Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Don’t know if this story is true but he has had it. My brother works for BUPA, he’s had it twice now.

He had it once before his tour where he did loads of shows in London, and then it came back in December just before his was due to do his next tour. Very sad but he is in remission again now.
Surely your brother who works for BUPA should keep that kind of personal medical information private? 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
We had tickets too but we said we wouldn’t rebook if he ever said he was going to redo it. I know that probably sounds petty and I’m sure he had good reason for it but he always comes across as someone that doesn’t care about his fans. They like his tv shows etc but he just stops them.
But didn't you read his statement where he explained it was due to unforeseen family circumstances? He's not going to cancel a tour that is going to make him a lot of money because 'he doesn't care about his fans'! Obviously someone in his family is seriously ill.

Reactions: 66

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
We had tickets too but we said we wouldn’t rebook if he ever said he was going to redo it. I know that probably sounds petty and I’m sure he had good reason for it but he always comes across as someone that doesn’t care about his fans. They like his tv shows etc but he just stops them.
Wow. You sound lovely. “Doesn’t care about his fans”, go fuck yourself you selfish prick. (Don’t even care how rude that makes me sound, I mean it if you genuinely mean what you put)

Family always comes first to work. Whatever the family circumstances whether he is ill, his wife, children, whoever, he is absolutely right to put his family first. In the same way that any of us would give up work if we could afford to in order to spend more time with a seriously ill family member.

I must admit I saw a picture of him circulate on twitter, he didn’t look all that well, he had a beanie on so I thought maybe cancer treatment. But I don’t like to speculate too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
This is true, we were in a cab in London, the cabbie had had PK's agent in before us, he confirmed PK has had leukaemia, poor guy, love him and I hope he is getting better 😘

Leukaemia rumour is true unfortunately
As if his Agent is going to tell a London cabbie that 🤣🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

Lottiedooda

Chatty Member
At the end of the day it's a job, most people assume it's because a close family member was ill. If that was the case am sure everyone one I know would do exactly the same and put their family first.

I actually applaud him for this and for not selling his story and making money off the back of it like many other celebs would do.

Reactions: 59

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I hope that anyone sharing gossip they have found out through working (in any capacity) in a medical setting will lose their job and pension. This is absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 54

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I think this is desperately sad, and whether it's him or a member of his family with an illness isn't really important. He has made it very clear that he wants to keep his private life private. I think people should respect that, and allow him to be able to go out and about without people zooming in on pictures of him to see if he has any eyelashes. Respect the man and his family, this is not our business. He has withdrawn from public life, allow him to do so.

Reactions: 49

Kofi Annan

We live near him and see him quite often. If we're going off looks and appearances I'd say it isn't himself who is ill, but who knows? Illness can be invisible.

What I will say is he isn't very approachable. I've seen him be quite rude and cutting when recognised. Before he cancelled his tour and since. It's a bit of a facade that he's this jolly, down to earth guy. In reality he's quite mean and grumpy. Then again, I'm not famous so perhaps he's just fucked off with strangers shouting "garlic bread" at him in Sainsburys 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
A cashier in Tesco Farnworth (Peter's home town) also confirmed the leukaemia rumours. Peter's best friend's nan does her weekly shop in there.
Amazing isn’t it that Peter asked the press for privacy yet he’ll happily tell his best friend to tell his Nan to tell everyone in Tesco and tell his Manager to tell every London cabbie 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Wow - such empathy. If you think he doesn’t care about his fans, why even line his pockets in the first place?

Reactions: 43

Dizzy

VIP Member
This is true, we were in a cab in London, the cabbie had had PK's agent in before us, he confirmed PK has had leukaemia, poor guy, love him and I hope he is getting better 😘

Leukaemia rumour is true unfortunately
I dont believe for one minute that his agent would divulge highly personal information to a cabbie!

Reactions: 42

Curly

VIP Member
I had tickets for his show and of course disappointed when it was cancelled but it actually makes me respect him more as an entertainer. He chose to be there for his family, whatever the circumstances were behind closed doors. So many entertainers now would sell their families for a bit of fame and fortune so well done to him. If he ever does come back to live shows I would 100% support him as a fan!

Reactions: 32

Traveler001

VIP Member
I can imagine that, he gives off that vibe whereas I think PK comes across badly, especially when you watch footage like on Jonathan Ross climbing on the set etc - the kind of person you dread on a night out! Not endearing at all whereas Dave and Neil totally are.
Definitely agree! I always think PK is the type of bloke who if he wasn’t famous and was a normal person going out with friends on a Friday night his friends would say to the rest of his friends ‘wait ‘til you meet my mate Peter later, he’s a right character’ and by that they mean he’s a twat who will ‘banter’ everyone, ‘joke’ with the serving staff and do something ‘hilarious’ like dance on the bar knocking everyone drinks over and breaking glasses until they’re thrown out then go to a kebab shop make ‘hilarious jokes’ to the staff and be ushered out by everyone else who have to leave the shop saying “he’s drunk mate, he doesn’t mean it” and then be put in a cab and when he’s gone all the blokes turning to the one who invited him like ‘mate...’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Just seen some photos posted of him on Twitter, Think it may have been him that was ill, maybe I’m reading too much into it but his hair does not look like it did in the past, I was thinking this could’ve been signs of treatment?
I hope he’s on the road to recovery if it was him. I also had tickets to his show but I have no problem with him cancelling, at all, regardless of whether it was for him or a family member. Family always comes first!

Reactions: 31

angelfizz

First time poster, but long time lurker! He lives near me. A little lad wanted his autograph, maybe 2004ish, I used to work with sue so I said I would go over and get it for him. He was in a shop in town. As soon as I went over he said “fuck off, I’m having an off day”. The lad was devastated. He is very nasty when in real life and it’s a shame.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

StephenTJackson

VIP Member

This tweet is probably gonna be every accurate, worse is I can hear him saying it in his Bolton accent and him getting higher pitched by the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

CharDee MacDennis

The name Peter Kay will always be household of British comedy, you can never take that away from him.
Problem is like has been mentioned, his act is very stale. Even back then when it originally aired, he released the same standup show as a DVD 3 times. Well, what felt like the same show, as it was the same routine just juggled around slightly.

I get he has a 'winning formula', and people love to hear the odd classic joke of his, but he needs to observe what's current and update his act.
He knows his tours will sell out, and he will make mega money from them so I guess after this latest tour he can go back to living a quiet life for another few years.
I personally would love another series of Phoenix Nights, or a series of specials.

Reactions: 27

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
Can’t remember what gossip forum I was on years ago and it was said it was Peter who had leukaemia and was in Christie’s.

I’m disappointed. I came here hoping a tattler would know someone who would know someone who could get me tickets on the sly beforehand but I forgot you all hate him. We saw him in Manchester doing a big charity thing and he was bloody brilliant.

Anyways I’ll be on the phone Saturday morning glad you lot won’t be clogging the phone lines up.

toodleloo haterz ✌🏼😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27