Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I adored Michael and could never understand why he left Helena for Paula but clearly his head injury was the reason for his decline as well as Paula being more liberated with sex. Think it was quoted in the Mystify doc that he loved the taste of good wines (and women!) and losing his sense of taste must have been shattering as well as everything else that came with it. Was lucky enough to see INXS at one of their last tours and he was still so charasmatic (and beautiful!). My opinion on Paula has never waivered, as much as I can see how intelligent and witty she was, she wasn’t the Earth Mother she made out to be…
I think the earth mother thing, which both Paula and Peaches did was some kind of ' fake it til you make it' thing, where they were desperate to tell themselves what great mothers they were but the lure of the addictions was too strong. They had to convince other people in order to tell themselves their kids were fine, even though they behaved as they did.

Reactions: 20
Yep, they had Jasper Conran, Betty Jackson, Matthew Williamson and John Rocha diffusion lines. Have I missed any?

The Matthew Williamson line was particularly horrible. Really gaudy, sequins everywhere 🤣
Oh god I had some of that Matthew Williamson stuff, it was really flimsy but I thought it was so beautiful 🤩🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh god I had some of that Matthew Williamson stuff, it was really flimsy but I thought it was so beautiful 🤩🤣
Also still have a Kate Moss Topshop waistcoat and recently gave away a Kate Moss TS t-shirt, had loads of her clothes thinking they'd give me her classy edge. I was always short and curvy so it never really worked for me 🤣

Reactions: 8
Also still have a Kate Moss Topshop waistcoat and recently gave away a Kate Moss TS t-shirt, had loads of her clothes thinking they'd give me her classy edge. I was always short and curvy so it never really worked for me 🤣
Awh that’s a shame I was always the image of her after a few drinks! 🤣 (in my intoxicated head only)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I always liked that Voyage look from that era - Paula used to wear stuff like it too - the sort of knee length silky slip dresses with a little fitted angora cardi in jewel colours with brooches. I would wear it again but not sure a bias cut satin dress would do me any favours these days 😂
Found a photo of Paula.

michael-hutchence-and-paula-yates-G441XJ.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I always liked that Voyage look from that era - Paula used to wear stuff like it too - the sort of knee length silky slip dresses with a little fitted angora cardi in jewel colours with brooches. I would wear it again but not sure a bias cut satin dress would do me any favours these days 😂
Found a photo of Paula.

View attachment 1206982
I really loved this style back in the 90s, I always wanted to dress like her. I used to wear slips back then, could not get away with it now

Reactions: 17
Found a photo of Paula.

View attachment 1206982
Her look there is very current. There was a story today showing a best selling Zara dress very similar to this one 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really loved this style back in the 90s, I always wanted to dress like her. I used to wear slips back then, could not get away with it now
I used to love those slip dresses. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy wedding dress was my ultimate dream wedding dress. Then an older, slighty larger relative of mine wore one for her wedding and I was turned off them for life. God love her, it clung to every wrong curve and made her look way bigger than she was. 2 kids later I don't have the figure for one anymore either.

Reactions: 12
I used to love those slip dresses. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy wedding dress was my ultimate dream wedding dress. Then an older, slighty larger relative of mine wore one for her wedding and I was turned off them for life. God love her, it clung to every wrong curve and made her look way bigger than she was. 2 kids later I don't have the figure for one anymore either.
She was so stylish, everything she wore would still look great today.

Have not read the thread just thought I would add this to the mix. I am a London Taxi Driver I used to pick Geldolf up when he lived in Tite st Chelsea. He had a real aura of 'orribleness about him and he used to keep his money in a very small womans purse and when he was in company he worked it every time. They would get out, Geldolf would faff about in his purse until one of his mates/collegues got fed up and would say " I will get this" I couldnt stand the man the irony of being as tight as a ducks bum while chugging on Live Aid . Paula used to be lovely Peaches and the other one name forgot would clamber in when very young and they came across as being all very happy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
The media was so horrible about Michael choosing Paula over Helena. But I could see it really wasn't so bizarre. Helena is a goddess. Just so beautiful. And Paula had such style and presence. Comparing the two was ridiculous tbh. Any man would be lucky to be with either of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I saw INXS in the early 1990’s in Dublin (great concert ) but I had my friend on my shoulders and when I took her down my glasses came off too and broke.
the rest of the concert was a blur.... literally 😪😪
I saw INXS at the G Mex in my home city Manchester 1991 I think it was, I remember they had a double staircase on stage and Michael came down them in a bright red suit, he was very charismatic but I fancied Jon Farris the drummer, he has not aged well 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The media was so horrible about Michael choosing Paula over Helena. But I could see it really wasn't so bizarre. Helena is a goddess. Just so beautiful. And Paula had such style and presence. Comparing the two was ridiculous tbh. Any man would be lucky to be with either of them.
That’s interesting because I never really found Paula to be attractive or stylish or enviable in any way. She always came across to me as desperate for male attention and validation. My main memory of her is endless flirting when doing interviews (and I don’t just mean the Big Breakfast, although that was the culmination of her life’s work!) that harsh peroxide haircut, and boobs out. Maybe that’s unfair, but it’s what I remember of her from being a teen in the mid-late 90s.

Reactions: 23
That’s interesting because I never really found Paula to be attractive or stylish or enviable in any way. She always came across to me as desperate for male attention and validation. My main memory of her is endless flirting when doing interviews (and I don’t just mean the Big Breakfast, although that was the culmination of her life’s work!) that harsh peroxide haircut, and boobs out. Maybe that’s unfair, but it’s what I remember of her from being a teen in the mid-late 90s.
That is exactly how I perceived her, found her tiresome and irritating, I wasn't envious of her at all, like you say she seemed desperate for male attention and was very up herself.

Reactions: 20
I decided to have a look at photos of Paula after she got with Michael to remind myself of her style, and actually I think she kind of looked like a hot mess (in her defence she was hounded relentlessly by the paps, it’s quite shocking to remember how bad it used to be, pre-Diana’s death). Maybe it’s because the bias cut satin dress, cardigan and tiara looks exactly like the stuff Courtney love wore, who’s always been a hot mess.

F0131945-E171-435A-9480-1959DC9BDDEE.jpeg

This photo is poignant. All of them dead (apart from Tiger of course) long before their time.

B7EFE021-A3F6-4DAB-9207-1F5CC635099D.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 17
She looks ill and thoroughly fed up in the Versace fashion show photo.

She looks ill and thoroughly fed up in the Versace fashion show photo.
She looks very thin. Makes me think of how thin Peaches always was, during and after pregnancy. Were they using drugs when Tiger was that young? I can’t remember the timeline of when they got busted for heroin etc.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.