Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That could happen to anyone though, I probably would have dropped my phone in a blind panic. My kids have all had accidents and I've never taken drugs.
But the baby would have been unharmed - upset but unharmed - if he’d been bloody strapped into the seat.
Doesn't it just show you how insidious that drug is, she clearly loved her children but the husband is quoted as saying "the children were not enough, she had to do it"
I don't know how she ever took it after what happened to her mum, I remember someone said she may have done so to experience what Paula did.
Thats the nature of addiction isn’t it? Addicts lie and lie and the only thing they care about is their next fix. It’s just harder to be a functioning heroin addict (as opposed to say, coke or booze) because it’ll kill you quickest.

She *may* have been discharged by her midwife but as she appeared to be on a methadone programme, a health visitor and social worker would have been on speed dial and I would venture the kids were on an at risk register. Trust me when I say this is the least glamorous and most depressing part of public health. The life she was projecting was a total lie and she got away with a lot that your heroin addicted mum on a sink estate would never........ Regardless, the multi-disciplinary team that she was under would have had a huge review.
Totally agree with what you say about Peaches getting away with things that a mum on a sink estate never would have. Is there a chance she slipped through the net and never had support from a multi-disciplinary team? I wonder if her wealth, fame and privilege actually helped her evade detection by professionals?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
sorry if it's been posted already but has anyone seen this before? it came out a few years ago absolutely mad stuff
That was in 2009 apparently, think she lost a lot of jobs after those photos.

Reactions: 4
sorry if it's been posted already but has anyone seen this before? it came out a few years ago absolutely mad stuff
This was in the papers at the time it happened.

Reactions: 5
But the baby would have been unharmed - upset but unharmed - if he’d been bloody strapped into the seat.

Thats the nature of addiction isn’t it? Addicts lie and lie and the only thing they care about is their next fix. It’s just harder to be a functioning heroin addict (as opposed to say, coke or booze) because it’ll kill you quickest.

Totally agree with what you say about Peaches getting away with things that a mum on a sink estate never would have. Is there a chance she slipped through the net and never had support from a multi-disciplinary team? I wonder if her wealth, fame and privilege actually helped her evade detection by professionals?
Definitely would have. I see it a lot at work - the middle class “functional” alcoholics get different treatment to the ones who have chaotic unsupported lifestyles

Reactions: 22

Yes, people slip through the net all of the time. It is rather difficult to get away with these things when you're pregnant though with all the blood tests and wee sticks. Often certain investigations would be slightly 'off' that couldn't be explained and you'd find out the woman had been lying about being a smoker. That happened a lot. I find it highly unlikely she could have pulled off two pregnancies without her midwife knowing. I presume she went down the private route though and I'm not sure what they would do - but I'm sure there are some things that would have to be reported to authorities regardless of private or not.

Just my personal opinion obviously but my guess is that she was on methadone during both of her pregnancies. It's actually relatively safe if monitored properly but unfortunately the baby will still be born addicted which is obviously horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I didn’t realise she’d been engaged to Eli Roth at one point too, seems a bit of an odd pairing (maybe because of the age difference).

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Soooo bit of a long post here and I did not know her at all so this is just all observational but about fifteen years ago I was really into a certain London scene (strictly for the music but the partying was sometimes off the scale) and there was a notorious online forum which I joined to find out what would be going down on any given night. Peaches was a member and posted under her own name so everyone there knew who she was. This forum was notoriously unmoderated and absolutely brutal. If someone said something daft they would take no prisoners. So you can imagine how well a teenage Peaches went down. Looking back she was just a kid trying to hang with the cool crowd but she was pretty daft and annoying. Like I said, the forum could be brutal but there were also a lot of incredibly witty and hilarious people and I would often spend time just howling at their antics. The humour was dark though. They would do things like start a pile on and mercilessly go after people. If Peaches did a magazine article and the comments were left open it was open season. Tbh, her writing was piss poor so I never really felt bad for her.

The scene was pretty hard living but I was on the older end of the spectrum, had a full time job etc so while I probably overdid it at times I was still pretty level headed just massively sleep deprived! But there were really, really young kids on that scene and I was shocked that the recreational drug of choice was smack. When I was their age it was party drugs and even they messed people up. But smack as a party drug? Big problem. Sadly, most of the young ones that started messing with it ended up in huge trouble. Peaches was obviously one of them. I saw it coming when she was about 16 and DJing in a venue in Whitechapel that was notorious for smack being done in the toilets etc. It was really messy. Both her and Pixie were rich girls slumming it and could be rude and entitled. They expected to get in anywhere for free. I didn't like either of them.

