Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Odd. He still made me laugh during his radio interview. Maybe we've changed, we're bound to have, for pure nostalgia you'd think he'd still hit hard though. Wonder what demographic the audience is.

Reactions: 1
I saw a clip on TikTok of some bloke playing a guitar flying around the arena singing the Neighbours theme tune. If that’s meant to be funny I think I’ll give the tour a miss!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
After years of wanting to see him live (had tickets to the last tour that was cancelled) I finally got to see him last night. I was SO excited but I just dont think hes as good as he was, and believe me, that is hard for me to say after been a fan for years.

Hes lost so much weight, it didn't even look like him. He was forgetting what he was saying at points and just seemed really off. I saw Michael McIntyres work in progress the previous evening and even that seemed more put together than Peters tour. There was just no flow to it, and his deliverance of the jokes and his stage presence just wasn't as it used to be 😞

The second part after the interval was better than the first and the ending was bonkers really, but just wasn't what I was expecting.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
After years of wanting to see him live (had tickets to the last tour that was cancelled) I finally got to see him last night. I was SO excited but I just dont think hes as good as he was, and believe me, that is hard for me to say after been a fan for years.

Hes lost so much weight, it didn't even look like him. He was forgetting what he was saying at points and just seemed really off. I saw Michael McIntyres work in progress the previous evening and even that seemed more put together than Peters tour. There was just no flow to it, and his deliverance of the jokes and his stage presence just wasn't as it used to be 😞

The second part after the interval was better than the first and the ending was bonkers really, but just wasn't what I was expecting.
Can you give us more details? Under a spoiler if you have to

Can you give us more details? Under a spoiler if you have to
I dont know how to do the spoiler, and dont want to ruin it for anyone thats going 😂 Gym&Tonic further up the page says some of what happened at the end.

It was basically all a bit samey and dated and the exact same format (even some of the same jokes) as previous tours, with a crazy, musical ending.

I don't regret going, and hope I haven't put people off as its just my opinion. Looking on twitter loads of people seemed to love it 🤷

Reactions: 8
I dont know how to do the spoiler, and dont want to ruin it for anyone thats going 😂 Gym&Tonic further up the page says some of what happened at the end.

It was basically all a bit samey and dated and the exact same format (even some of the same jokes) as previous tours, with a crazy, musical ending.

I don't regret going, and hope I haven't put people off as its just my opinion. Looking on twitter loads of people seemed to love it 🤷
I found that with his last tour to be honest. I'll admit I still laughed and bought the DVD but it wasn't as laugh-out-loud as previous tours. The BTS DVD was better as we got adlibs and other stuff. The ending of this tour seems kinda like the last where he used a shovel as a guitar and cosplayed as Queen. He's been around long enough now that if people go expecting stuff that's fresh and topical then they are gonna be in for a letdown as he has never really gone there apart from a few bits and bobs over the years. He knows his bread and butter is stuff from the past and he is gonna stick with it as it clearly still works for him judging by how quickly the tickets were sold out.

Reactions: 7
I saw him last night and thought he was very funny, however I didn’t care for the tv themes ending I didn’t find that funny at all, I wish he’d used that time for more stand up

Reactions: 4
Without ruining the tour for anyone can someone tell me if the person playing the shovel is really who we think it is? I’ve been told it’s a hologram. I saw him last night & personally thought he was amazing.

Reactions: 3
Without ruining the tour for anyone can someone tell me if the person playing the shovel is really who we think it is? I’ve been told it’s a hologram. I saw him last night & personally thought he was amazing.
I thought he was just on the screen, can’t see him touring with Peter for a quick appearance, my other half however is convinced he was there in the flesh 😂

I thought he was just on the screen, can’t see him touring with Peter for a quick appearance, my other half however is convinced he was there in the flesh 😂
I could definitely see someone actually stood there but it could be a hologram?!

I thought it was a hologram. Can't see them turning up every night for the next few years.

Reactions: 1
I went to see him last night and I did laugh because he’s still funny, but couldn’t get over his appearance! Good on him if he’s lost weight (14 stone in a day 😂) but I do believe it’s through illness. He also did struggle with getting his words out, felt a bit bad for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Went to see him last week, now I have wanted to see him live for a very long time.
Have to say I did feel shocked by his appearance, took me a while to get over that !
I just felt either that my expectations were way too high, or he has gone past his best…don’t get me wrong there were some very funny bits , but a bit too long spent on the ‘finale’ which I just didn’t think was that good, would have loved a bit more of the funny story telling he is known for ….in my opinion it wasn’t a hologram I think it was really him ? But who knows ?

Reactions: 13