Peri menopause moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a decent supplement they have had success with? I have been overwhelmed when searching; the peri-menopause market now seems to be very crowded. I feel we have just become a marketing opportunity :sneaky:

I have had success with symptom-relief from weight training, improves sleep and mood plus benefit of gaining muscle mass. Next steps are trying to get my diet into order. I work in higher education and I am finding my compassion fatigue is significant, I just DON'T CARE about your problems :oops:

Reactions: 6
Can anyone recommend a decent supplement they have had success with? I have been overwhelmed when searching; the peri-menopause market now seems to be very crowded. I feel we have just become a marketing opportunity :sneaky:

I have had success with symptom-relief from weight training, improves sleep and mood plus benefit of gaining muscle mass. Next steps are trying to get my diet into order. I work in higher education and I am finding my compassion fatigue is significant, I just DON'T CARE about your problems :oops:
I think it's wise to avoid anything marketed specifically as for the menopause but do your research about ingredients that you are interested in then go for those. For example, buy a vit d and magnesium tablet as opposed to something marketed as a 'menopause support' tablet. The only supplements I take that I feel confident in recommending (jury is still out on the others) are vit d, magnesium and evening primrose. I also take calcium but that's possibly more an ageing thing as opposed to specifically for menopause.

Reactions: 7
Apart from HRT I have vitamin D daily, collagen powder and magnesium. The vitamin D I definitely feel benefits me.

Reactions: 4
Apart from HRT I have vitamin D daily, collagen powder and magnesium. The vitamin D I definitely feel benefits me.
Do you really feel the collagen helps? I've seen some Dermatologists saying it shouldn't as the stomach acid would break it all down but some saying it does.

Reactions: 1
I
Do you really feel the collagen helps? I've seen some Dermatologists saying it shouldn't as the stomach acid would break it all down but some saying it does.
It's tricky as I also changed my diet when I started having it so whether it was the collagen or drinking more water and eating better , who knows. My skin looks better, still dry but doesn't look dry (iykwim)
Tbh I have about two weeks left and I might trial without it to see if it makes a difference.
Sick of feeling ripped off by companies because they know we are desperate to feel and look better.

Reactions: 5
I take Vit D (and have done for a good few years), Magnesium (combo of Citrate & Malate) and a combined Evening Primrose & Cod Liver Oil capsule. I've also taken Type 1 Marine Collagen powder for the past couple of years (although due to expense only ever took half the recommended daily dose). I'm stopping after I finish the current bag, though, as I think it's too dear now.

Reactions: 5
I think it's wise to avoid anything marketed specifically as for the menopause but do your research about ingredients that you are interested in then go for those. For example, buy a vit d and magnesium tablet as opposed to something marketed as a 'menopause support' tablet. The only supplements I take that I feel confident in recommending (jury is still out on the others) are vit d, magnesium and evening primrose. I also take calcium but that's possibly more an ageing thing as opposed to specifically for menopause.
This is me and only the last few months. i’m 44.
i take menopace… only £5. Not sure….it’s highly rated tho!
Eve Primrose oil: seems to be helping with the joint and hip pains
magnesium glycinate defo helping with the sleep last few weeks. Only taking one of the recommended two as also get magnesium in my diet and the menopace.
vit d spray form. we should take anyway.

Like others trying hard with nutrition and exercise too. Not perfect i like crisps and chocolate! But not much alcohol as it doesn’t agree much anymore!

Reactions: 3
I take the usual supplements such as B12, Vit D and C. However, I am just trying to eat better, drink lots of water, etc.

Has anyone ever passed a decidual cast, it’s happened to me tonight.

I’ve never heard about it before, thought I was dying 😦

• Sad

Had not heard of it either! Just googled it and wow, no wonder you were a mess, I would have been too!

• Sad
Had not heard of it either! Just googled it and wow, no wonder you were a mess, I would have been too!
I googled it straight away and the images are the exact same. I said a few posts up that I was late with my period and it is highly unusual as I’m on a 28 day regular cycle.

The last few days though I’ve been spotting here and there and then today I’ve gone through 6 super heavy tampons then that thing 🤢🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I googled it straight away and the images are the exact same. I said a few posts up that I was late with my period and it is highly unusual as I’m on a 28 day regular cycle.

The last few days though I’ve been spotting here and there and then today I’ve gone through 6 super heavy tampons then that thing 🤢🤦‍♀️
Jesus Christ I’d never heard of that before! Are you ok??? Maybe take a photo (if you can) and contact your GP in the morning just in case.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I’ve also googled it. That must have been scary 😟 although it says it’s nothing to worry about I would still mention it to your GP or Practice Nurse. Did you take a photo of it? Maybe send it to them if you can’t get an appointment.

• Heart
I’m ok, thank you ❤

It was so weird, I thought what on earth is that, are my insides falling out?! I didn’t take a photo unfortunately.

I’m going to see how I am today and if anything else happens I’ll ring the drs x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m ok, thank you ❤

It was so weird, I thought what on earth is that, are my insides falling out?! I didn’t take a photo unfortunately.

I’m going to see how I am today and if anything else happens I’ll ring the drs x
Woah, there Nelly. I hope you're OK today! That's scary and you must have been in a lot of pain. Deffo ring the Dr's. I'd never heard of that before - I've passed out large clots before and they were painful, but nothing like that...

Linked to poor @Kittylover2019 's night, isn't it amazing what our uteruses are capable of? I guess many of you googled it and saw how small it is yet it can grow to accommodate babies. Just wish our hormones wouldn't let us down at the end of it all.

Reactions: 10
@Kittylover2019 how are you doing today? Hopefully today will be less heavy for you.
Hi!

Much better today, thank you for asking ❤

I’ve been under quite a bit of stress lately and I’m wondering if that’s had an effect or whether it is just one of those hormonal things. Looking into it I don’t think it will happen again so that’s good! 😅

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.