No one has mentioned here the amount of work she had done either. She was quite chubby with messed up teeth back in the day so I was surprised when she was reinvented as an earth mother as she was very slim with pearly whites and big lips. She never used to look like that. She was chubby when she was using so I personally don't think it was the drugs. I think she had a hell of a lot of work done including a lap band or weight loss surgery. She honestly looked like a completely different person at the end of her life. Without wanting to sound too mean, I think the husband and babies was just another phase she went through. I don't think it was possible for her to be a good mother and someone else was probably looking after them most of the time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Soooo bit of a long post here and I did not know her at all so this is just all observational but about fifteen years ago I was really into a certain London scene (strictly for the music but the partying was sometimes off the scale) and there was a notorious online forum which I joined to find out what would be going down on any given night. Peaches was a member and posted under her own name so everyone there knew who she was. This forum was notoriously unmoderated and absolutely brutal. If someone said something daft they would take no prisoners. So you can imagine how well a teenage Peaches went down. Looking back she was just a kid trying to hang with the cool crowd but she was pretty daft and annoying. Like I said, the forum could be brutal but there were also a lot of incredibly witty and hilarious people and I would often spend time just howling at their antics. The humour was dark though. They would do things like start a pile on and mercilessly go after people. If Peaches did a magazine article and the comments were left open it was open season. Tbh, her writing was piss poor so I never really felt bad for her.

The scene was pretty hard living but I was on the older end of the spectrum, had a full time job etc so while I probably overdid it at times I was still pretty level headed just massively sleep deprived! But there were really, really young kids on that scene and I was shocked that the recreational drug of choice was smack. When I was their age it was party drugs and even they messed people up. But smack as a party drug? Big problem. Sadly, most of the young ones that started messing with it ended up in huge trouble. Peaches was obviously one of them. I saw it coming when she was about 16 and DJing in a venue in Whitechapel that was notorious for smack being done in the toilets etc. It was really messy. Both her and Pixie were rich girls slumming it and could be rude and entitled. They expected to get in anywhere for free. I didn't like either of them.

No one has mentioned here the amount of work she had done either. She was quite chubby with messed up teeth back in the day so I was surprised when she was reinvented as an earth mother as she was very slim with pearly whites and big lips. She never used to look like that. She was chubby when she was using so I personally don't think it was the drugs. I think she had a hell of a lot of work done including a lap band or weight loss surgery. She honestly looked like a completely different person at the end of her life. Without wanting to sound too mean, I think the husband and babies was just another phase she went through. I don't think it was possible for her to be a good mother and someone else was probably looking after them most of the time.
If you knew her when she was 16 which was only 4/5 years after her Mum died and she didn’t pass till 9 years later I don’t think your really in a position to judge her mothering skills. People can do a lot of growing up when they have children of their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Loving this tea

Reactions: 15
If you knew her when she was 16 which was only 4/5 years after her Mum died and she didn’t pass till 9 years later I don’t think your really in a position to judge her mothering skills. People can do a lot of growing up when they have children of their own.
I didn't know her, I've already stated that before anyone came for me. She took a heroin overdose when she was alone with her baby so yes I can judge her mothering skills.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
I didn't know her, I've already stated that before anyone came for me. She took a heroin overdose when she was alone with her baby so yes I can judge her mothering skills.
I’m not coming for you I just don’t think you can know for sure, if it was possible for her to be a good mother. I think she had the potential to be a great Mother. I don’t think it was a great decision to use while looking after her baby but I don’t doubt she loved those children.

Reactions: 10
Can you get weight loss surgery if you're just a bit overweight/chubby? All the people I know who have had it done have been very big 18 stones-32 stones etc.

Reactions: 7
Can you get weight loss surgery if you're just a bit overweight/chubby? All the people I know who have had it done have been very big 18 stones-32 stones etc.
You can get anything if you have money

Reactions: 30
Fifi was friends with that FB account and commented a lot. Sad, you can see how much Peache's loved her husband and kids :(

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m not coming for you I just don’t think you can know for sure, if it was possible for her to be a good mother. I think she had the potential to be a great Mother. I don’t think it was a great decision to use while looking after her baby but I don’t doubt she loved those children.
It is very, very rare for a parent to not love their children. That however, does not mean they are a great parent.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
It is very, very rare for a parent to not love their children. That however, does not mean they are a great parent.
I’m not saying she was a great parent, there are a lot of high functioning addicts in this world who happen to really excel in some areas of their lives. To me she had an intelligent and articulate mind and I believe she could have been an amazing mother had she not had her demons.

Reactions: 7
I very much doubt she had weight loss surgery, she won’t have just been doing heroine, there will have been Coke etc. Not to mention her weight was commented on so no big surprise she lost the weight.

I always have all the sympathy for people battling addiction very easy to judge. She found drugs for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I very much doubt she had weight loss surgery, she won’t have just been doing heroine, there will have been Coke etc. Not to mention her weight was commented on so no big surprise she lost the weight.

I always have all the sympathy for people battling addiction very easy to judge. She found drugs for a reason.
I think all of the Geldof girls have had weight loss surgery but that's just me I guess. They were all previously chubby/bigger girls. A lot of Hollywood people have had it even though there is no medical need because there's a lot of pressure to be thin and obviously it works.

Reactions: 8
I think all of the Geldof girls have had weight loss surgery but that's just me I guess. They were all previously chubby/bigger girls. A lot of Hollywood people have had it even though there is no medical need because there's a lot of pressure to be thin and obviously it works.
I do wonder how they lost it, Fifi was always on the larger size.

People don’t “take a heroin overdose” do they? It’s an accident. It’s quite common too. It’s not like she planned it.

Also although you can pay for anything weight loss surgery (as in gastric surgery you mean?) is very extreme for the relatively small Amount of weight they lost. Something like liposuction maybe?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.