Phillip Schofield #25 I can see in your eyes and smile and like your brother, the end is nigh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like Philth will indeed be replaced on Dancing on Ice, by Stephen Mulhern, who was first approached about it last year. I hope this isn't another false dawn after us all thinking there was no way Philth would present This Morning tomorrow. Although re tomorrow let's see what happens - I'd still be surprised if they both turned up. Holly may have been promised he'll be done after the summer break if she could just hold on till then. Maybe they just don't want to have to pay him off and also have to pay another presenter to take his place, until his contract is out. If it's just about money I think it'll turn out more expensive for them keeping him on air than getting rid now.

Reactions: 21
I checked the Daily Mail first thing this morning and nothing earth shattering. Ok so there’s been an avalanche of articles recently but how much status do they hold?

The bit I read which struck me as true was Holly trying to distance herself from Phil. The thing is it’s easier to see someone else’s behaviour rather than your own. She is culpable for going along with the whole coming out charade and knowing what Phil gets up to in private. She can’t just run off and put her hands in the air declaring she’s didn’t know a thing.

I will probably turn on the beginning of This Morning tomorrow just to see what they say.

1. they can ignore it
2. They will say they’re best of friends don’t believe what press say
3. They will start with a cookery spot, spotted dick with homemade custard and whilst cracking an egg Phil will go into a trance and declare Mary loves Dick.
4. Gordon the Gopher will be mystery interview and ask questions of Phil about his time in the closet I mean broom cupboard

Correct answers win a weeks worth of wet wipes already used

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Wonder that John Leslie thinks about all this???

Phil has forgotten that he's built his career on someone else misfortune.

I never liked JL but what happened was defo harsh.
I was wondering about him as well today and just thinking how ironic it is that ITV replaced him with PS.

Crazy what a scandal that all was at the time and here comes Phil upping the game!

Reactions: 14
Oh god I haven’t watched TM in years I now have to source it because this much of a popcorn opportunity cannot be passed up. If I was back home I’d be having a watch along….

Seriously, even though HW comes across as deeply disingenuous and someone who would sit on a spike in the studio rather than miss out on the spotlight I do think Philf, through his silence, put her kids in danger …. That’s not something anyone would easily overlook. If this is the case and I was her husband I’d be raging.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe we have to accept that nothing will change. It’s hard as we have all been so invested but unless there are criminal proceedings then I doubt anything will happen. I even believe that his contract will be renewed in September because he could still bring itv down then (if he could now then he could anytime) Little Miss Holly didn’t say anything Re his statement and won’t anytime soon as he has her by the short and curlies too.

A very sad state of affairs and a very sad time seeing as we were led to believe times had changed.

Do I want to see PS go like CF? Of course I don’t and if we are all wrong and he’s perfectly innocent I’d apologise but I just don’t think we are and he is still riding the waves of knowing so much.

We also have to remember that PS was flying high all through the days of Max Clifford, JS, RH and all the other vile people so it’s hard to change ways for some. We shall see but I bet it’s as toxic as hell in there tomorrow.

Poor EH, RL, as for DW he will be spitting feathers.

Reactions: 13
One thing is for sure there will not be any Spin to Win or phone in’s scheduled for tomorrow.
They won’t take the risk of a Five Star type incident (showing my age there but if you know you know)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
And what’s with the daily fail stopping comments today when they allowed them yesterday? Something has gone down and I suspect PS is suing certain people now and he can because he’s probably protected.

Reactions: 16
It’s mad when you realise how quickly it’s all come crumbling down for Phil! I’ve been dipping in and out of this thread for years but never thought I’d see the day where it would actually unravel for him. He seemed to have such protection for so long

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I would genuinely feel physically ill at the thought of presenting with Philth tomorrow if I were in Holly's position. Now stress tends to make me physically ill as I'm neurodivergent so maybe I'm projecting onto her, but I think anyone would feel extremely stressed at that. I don't like her but I don't think ITV are honouring "duty of care" here. This a person (Philth) who has ruled the roost, bullied people, and that's before we even get into the MM situation or the brother. He's made a statement trying to manipulate the situation, then allegedly phoned her about it (harassment?). If this were an office the person would be getting a GP to write them off with illness due to stress. Yes I know she aided and abetted him for years and so isn't much better. But just pointing out the way ITV seemingly are failing yet again in looking out for the wellbeing of people who appear in their programmes.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I would genuinely feel physically ill at the thought of presenting with Philth tomorrow if I were in Holly's position. Now stress tends to make me physically ill as I'm neurodivergent so maybe I'm projecting onto her, but I think anyone would feel extremely stressed at that. I don't like her but I don't think ITV are honouring "duty of care" here. This a person (Philth) who has ruled the roost, bullied people, and that's before we even get into the MM situation or the brother. He's made a statement trying to manipulate the situation, then allegedly phoned her about it (harassment?). If this were an office the person would be getting a GP to write them off with illness due to stress. Yes I know she aided and abetted him for years and so isn't much better. But just pointing out the way ITV seemingly are failing yet again in looking out for the wellbeing of people who appear in their programmes.
Itv couldn't give a toss so long as the advertising sponsorship is there

Reactions: 14
I think Philth and his representatives have dug their heels in and ITV Daytime don't know what to do. It's patently absurd to have them both presenting tomorrow. And as far as I am concerned anyone who appears on the show with them is complicit in any cover-up. Matthew 'creepy' Wright being top of the list.

Reactions: 29
Itv couldn't give a toss so long as the advertising sponsorship is there
You're right sadly. And they know people will tune in just to watch them both squirm. Unfortunately the viewing figures for tomorrow will probably be the highest in ages.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I think all weekend it’s been like a game of cat and mouse between them. Both raging with each other and both wanting the other to quit or not turn up to TM tomorrow morning. They’re at loggerheads now because neither is budging.

Reactions: 23
But is it unravelling though? He’s there tomorrow and I’d say most of their viewers won’t understand what’s happened. I just don’t know anymore?
It’s mad when you realise how quickly it’s all come crumbling down for Phil! I’ve been dipping in and out of this thread for years but never thought I’d see the day where it would actually unravel for him. He seemed to have such protection for so long

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.