Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She came to promote something in Ireland one time

It was a tv showbiz/fashion type show called Xposé I think anyway I remember she was so rude on it -swear to god.
She was acting bored and irritated by the presenter like being there was such an annoyance for her. Can’t remember what she was promoting

Reactions: 7
She came to promote something in Ireland one time

It was a tv showbiz/fashion type show called Xposé I think anyway I remember she was so rude on it -swear to god.
She was acting bored and irritated by the presenter like being there was such an annoyance for her. Can’t remember what she was promoting
She also hosted a show about a new magazine and she was disgusting to her employees, it wouldn’t be allowed today. Christ, she even made me feel slightly sorry for Ferne Cotton.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That could happen to anyone though, I probably would have dropped my phone in a blind panic. My kids have all had accidents and I've never taken drugs.
I think its the fact she doesn't fli
d
Exactly. When I was 4 years old my dad righltly or wrongly had been to the pub and had a few pints, come back and was lay on the couch reading the paper and I jumped on his stomach, bounced back and hit my head on the side table. I was bleeding profusely, my mum and dad rushed me to A&E where my dad was questioned extensively, no harm found of course but my dad has told me in later life they were asking the questions as if he had meant to cause the injury. I actually remember it happening which is weird. But the point is accidents do happen with kids, even though my dad had had a couple of pints he wasn’t exactly incapable.
You're mum and dad rushed you to A&E. Peaches doesn't flinch and continues with the phone call.

Reactions: 9
Why was Paula as well so totally obsessed with Michael Hutchence? It seems strange that an adult with 3 little children was acting like a teenager over him.

I hope Fi Fi and Pixie and both doing alright, anyone know what they are upto?
I mean, have you seen Michael Hutchence?! (in his heyday, I mean, not when he wasn't looking his best in the years before his death) I may be on my own here, but I completely understand why Paula Yates lost the plot over him. That man was sex on legs! What I never understood was how he cheated on Helena Christensen with Paula Yates. Then again, we now know he had a brain injury at the time...

Paula was obsessed with Hutchence for years. While married to Bob, she used to have a photo of him taped to the fridge, which Bob would tear down. It must have torn him apart that she actually upped and left her marriage for Hutchence.

Pixie Geldof embarked on a music career a few years back (don't know if that's still ongoing). There was a song on her album about Peaches called Twin Thing.

Reactions: 19
I mean, have you seen Michael Hutchence?! (in his heyday, I mean, not when he wasn't looking his best in the years before his death) I may be on my own here, but I completely understand why Paula Yates lost the plot over him. That man was sex on legs! What I never understood was how he cheated on Helena Christensen with Paula Yates. Then again, we now know he had a brain injury at the time...

Paula was obsessed with Hutchence for years. While married to Bob, she used to have a photo of him taped to the fridge, which Bob would tear down. It must have torn him apart that she actually upped and left her marriage for Hutchence.

Pixie Geldof embarked on a music career a few years back (don't know if that's still ongoing). There was a song on her album about Peaches called Twin Thing.
I concur Michael Hutchence, at least on video and in photos, was pure sex. Paula wasn’t though, I found her gawky but maybe that was cool in the 90s

Reactions: 14
I can't get past the fact she's used heroin when alone with her child but I think it shows the nature of addiction, I don't even think its a choice for an addict. If it was taboo between her and her husband was she really getting the correct support. He said he wasn't surprised when he found her, he must have known.
Then again she came across so together and articulate in the media that maybe those around her thought she was doing well and coping with methadone and counselling. It has been said here that those suffering with addiction are manipulative, so? In this situation heroin won and it usually does.
So interesting about Pearl Lowe, don't know much about her but she spoke about her issues with drugs in her interview with Sali Hughes, I must have a peek at the Primrose Hill threads.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
“ I don’t think it was a great decision to use while looking after her baby but I don’t doubt she loved those children.”

