Phillip Schofield #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think an injunction is wrong if it covers up grooming.
Someone's reputation or value to their employer should take second place to a child being groomed - even if the child was a "precocious" one who wanted a TV career.

The secrecy makes our imaginations run riot and its quite possible what is being covered up isn't what we imagine it to be - and it makes you wonder if, sometimes it would be better in the long run to just let the Truth come out, see what the public reaction is and then try your damage limitation.

They do say "the truth will out" - so here we are waiting.
couldn't agree more lol

Reactions: 2
I can't believe that anything illegal would be covered up (by work colleagues) but I can believe that something that would lose them viewers and advertisers would be covered up - such as a 50 something year old man dating a teenager or at least a very young person.

Reactions: 5
I have always said,never think that Holly is some doe eyed lamb who will flee if and when he does...I know shes not as wholesome as her "act" but working with someone like that has to be draining,since he came out she has really seemed like someone with an added spring in her step,I bet shes dying for him to be gone secretly....
As in Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer!

Yip I totally agree with you or could it possibly be the advertising sponsorship pulled out? Who usually sponsors the how to spend it well series? (it’s not a programme I watch so I wouldnt know)
I've worked in commercial TV sales, campaign planning and scheduling. Never heard of a programme ever being pulled because a sponsor pulled out. Sponsorship is bonus cash for broadcasters. If you pulled your sponsorship you would incur a financial penalty, which would be very large, possibly 100%, that close to transmission. Reason being is the closer it is to transmission, the less time you've left the broadcaster to sell the sponsorship to anyone else because of the time required to do a deal, brief creative, get creative made and delivered ready for transmission.
From the broadcaster point of view, they would just absorb the sponsorship time back into normal airtime and fill with paid spots or internal promos. There would be no need to pull a series.

Reactions: 8
I've worked in commercial TV sales, campaign planning and scheduling. Never heard of a programme ever being pulled because a sponsor pulled out. Sponsorship is bonus cash for broadcasters. If you pulled your sponsorship you would incur a financial penalty, which would be very large, possibly 100%, that close to transmission. Reason being is the closer it is to transmission, the less time you've left the broadcaster to sell the sponsorship to anyone else because of the time required to do a deal, brief creative, get creative made and delivered ready for transmission.
From the broadcaster point of view, they would just absorb the sponsorship time back into normal airtime and fill with paid spots or internal promos. There would be no need to pull a series.
Thank you for explaining,

Reactions: 4

i didn’t see this story yesterday but how can Phil ask those questions in his situation?
I like to look at it in another way and read between the lines!
as in...PS fury = the general public are furious with regards to what’s possibly going on re grooming etc
We’re not stupid = the public not stupid we can suss that there is a cover up etc

Reactions: 10
Just found this. Proof that PS is sly, very sly.
Nadia that was originally on Celebs Go Dating was sacked for using secret Twitter accounts to insult her colleague Eden wasn’t she? I appreciate she was trolling, and Smug McSmugface used them for spying, but yet again he’s not pulled up on this weird behaviour and she’s sacked (she was on E4 rather than ITV though)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have always said,never think that Holly is some doe eyed lamb who will flee if and when he does...I know shes not as wholesome as her "act" but working with someone like that has to be draining,since he came out she has really seemed like someone with an added spring in her step,I bet shes dying for him to be gone secretly....
I think a lot of the staff and crew on TM are a bit scared of him, I remember him interviewing a religious couple who believe homosexuality was a sin etc. It was on in the background and I only homed in on the interview because of his tone, it was very angry and scathing. This was before his coming out. I actually sat open mouth listening to the venom pouring out of him at this couple. Regardless of the subject he really should have been more impartial, he wasn’t at all professional. I’m pretty certain some of the crew must be reading Tattle and cheering, they’ve probably been under the cosh by smug on many occasions. He tells anyone who will listen how great he gets on with HW, the sister he never had etc as he knows full well she is vastly more popular than he is. He wants to be seen as this impossible to replace double act and that she will leave if he is pushed. I doubt that very much.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just watching the Rylan interview from Monday’s show. Phil seemed to have that awkward I don’t like you face on when he was speaking to Rylan. In fact the very same face he had when he was forced to talk to Fern during the anniversary episode. Rylan and him clearly don’t like each other.

Reactions: 14
Regarding the people at This Morning covering up.........

I think they have to be very careful about what they say.
It's easy for us to say they are covering up - but suspecting something is very different from having proof of something, so they can't accuse someone of something serious like grooming without any proof.

The smart move would be to be patient and gather evidence.

Reactions: 12
Just seen these on mattylopezmusic twitter...

These are very interesting indeed. Good luck Matty Lopez Music.
Twitter is quite the place, isn't it????

And that 'Steeple Times' is also interesting.
Wonder who is behind that and if they are outside the UK?

I need to look at Twitter.

Omg, is anyone watching Gogglebox. Pip's getting a right battering..
bugger - havent got the telly on.
Need to watch on plus 1

Reactions: 4
Omg, is anyone watching Gogglebox. Pip's getting a right battering..
Yes! Plus omg he looks dreadful. Haven't seen him for weeks and his face looks so old and strange.
Also - that dance he and Holly do with Spin the Wheel. Cringe.

Interesting comments on Gogglebox..! About him, Holly and the show 😳
Their popularity has gone right down

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.