Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think this is why he bangs on about kidney stones in his show. 'Here's one illness so you don't ask about the other'.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do think this is why he bangs on about kidney stones in his show. 'Here's one illness so you don't ask about the other'.
That is the 'official' reason for him losing weight as he has talked about it in interviews.

Reactions: 1
The name Peter Kay will always be household of British comedy, you can never take that away from him.
Problem is like has been mentioned, his act is very stale. Even back then when it originally aired, he released the same standup show as a DVD 3 times. Well, what felt like the same show, as it was the same routine just juggled around slightly.

I get he has a 'winning formula', and people love to hear the odd classic joke of his, but he needs to observe what's current and update his act.
He knows his tours will sell out, and he will make mega money from them so I guess after this latest tour he can go back to living a quiet life for another few years.
I personally would love another series of Phoenix Nights, or a series of specials.

Reactions: 27
I loved Phoenix Nights! Absolute classics. And That Peter Kay Thing before that, also brilliant. I work in Bolton and was here last week in the snow 😂
c6ea9406-c7fc-48fe-ab79-1ce50401c8c9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I rewatched Phoenix Nights over Christmas. So good.
Love the ep with psychic Clinton Baptise
“I’m gettin the word…… n0nce”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I haven’t seen Phoenix Nights in so long. Is there any way to watch it? When I look it up I can’t find it anywhere ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The name Peter Kay will always be household of British comedy, you can never take that away from him.
Problem is like has been mentioned, his act is very stale. Even back then when it originally aired, he released the same standup show as a DVD 3 times. Well, what felt like the same show, as it was the same routine just juggled around slightly.

I get he has a 'winning formula', and people love to hear the odd classic joke of his, but he needs to observe what's current and update his act.
He knows his tours will sell out, and he will make mega money from them so I guess after this latest tour he can go back to living a quiet life for another few years.
I personally would love another series of Phoenix Nights, or a series of specials.
He has said more than once in the last few years he wants to do another series and has a few scripts on the go but it's a case of getting everyone together as when the show finished both Dave Spikey (Jerry) and Neil Fitsmaurcie (Ray) had a few things to say about how it was a team effort but he took most of the credit for it. They did a live version many years back for Red Nose Day that was supposed to be released on DVD but never was. It would be great for it to come back but whether it will is anyone's guess, especially the more time that passes.
---
I haven’t seen Phoenix Nights in so long. Is there any way to watch it? When I look it up I can’t find it anywhere ☹
It's not only any streaming sites but Daily Motion has the two series.

Reactions: 6
It's not only any streaming sites but Daily Motion has the two series.
Thanks for this - I was wanting to watch this again the other week but couldn't find it anywhere on any streaming services. I used to have them on DVD but god knows where that is and I no longer have a DVD player!

Reactions: 4
Kitson described Phoenix Nights as racist
Kitson was treated like tit by Peter Kay during and afterwards. Listen to some of the DVD voiceovers on Phoenix Nights. Kitson is vastly funnier and doesn’t think that his tit smells like roses either.

Reactions: 2
He also fell out with Daniel Kitson who played Spencer
Just been Googling and there's some interesting stuff here:

I used to work with Dan Kitson's aunt and she told me the reason Kitson hates Peter Kay so much is because he thinks Kay is a hypocrite.
Apparantly, Kitson didn't like the fact Kay appeared in an advert for John Smith's after his father had died of alcoholism.
I also noticed that during an evening dedicated to Peter Kay, which featured every episode of Phoenix Nights back-to-back, that Kitson's faced had been fuzzed out and his voice dubbed! Also, his name didn't appear in the credits. It's obvious the pair have had a number of arguments after the show became a success. Maybe Kitson was annoyed "artistically" because the show ended up being a mainstream hit.

Reactions: 3
Oh the Daniel Kitson thing, if you own the Phoenix Nights DVD if you listen to the commentary they talk about it.
Peter says Daniel claimed working on the show was the ‘worst time of his life’ apparently.

Kitson was unhappy with the portrayal of the ‘Ant and Dec’ characters amongst other things.

They refer to Daniel throughout as ‘that shithouse’ I think so it’s pretty clear they didn’t like his views on working with Peter