Peri menopause moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Chocolategoggler
I have just bought a second hand copy of the detox diet book.😎
I will read the inflammation book preview. 94 pages might be enough for me looking at the chapter titles! Thanks for linking it.

I am too tired after work to read anything that takes lots of concentration

Reactions: 3
Thank you @Chocolategoggler
I have just bought a second hand copy of the detox diet book.😎
I will read the inflammation book preview. 94 pages might be enough for me looking at the chapter titles! Thanks for linking it.

I am too tired after work to read anything that takes lots of concentration
They do say you need to feed your body and when you think what's in a normal diet we wonder why we feel so tired all the time, can't think straight and can't sleep.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone else just in a constant state of apathy? Like really physically and mentally lethargic? Just can't be arsed with anything?

I've had quite a bit of annual leave to use up this past month and I've literally not done anything remotely enjoyable or productive. I've just been lurking around the house like a disappointed ghost or dossing on the couch with a face like a slapped arse. Then going back to bed in the middle of the afternoon to have a break from the boredom, and also because I'm ridiculously knackered from doing sod all.

04c77b8d0f51d01a1b774f01e98cc1f6.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My legs have started hurting. There is a regular pain in the middle of my right femur (it’s a bad, dull ache) and my left knee hurts when I walk. It has come on quite quickly and is a new symptom. I asked a physio and she said it could be menopause related.

I am on HRT.

Does anyone have any recommendations to deal with this?

It is so boring isn’t it? I feel like going to the knackers yard and asking them to put me out of my misery.
---
I have just seen everyone else complains of leg pain. lol

sorry for not reading the thread properly.
---
@Chocolategoggler

what is the book on inflammation?

I did that detox diet! lots of cooking but the food was surprisingly tasty and yes, I felt good on it. Sorry I got rid of the book now.
BOne pain can be vitamin d deficiency. When I was really low I had middle of shin pain and felt like I could die by teatime. Get a high strength supplement with k2, after a week you’ll know if it’s that (if you can’t get a test).

So glad to have found this thread! Hi @griftalo. :LOL:

Had no idea leg pains could be perimenopause related. I've been having leg aches all week and it's making the insomnia even worse. Currently have a prescription for Vitamin D so will start taking it and report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So glad to have found this thread! Hi @griftalo. :LOL:

Had no idea leg pains could be perimenopause related. I've been having leg aches all week and it's making the insomnia even worse. Currently have a prescription for Vitamin D so will start taking it and report back.
I started taking a mushroom tonic to aid in sleep and my gosh it has worked so well. I’m using magnesium spray as well. I was taking everything under the sun to combat the restless legs and insomnia it caused. I actually might increase my Vit 12 as I’m vegetarian. I was surprised how vitamin deficient I was as I am very conscious of eating foods that help produce this until I started taking the magnesium spray and my legs tingled all the time I put it on.

Is anyone else just in a constant state of apathy? Like really physically and mentally lethargic? Just can't be arsed with anything?

I've had quite a bit of annual leave to use up this past month and I've literally not done anything remotely enjoyable or productive. I've just been lurking around the house like a disappointed ghost or dossing on the couch with a face like a slapped arse. Then going back to bed in the middle of the afternoon to have a break from the boredom, and also because I'm ridiculously knackered from doing sod all.

View attachment 2843009
This made me laugh so much that I cried. Thanks :LOL:
I can also relate.

• Haha
  • Heart
I started taking a mushroom tonic to aid in sleep and my gosh it has worked so well. I’m using magnesium spray as well. I was taking everything under the sun to combat the restless legs and insomnia it caused. I actually might increase my Vit 12 as I’m vegetarian. I was surprised how vitamin deficient I was as I am very conscious of eating foods that help produce this until I started taking the magnesium spray and my legs tingled all the time I put it on.
The past 2 weeks my sleep has been really bad I already take magnesium, where did you get the mushroom tonic?

The past 2 weeks my sleep has been really bad I already take magnesium, where did you get the mushroom tonic?
I’m NZ based and it was a local company that sells it. Not sure where you’re based but google might help. Reishi mushroom is meant to be good

Reactions: 1
I’ve been having really bad face flushes the past 2weeks a few times a day, does anyone else get this and what can I take to prevent them?

Reactions: 1
dunno if this is meno related, but I feel it may be. I've seen a few bits about women developing food aversions with the onset of meno and, all of a sudden, I'm getting the ick with red meat

like, I love red meat! just like I love sleeping properly, not hurting all over all the time and just basically feeling normal again

this bleeping sucks and I'm not even 40 yet!

• Heart
  • Sad
I've had to pause my detox as I've run out of storage space. 😁 Silly me made the full recipe amount (must wear my glasses in future).
So I'm going to be eating the pre prepared meals in my freezer and adding in salads and nibbles.
I had porridge and a salad today and I felt stuffed. Didn't realise I'd missed lunch till nearly teatime.
Last time I did the detox I craved courgettes - no such effect this time. Instead I seem to be craving kiwi fruit in salad, hummus with crudités, melon, celery and salad.
I've got really good at making salads and dressing them. Adding in nuts and whatever else I fancy.
I would like to try more types of melon. Can anyone recommend a type of melon they like?
ETA. I'm still feeling good and no brain fog.

Reactions: 2
This month is the first time I’ve missed a period since I was last pregnant 16 years ago. I’ve had the usual pmt, bad skin, stomach ache etc but literally a few spots. This is going from 28 day cycle extremely heavy to this 💁‍♀️

I’m hoping this is the beginning of the end.

Reactions: 2
This month is the first time I’ve missed a period since I was last pregnant 16 years ago. I’ve had the usual pmt, bad skin, stomach ache etc but literally a few spots. This is going from 28 day cycle extremely heavy to this 💁‍♀️

I’m hoping this is the beginning of the end.
Only because I don't want you disappointed but I have been like this four years now. I was a regular every 28 days to being every 17 days, then 44 days, then 19 days etc.
I started HRT two months ago and have just had a two week bleed that was honestly exhausting.

If I don't come back as a man next time God fecking hates me.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Only because I don't want you disappointed but I have been like this four years now. I was a regular every 28 days to being every 17 days, then 44 days, then 19 days etc.
I started HRT two months ago and have just had a two week bleed that was honestly exhausting.

If I don't come back as a man next time God fecking hates me.
I know it’s wishful thinking 😂 if I go erratic like that I’ll have to give in and get the coil or something. I wouldn’t be able to deal with the hormonal side of it I don’t think.

I’ve been on HRT for about 3ish years now and it has definitely improved my symptoms to a bit more manageable but I’d say I’m unhinged most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m really having a tough time at the moment. I’m having a stupid period which happened about a year ago when I bled for 6 weeks. It’s not like a proper period most of the time it’s like the end of a period but just yuck! Does anyone have leaky nipples too? I’ve read about it being one of the least talked about symptom but is normal. The itchy ears are driving me insane and I’m just angry and down!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.