Perfume Youtubers: Mila De Blanc, Demi Rawling

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re absolutely right. It’s absolute nonsense. Perfume is scented water after all. And there’s also a group of women who think smelling like a snack (that is wearing the latest gourmands someone recommends) will make them irresistible, sexually desirable! And I know they actually think that because I read what some of these people write in their comments under such videos. It’s laughable really.

Reactions: 3
You’re absolutely right. It’s absolute nonsense. Perfume is scented water after all. And there’s also a group of women who think smelling like a snack (that is wearing the latest gourmands someone recommends) will make them irresistible, sexually desirable! And I know they actually think that because I read what some of these people write in their comments under such videos. It’s laughable really.
When Jeremy Fragrance said that the sexiest/most attractive scent on a woman was Juicy Couture, I thought he was trolling... but no, they all ran and bought it 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Those were the days, the early days of perfume influencers. From there it only went downhill…

I liked the blogs era better than the influencers one. Boisdejasmin, nowsmellthis, so many good writers.

Anyway, she's back at it again my friends:

Cringiest thumbnail award

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was just about to post a screenshot of that godawful thumbnail 😂 The claw hand at his neck, the tilted back head, the open mouth…

The desperate thumbnails and titles combined with her recommending the same 10 perfumes again and again is just utter laziness. I’m so bored of this type of “content” with nothing but affiliate links and “oh my god guyssss, this is SO good” as a description 🥱

Agreed, the blogging days were much better! 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I agree. They sound amazing but I just refuse to buy into the hype — it usually doesn’t end well for you. I don’t trust any of the influencer reviews of their fellow influencers’ creations. Most of them are not honest.

Demi’s £250 scent smells like a perfume from Pengaligons and the marketing behind it was very unfair in my opinion. They claimed you must purchase the perfume as soon as it was released because it’s limited edition and would never be available again. Lots of hype for nothing, it’s still available on FdB website.

Reactions: 2
I agree. They sound amazing but I just refuse to buy into the hype — it usually doesn’t end well for you. I don’t trust any of the influencer reviews of their fellow influencers’ creations. Most of them are not honest.

Demi’s £250 scent smells like a perfume from Pengaligons and the marketing behind it was very unfair in my opinion. They claimed you must purchase the perfume as soon as it was released because it’s limited edition and would never be available again. Lots of hype for nothing, it’s still available on FdB website.
The only FdB I really enjoy is Oud Jaune Intense, but Giardini di Toscana Bora Bora does the trick for me.
FdB is a bit like Roja/House of Sillage/Kajal... I think it's more the pricepoint/status showing, than the actual perfume. Everytime one goes viral, I just roll my eyes... why are influencers pushing very expensive perfumes to a very young public target ? Especially on tiktok.

I agree about the ultra expensive luxury niche houses. They’re not worth the money. You can get amazing good quality niche scents for one third of the price.
By the way, the other two new releases from Navitus, Aisha the great (I can’t stand her) and Sharida are almost $300 each?! Who would pay that kind of money for an influencer/celebrity product? I think that’s ridiculous. Let’s face it. Navitus is not Chanel or Roja.

Agreed, that kind of money for an influencer fragrance is just silly 😂 But don't get me started on Roja, I could never pay that kind of money for that whole brand.

Who is Mila kidding? 7 of her top 10 winter perfumes she’s got a discount code for… The same niche brands over and over again. It’s like watching a commercial. I respect perfume YouTubers who actually show stuff they love, maybe a sponsorship here and there… but to include mostly sponsored (that is gifted) stuff and to even put it at the beginning of the video seems deliberate. We all know the watch-time usually decreases as the video nears the end…

Influencer fragrances galore continues… Paulina has another perfume, $170. I wonder when this gourmand trend will lose traction.

The advertising campaign if you can even call it that looks very amateur and unprofessional.

Is anyone here watching Monika Cioch? I came across her channel a few months ago, even though I have never been that much into perfumes 😅
But she actually seems really nice and smart and a bit shy and her videos are so well done. I got influenced and bought a small perfume she recommended for myself for the first time in ages.
Her vlogs are quite relaxing and "nice to have on in the background" too. I still don't get how you can make a YT career out of such a niche topic, but she actually seems like "not like the other girls."

Monika Cioch, isn't that the girl that feature her weird husband a lot ? I like her when he's not in the videos !

I used to like her videos. She’s classy and well-spoken despite her accent. However, after a quick look at her channel I see she’s starting to use the “men killer” rhetoric more and more which results in me clicking off instantaneously. I don’t like the videos with her husband either.

And these are also the only videos of hers that have +100k views. Isn’t it sad that people only seem to like stupid content?

Someone needs to educate Miss Curly on age stereotypes in fragrance as well as classic perfumery. I can’t with these “don’t buy videos”. Fragrance is subjunctive, but you don’t get to describe Chanel No.5 as old grandma soap just because you have no appreciation for classics.

Attachments