at least somewhere a little more grounded than the streets of White City with a Michelin Star restaurant across from the studios

Secondly, get some real and relatable presenters in. Not the smorgasbord of plastic and wood that present the show as of present. For all of her faults, the reason why Alison Hammond has grown so popular amongst younger demographics in recent years is because she puts on a persona where she tries to be this unfiltered, clumsy character. People want relatability and light-entertainment on during the morning, not the latest poster girl for M&S or their creepy geriatric uncle who’s more profilic for his offscreen antics than his onscreen persona. That’s why Eamonn and Ruth and Richard and Judy were utter triumphs. Both married couples who relentless bickered onscreen, which probably better mirrored what their viewers were doing at home, rather than just reading from an autocue, always with one eye on their watch.

And rather than hosting these dreadful competitions which are probably responsible for creating an epidemic of elderly gamblers, start just walking down random streets and offering people lump sums of money, rather than paying for and sending the awful Andi Peters half way across the world to St. Lucia to plug his competition in a two minute video segment. It’s utter lunacy.

Also, start having a wider variety of guests on the show to give their opinions on the headlines, as opposed to rotating between a couple of LBC presenters. I want to hear the opinions of Natalie Cassidy, Kerry Katona, hey even some old bird dragged from outside the studio who’s just done her weekly shop at Lidl on current affairs. Fucking that old bastard Gyles Brandeth off would be at the top of my agenda.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Radiorebel

I didn’t want to post this until my source was sure, yes the Shingles was complete BS hoping Holly would cool down & the “crisis talks” were essentially Holly being told that they will sort it out in good time and she would be in breach of contract and in bad standing with ITV if she didn’t show up to work.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45