Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who thinks INXS were awful? I liked Michael but I cringe at most of their songs and the other members had no charisma and little talent imho.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Am I the only one who thinks INXS were awful? I liked Michael but I cringe at most of their songs and the other members had no charisma and little talent imho.
The INXS sound is very 1980’s. Lots of saxophone which is always a giveaway, although Never Tear Us Apart is having a bit of a revival at the moment. I kind of feel that Michael based his look on Jim Morrison. I never fancied him but I can see how attractive he was in the early days. However, towards the end, he looked like he was going to seed a bit, which was probably all the drugs and stress about his relationship taking its toll.

Reactions: 20
That’s interesting because I never really found Paula to be attractive or stylish or enviable in any way. She always came across to me as desperate for male attention and validation. My main memory of her is endless flirting when doing interviews (and I don’t just mean the Big Breakfast, although that was the culmination of her life’s work!) that harsh peroxide haircut, and boobs out. Maybe that’s unfair, but it’s what I remember of her from being a teen in the mid-late 90s.
I always thought she looked like she needed a good bath! She was a right minger!

Reactions: 7
I seem to remember watching just one live version over and over for some reason, ahhhh its coming back to me, it was his bollocks squirming around on a piano. It was on Jools, here you go.

Edit/Update: Mr Merton just passed through to say 'why the feck are you playing that song about dogs from the dead bloke on repeat' and threw a towel at me, the cheek!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I decided to have a look at photos of Paula after she got with Michael to remind myself of her style, and actually I think she kind of looked like a hot mess (in her defence she was hounded relentlessly by the paps, it’s quite shocking to remember how bad it used to be, pre-Diana’s death). Maybe it’s because the bias cut satin dress, cardigan and tiara looks exactly like the stuff Courtney love wore, who’s always been a hot mess.

View attachment 1212540

This photo is poignant. All of them dead (apart from Tiger of course) long before their time.

View attachment 1212543
I never got the attraction with MH, he looked a hot mess too. They could do with being less concerned with the cameras and more concerned with the baby’s eyes being covered by her hat.

Reactions: 11
I still love The One Thing and Original Sin. This video is truly awful, though, one of those early 80s ones that would just be thrown together. I think INXS were, and are, excellent but definitely a very 80s band for the most part. Michael was always going to overshadow any group, he was incredibly charismatic. They were a tight band though, and hardworking and talented, imo.

I remember Paula mostly from co-hosting The Tube with Jools Holland, it used to be shown very late at night here in Canada. I seem to remember Paula being quite witty and cool; I loved her look and envied her job. Then later hanging out at Band Aid with Fifi. It's immensely sad how it all went. I've really enjoyed this thread and all the insightful posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I liked INXS and thought Michael was very attractive. Yes it's a shame how everything turned out.

I just thought Peaches had put her wild child days behind her and was a happily married mother of 2. Well she was, but one addicted to drugs.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The INXS sound is very 1980’s. Lots of saxophone which is always a giveaway, although Never Tear Us Apart is having a bit of a revival at the moment. I kind of feel that Michael based his look on Jim Morrison. I never fancied him but I can see how attractive he was in the early days. However, towards the end, he looked like he was going to seed a bit, which was probably all the drugs and stress about his relationship taking its toll.
It was very 80's I was a young teen in the 80's and loved them, and loved all that 80's sound but never really listened to it as I got older.
I agree re Paula. Never thought she was stylish or sexy. She just looked fake and needy most of the time. You could see the insecurity pour off her. Probably what Bob saw too.

Reactions: 9
She looks very thin. Makes me think of how thin Peaches always was, during and after pregnancy. Were they using drugs when Tiger was that young? I can’t remember the timeline of when they got busted for heroin etc.
I think they were taking drugs during this time but not 100% sure. She also apparently ate very little to maintain her figure, although Gerry’s book does refer to her gaining some weight and Michael adoring her new curves.

I think she’s thin and unhealthy here because of a combination of lifestyle (drugs, poor nutrition, lack of sleep) and the stress she felt from her divorce from Bob, the custody wrangles and her feeling like Michael was slipping away from her.

Reactions: 11
Totally agree. I was a bit too young to realise at the time but now he just makes me utterly swoon!
The Gerry Agar book describes the reverence he has for women, sexually. Paula had an infection down below and explained to Michael that sex wasn't possible, he explained that he would work around it sort of thing, and embraced the issue and worked with it, didn't make her feel dirty or uncomfortable, made her feel comfortable and clean if that makes sense? He embraced every part of her womanhood, the good, the uncomfortable, everything, that most men would definitely shy away from. That's as sexy as it comes imho. 🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The Gerry Agar book describes the reverence he has for women, sexually. Paula had an infection down below and explained to Michael that sex wasn't possible, he explained that he would work around it sort of thing, and embraced the issue and worked with it, didn't make her feel dirty or uncomfortable, made her feel comfortable and clean if that makes sense? He embraced every part of her womanhood, the good, the uncomfortable, everything, that most men would definitely shy away from. That's as sexy as it comes imho. 🔥
Or he could have left her to heal and showed love in other ways?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Or he could have left her to heal and showed love in other ways?
That's literally what he did. He didn't force her into anything. The anecdote came from Paula, it was positive and it made her feel safe and loved more than she ever had done before. Way to twist something round mate 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 5
That's literally what he did. He didn't force her into anything. The anecdote came from Paula, it was positive and it made her feel safe and loved more than she ever had done before. Way to twist something round mate 🤦‍♂️
You need to express yourself a bit more clearly then. Wtf does 'work around it mean' lolol.

Reactions: 9
Michael was, IMVHO, pure sex, one of the sexiest and most magnetic men that's ever walked the earth.
Absolutely! ❤

Late 1986/early 1987, I remember being in a pub sat near a new fangled video jukebox & INXS came on. I was completely transfixed by him 😍😛 Boyfriend (we hadn't been together very long) was less than impressed & nearly walked out the pub in disgust! (We're happily married over 35 years later, but MH still makes me tingle & my heart ache for his loss).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.