Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s lost quite a bit of weight now but I remember when he did that sit down for comic relief he had gained quite a lot and was larger than he usually was. Maybe he lost weight for health reasons but because we are so used to seeing him plump, plus he’s been that way for many years, it’s aged him?

Reactions: 5
I saw him in Birmingham a few weeks ago and I'm glad it's not just me who felt he wasn't that funny. The near 3 hour car drive wasn't worth it 😂 he re used his old material far too much and I left feeling defelated!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
He
He’s lost quite a bit of weight now but I remember when he did that sit down for comic relief he had gained quite a lot and was larger than he usually was. Maybe he lost weight for health reasons but because we are so used to seeing him plump, plus he’s been that way for many years, it’s aged him?
He was seen frequenting Christine's hospital in Manchester a good few years back when he went off the scene... He just said family issues. Think it was him that had the cancer and not visiting someone ya know

Reactions: 4
He

He was seen frequenting Christine's hospital in Manchester a good few years back when he went off the scene... He just said family issues. Think it was him that had the cancer and not visiting someone ya know
Oh right, that could add up. I heard it was to do with a child but he’s been quite private over the whole affair.

Reactions: 2
He

I'm sure someone said it was leukaemia in one of the Secret Gossip threads. I can't remember if they said it was them or a relative who was in a hospital for treatment and he was in at the same time and from what they heard, it wasn't his first time battling it.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure someone said it was leukaemia in one of the Secret Gossip threads. I can't remember if they said it was them or a relative who was in a hospital for treatment and he was in at the same time and from what they heard, it wasn't his first time battling it.
This is true. He did have it & he’s had it previously too. Can’t say how I know without it being a big confidentially breach but yeah definitely Leukaemia and definitely him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This is true. He did have it & he’s had it previously too. Can’t say how I know without it being a big confidentially breach but yeah definitely Leukaemia and definitely him.
Yeah, I used to live up the road from him before moving away. He was quite ill at the time.

Reactions: 6
One of my colleagues saw him live recently she said he was funny but alot of his material is the same old thing like growing up in the 70s and the misheard song lyrics etc

I've just come across thoa thread, unfortunately Peter has had the big C, I know this because we saw him at Christie Hospital in Manchester and he didn't have any hair. 🥹

• Sad
Reactions: 16
One of my colleagues saw him live recently she said he was funny but alot of his material is the same old thing like growing up in the 70s and the misheard song lyrics etc
Surely he mentioned garlic bread?

• Haha
The misheard lyrics,70s stuff, uncle knob head etc is his style. People would be disappointed if he didn't do any of that stuff. We saw him last summer and he was fab!!

Reactions: 14
The misheard lyrics,70s stuff, uncle knob head etc is his style. People would be disappointed if he didn't do any of that stuff. We saw him last summer and he was fab!!
I get that his audience loves that stuff and that's great surely it just gets a bit samey though

Reactions: 5
I see the Daily Mail are doing that hinting thing they like to do when they know something about someone.

"healthy looking Peter Kay..."

Reactions: 8
Watched him back in March, it was shite. Lots about songs off adverts :rolleyes: He's run out of material to be honest.

Reactions: 10
Everyone has their 'peak' and I think Peter Kay had his some time ago. I loved his humour but got a bit fed up with him taking over everything he was appearing on, even when he wasn't the 'star turn'. However, I'm sad he's been so ill (I don't think there's been much doubt that it's him and not a family member). He looks as though he's really had it taken out of him. Hope it's something he can recover from.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I got to see him last year, was quite disappointed - it was very old style of comedy which isn’t funny for anyone under 50. I didn’t know half of the material he was on about, I don’t think he did as he kept slurring and forgetting what he was saying. I feel like he didn’t need to come back? Or he needed to see what others on the circuit are doing.

He did mention someone about needing insulin which would explain his weight loss if his pancreas is not working so well that he needs it.

I wonder if he's not said what's been wrong because he doesn't want all the charities associated with the condition he's had/got bombarding him with messages to help 'raise awareness' and become their poster boy (because I'm as sure as hell that's what would happen). Not to mention the tons of letters that would be coming his way from other sufferers and their families that he couldn't possibly respond to, especially if feeling really ill. That's an awful lot of pressure. Maybe it's right that he used the time he's had out to focus on whatever he's been dealing with and his family. Much as I'd like to know what's happened, I don't blame him one bit for keeping it low key.

Reactions: 21