Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fifi is obviously Bob’s because she looks so much like him. Peaches was like Paula, but Pixie doesn’t really look like either of them!

There’s no denying that Tiger Lily is Michael’s though surely? She looks like him in a wig. She’s his absolute double.

Reactions: 12
I think it’s unfair to say she didn’t come across as tortured, there’s no way her mother’s death etc didn’t effect her. When you lose a parent in tragic circumstances you don’t walk around crying all day everyday. My father died in really dad circumstances and it actually has been harder for me the older I’ve got.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
For me, nothing is 'inevitable', but there are so many examples of children of people with addictions perpetuating the same cycle - look at poor Bobbi Brown for example, what hope did she have with 2 addicted parents? She was very wealthy and very well connected and actually in those circles I think it's a lot easier to get access to drugs. It is terribly sad but I do agree with the general consensus that she was a spoilt brat.

Peaches almost certainly bought her drugs online.
Bobbi Brown did nothing with her life and was given no boundaries by her scummy parents. They never attempted to hide their behaviours and addictions from her.

Wasn't Paula Yates teetotal before she met Michael Hutchence? That's what I never understood, that you would start mucking around with heroin when you are in your thirties and have kids.
That's the story often told by Paula's friends. I have wondered if it's the truth...

That's the story often told by Paula's friends. I have wondered if it's the truth...
Yes I dont think it was likely to be true either. Or it was a twisting of the truth. Just because you don't drink alcohol, doesn't make you not a heroin addict. Her friends always answer 'she was teetotal' which is not the answer to the question!

Yeah, at the time I never understood how Michael Hutchence could go from supermodel Helena Christensen to Paula Yates. I think his brain injury/breakdown goes a long way to explaining the final years of his life.

Do you mean Pearl? (Daisy's mother). I've never heard of Daisy having anything to do with drugs. Pearl, on the other hand, was a heroin addict.
Daisy was brought up by her grandparents while Pearl pursued her 'music groupie career'. She was only really close to Pearl in her teens

Reactions: 6
Fifi is obviously Bob’s because she looks so much like him. Peaches was like Paula, but Pixie doesn’t really look like either of them!

There’s no denying that Tiger Lily is Michael’s though surely? She looks like him in a wig. She’s his absolute double.
I think there was a rumor that Fifi was the nanny's daughter (not sure much truth to it).

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Peaches death is just such a sad waste of a life. Her poor sons won’t even remember her but will grow up with the weight of knowing how she died.

I’m surprised Thomas left the baby with her to her honest.

I think Social Services would have been involved from the outset of her first pregnancy. I wouldn’t be surprise if all the Geldof girls were known to SS as children due to Paula’s behaviour.

Reactions: 10
She might have detoxed off methadone during her pregnancy also. They sometimes do in the middle trimester.
It says she was taking methadone 2 and a half years before her death. Eldest kid was 2, youngest 1. I'm guessing she was on smack when she first got pregnant with first kid.

Reactions: 9
I have told this story on the gossip thread but in the 80s my uncle was good friends with John Galliano and knew Jasper Conran who was besties with Paula. They were at Jasper's shop or studio and he heard a child mucking around somewhere followed by the sound of an unmerciful slap. Really loud and also swearing. He said him and John started laughing being very young themselves at the time but even then he thought it was odd that the child did not cry. Anyway it was Paula Yates and one of her daughters who was only small. Imagine hitting a little kid. My uncle knew her through mutual friends and couldn't stick her.

He also heard that Paula never took to Peaches and Peaches had formed an unnatural ( not in a horrible ick way) bond with the nanny as a baby and toddler even sleeping with her every night. And Paula got rid of her. Bob Geldof was a distant dad and left his children to their own devises.

I have told this story on the gossip thread but in the 80s my uncle was good friends with John Galliano and knew Jasper Conran who was besties with Paula. They were at Jasper's shop or studio and he heard a child mucking around somewhere followed by the sound of an unmerciful slap. Really loud and also swearing. He said him and John started laughing being very young themselves at the time but even then he thought it was odd that the child did not cry. Anyway it was Paula Yates and one of her daughters who was only small. Imagine hitting a little kid. My uncle knew her through mutual friends and couldn't stick her.