Er ‘not a great decision’ to inject heroin, alone in a house with a tiny baby?
I’m all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but that statement is insane.
Oh sorry I should just flat out lay into a person who is dead to satisfy everyone else’s thoughts on the matter. I don’t condone what she did at all, but I have never been addicted to any substance so wouldn’t know what it’s like to battle with cravings whilst also trying to raise my children.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I concur Michael Hutchence, at least on video and in photos, was pure sex. Paula wasn’t though, I found her gawky but maybe that was cool in the 90s
Yeah, at the time I never understood how Michael Hutchence could go from supermodel Helena Christensen to Paula Yates. I think his brain injury/breakdown goes a long way to explaining the final years of his life.

So interesting about Daisy Lowe, don't know much about her but she spoke about her issues with drugs in her interview with Sali Hughes, I must have a peek at the Primrose Hill threads.
Do you mean Pearl? (Daisy's mother). I've never heard of Daisy having anything to do with drugs. Pearl, on the other hand, was a heroin addict.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, at the time I never understood how Michael Hutchence could go from supermodel Helena Christensen to Paula Yates. I think his brain injury/breakdown goes a long way to explaining the final years of his life.

Do you mean Pearl? (Daisy's mother). I've never heard of Daisy having anything to do with drugs. Pearl, on the other hand, was a heroin addict.
Indeed. Although men love an ego boost and having someone who fawned over you like Paula may have been up his street

Reactions: 10
Two different articles, he'd apparently confronted her and they'd previously flushed some down the toilet. Both times they were in the loft. It all also says different places the puncture wounds were. Anyone know about how much 6.9g is? Also 27 methadone bottles. Don't know much about how much you use. Didn't think they could have a supply of 27 bottles.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh sorry I should just flat out lay into a person who is dead to satisfy everyone else’s thoughts on the matter. I don’t condone what she did at all, but I have never been addicted to any substance so wouldn’t know what it’s like to battle with cravings whilst also trying to raise my children.
Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting that people ‘lay into her’, more that there seemed to be a huge amount of excuses being made for her on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Shutterbug99 yes sorry that is who I mean. Whoops ill edit, poor Daisy.
Interesting though as this thread has been pushing towards the sort of 'it was inevitable after what her mother did' and you can disprove that it is inevitable by citing Daisy by mistake, not an addict, to her mother Pearl, a raving addict.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting that people ‘lay into her’, more that there seemed to be a huge amount of excuses being made for her on here.
I have sympathy for the girl, I wouldn’t make excuses for her to try diminish the weight of her own actions but I would try to get an understanding of the reasons why she sought the oblivion of heroin. A healthy mind would not get mixed up in the scene, every addict has a past and it usually involves a lot of emotional pain that they use drugs to self medicate. I feel there was a great mother in her just lost beneath the addiction.

Last edited:
Interesting though as this thread has been pushing towards the sort of 'it was inevitable after what her mother did' and you can disprove that it is inevitable by citing Daisy by mistake, not an addict, to her mother Pearl, a raving addict.
Frances Bean always seems remarkably well turned out too.

Reactions: 26
I suppose the way I view it is why try heroin in the first place, addiction is not a choice but that first try is. *However* I don't think that even that is black and white, she had a dysfunctional upbringing, her mother had been taking heroin, perhaps there was some innate wish to experience what her mother did, she didn't have strong parental guidance. Plus, when you are out on the scene and you see people taking it regularly you would probably start to normalize it in your head - you might think even though my mum died these other people are functioning fine. I'm sure people think.... well it killed these people but i'll be sensible it won't kill me. It's not like she tried it for the first time after the babies, she did seemingly try to kick it before. Plus she started taking it as a teen, and even though many of us wouldn't have done that i'm sure we all did stupid things that we regret looking back. Her teenage idiocy killed her.

I mean i'm not 100% sympathetic to drugs users, I find it terrible that people still seem to take loads of cocaine at parties for a party high but they know the human cost that surrounds the people who produce it. But I think when it comes to addicts it's not always black and white and we should sympathize a little.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Frances Bean always seems remarkably well turned out too.
Frances Bean has struggled with addiction - she has acknowledged this herself but never specified what the addiction was. The rumour is she had a pretty serious drug addiction at one point.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.