Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for sharing this and I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time. Sending you big hugs! Like us women don't have enough to go through hey?
I'm starting to wonder if this time my anxiety is different, and that its peri causing it. I just feel like I'm in a constant state of anxiety atm. Xx
I think the anxiety feels completely different when it’s caused by peri menopause tbh. For me personally. Sounds as if you’re in the grips of it too. Like you say, as if we don’t have enough to put up with! X
---
yeah i really love walking. No dog but just walks in nature outside and out and about really help my mood.
I need to really make the effort to walk more. I have countryside on my doorstep so I have no excuse! It really does help with my mood too

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My anxiety started with my driving. I have never been an anxious driver but would suddenly get intrusive thoughts I had forgotten how to drive or I was lost or my lights weren't working. I started hating driving.
Then it was work. I also work in a hospital ( hence the total tit name I wish tattle would let us change)
I suddenly started panicking whilst injecting someone that I had drawn up the wrong drug, felt anxious I couldn't remember what basic meds were for. We often get moved to other wards for staffing reasons and I completely flipped one day and just went home instead of the other ward.
Everyone thought I had lost the plot as did I.
I started HRT and also exercise regularly , slowly I feel more me again.

Sorry for the bloody essay 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all, been lurking a little while, this space helped give me confidence in starting HRT even though I’m just 40.

I’ve now been on Evorel, Utrogestan and Estiol for nearly a month. I can notice a lifting of my low mood, have lived with depression for 3 years plus (also on citalopram) and my monthly crippling migraine didn’t appear last month.

Those aspects are enough of a win for me to deal with the (so far) sore nipples and bit of an itch.

I’ve also given up caffeine. Am still having pretty severe fatigue, hoping I can start gently with some regular exercise and feel better. What has anyone experienced in getting started exercising? I think I need help and motivation!

• Heart
I started doing Zumba , didn't think it would be my thing but absolutely love it. Everyone who goes is a similar age and it's just so much fun.
I struggle a lot with motivation on my days off so I force myself to go for a walk every day. I pick a podcast I know I will enjoy and it just means I do the walk. Podcasts have saved me in so many ways. I struggled with sleep and just put a podcast on one night when trying to entertain myself.
I now find I am asleep within two minutes of starting a podcast. It's like Pavlov's dog .

I also find podcasts are like being hit over the head - I’m asleep within ten minutes max 99pc of the time (not when I’ve drunk a lot of wine).

It’s funny the anxiety and low mood, because conversely, I’m happier than ever. I realise I have so many amazing things in my life: husband and good strong marriage, children (and great relationships with them), friends, job, house. It’s as if I’m just realising all of this and am suddenly gripped by the fear of losing it all.

So in another way, this is the best time of life as I feel (generally) content (awful word), I have the time and money (just about) to enjoy them, and I’m proud of what I’ve built over the last 20 years.

I think every stage of life has its tit bits. The trick is to recognise and enjoy the good bits as often as you can.

Reactions: 2
My anxiety started with my driving. I have never been an anxious driver but would suddenly get intrusive thoughts I had forgotten how to drive or I was lost or my lights weren't working. I started hating driving.
Then it was work. I also work in a hospital ( hence the total tit name I wish tattle would let us change)
I suddenly started panicking whilst injecting someone that I had drawn up the wrong drug, felt anxious I couldn't remember what basic meds were for. We often get moved to other wards for staffing reasons and I completely flipped one day and just went home instead of the other ward.
Everyone thought I had lost the plot as did I.
I started HRT and also exercise regularly , slowly I feel more me again.

Sorry for the bloody essay 😬
Gosh, that sounds awful! I'm so pleased u found what helps you.
I really need to get more active, I think it would help me alot. Since my little boy has become a toddler I just never seem to have the energy! But I know it would do me the world of good.

Reactions: 1