He also heard that Paula never took to Peaches and Peaches had formed an unnatural ( not in a horrible ick way) bond with the nanny as a baby and toddler even sleeping with her every night. And Paula got rid of her. Bob Geldof was a distant dad and left his children to their own devises.
He knows Sophie Parkin too and this is very telling

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Two different articles, he'd apparently confronted her and they'd previously flushed some down the toilet. Both times they were in the loft. It all also says different places the puncture wounds were. Anyone know about how much 6.9g is? Also 27 methadone bottles. Don't know much about how much you use. Didn't think they could have a supply of 27 bottles.

6.9g is a LOT of heroin. A bag is about 0.1g for £10. So nearly £700 worth.

I don't know the ins and outs of methadone prescribing and it depends on the individual but I have prescribed it to inpatients and have had some interaction with community drugs teams. I think standard bottles are 100ml but bigger ones exist in pharmacies etc as many people I have seen are on 60-80ml per day. Some have observed prescriptions where they have to drink it in front of the pharmacists, others will get a small supply to take home once a week or so but this has to be stored correctly especially with there being small children around. No way she would be given 27 bottles at a time as it has a street value

Tom has always reminded me of Nick Cave, so thats an interesting connection. I think I read the coroner said Peaches death was not a case of history repeating itself and she had actively tried to beat her addiction, her mother had not.
She doesn't come across well in that clip with Ferne and I thought she was insufferable as a teen but I also thought she had really matured as she got older. At the time of her death I really believed she was super involved with her kids, I'd never have guessed she was into drugs.
Never liked Paula, bit to brash for me, I do remember her big breakfast interview with Michael, would love to see it again, if someone can find it and share.

Reactions: 16
You think it’s strange that there’s no pictures of the kids? Really?

I don't think it's strange that the Father of 2 kids whose Mother was famous and subsequently died in very murky circumstances of a drugs overdose, would want to protect his children's identities until they're old enough to make their own decisions.

Reactions: 20
Maybe that's why she got pregnant so quickly afterwards. She thought being pregnant would sort her out, then having a baby but it wasnt enough so she had another thinking that would be enough. We were talking on the Primrose Hill thread about Pearl Lowe and how she managed to keep all her children despite being a heroin addict and being often in sole charge of the children. Its something to do with the nannies. They have main charge of the kids so they may be seen to he in less danger than a woman on a council estate on her own.

I think with a lot of them as said earlier its coke and cigarettes rather than weight loss surgery unless they are Adele size big.
Again, at the risk of getting completely shot down, I do think the marriage and kids thing was just another phase for her. She may have thought it would help her get and stay clean as well. I think she would have gone down the same road that Lily Allen did - deciding to settle down to the countryside with babies in her early twenties and then realising that can actually be pretty monotonous and dumping the kids to go back to her old life knowing someone else would pick up the pieces. I always thought the earth mother thing was performative and I didn't even realise she had a full blown heroin addiction at the time.

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Tom has always reminded me of Nick Cave, so thats an interesting connection. I think I read the coroner said Peaches death was not a case of history repeating itself and she had actively tried to beat her addiction, her mother had not.
She doesn't come across well in that clip with Ferne and I thought she was insufferable as a teen but I also thought she had really matured as she got older. At the time of her death I really believed she was super involved with her kids, I'd never have guessed she was into drugs.
Never liked Paula, bit to brash for me, I do remember her big breakfast interview with Michael, would love to see it again, if someone can find it and share.
Here it is

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
“Peaches is graduating from precocious teen to brittle young woman, dazzled by notoriety, and the echoes of another young girl in the image are unmissable.”

sums it all up really

Reactions: 5

If you look at photos of Pixie and pictures of a young Michael they are very alike

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.