Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell you something though it’s mad how the ticket scramble turns you into a different person. I’ve been in tears today and really depressed after what happened.

the tickets for The Reytons (whoever the duck they are!) were 'non refundable or transferable' but were quickly followed up by a cancellation email! but I haven’t got the Peter Kay tickets.

i could at least live with it if ticketmaster did the decent thing and got me some tickets. Complaining email going to the concert promoters too because they could do as Ed Sheeran does and ban the resale of tickets, and if it’s no more than 4 or 6 at a time then more people would get tickets. Bloody touts.

I'm never buying tickets for anything ever again I tell you!
Don’t worry, you can see him at the O2 in 2050 it seems?! (Too soon, sorry)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I saw some pictures on IG and people were saying that he looks unwell but in truth he looks great- he just used to be very overweight. I saw the warm up show a few weeks back in Salford and he looks really well - trimmed down but still with a bit of a tummy . Its a great show and I'm so pleased i saw with only 150 other people 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently he did a "garlic bread" but and misheard lyrics bit, so same as usual. Will wait for the DVD.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Apparently he did a "garlic bread" but and misheard lyrics bit, so same as usual. Will wait for the DVD.
I don’t really see a problem with that, they’re obviously two of his ‘bestseller’ jokes! The audience probably loved it especially the misheard lyrics and presumably he found some new misheard ones and not the original?!

Reactions: 12
I don’t really see a problem with that, they’re obviously two of his ‘bestseller’ jokes! The audience probably loved it especially the misheard lyrics and presumably he found some new misheard ones and not the original?!
I'm not saying it's a problem, I'm just saying like we all predicted it would be fairly same hat stuff. And that after the struggle to get tickets it wouldn't be worth waiting to go to the tour on 2024/5 and be easier to just wait for the DVD.

Reactions: 5
I dont know how people can say it wasn't him that was ill. He has lost weight, his hair is different and he looks like he is in recovery. When he did the Comic Relief special a couple of years ago, he barely spoke, had sunglasses on and a hat. They made it look like it was part of his "costume" but it was clearly covering him up.

Reactions: 21
So tell us what we all want to know - any jokes about garlic bread?

Reactions: 2
He did these jokes on the recent radio broadcast and they worked, even though I've heard them before, think its the way he tells them and just him to be honest. It shouldn't work but it does.
I also think he's been ill, he mentioned his mum worrying that he was doing too much. I get it, his private life is very important to him, his public persona is very different to his somewhat cut throat professional "joke stealer" front, that's ok, it is what it is. If he makes me laugh cool.

He's still an amateur on the joke stealing front compared to Jimmy Carr.

Reactions: 4
I dont know how people can say it wasn't him that was ill. He has lost weight, his hair is different and he looks like he is in recovery. When he did the Comic Relief special a couple of years ago, he barely spoke, had sunglasses on and a hat. They made it look like it was part of his "costume" but it was clearly covering him up.
He said he pulled his shows cos of family issues a few yrs back but you can see he has been unwell and he was also seen on a few occasions in Christies Hospital in Manchester around 3yrs ago too so, can only assume he was an outpatient and not visiting someone else 😔

Reactions: 3
I went to see him last night. Was great he looked ok yes a bit thinner and has aged a lot (obviously he has, he hasn’t been around in a decade!)
They made an announcement that he is starting the first ever residency at the London 02 and will do a monthly show until 2025 and likely beyond.

So a lot of people are saying they have been disappointed with the new show alot of old material and unfunny new material.

• Wow
Reactions: 2