Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did she say this?
She was also not close to Paula, but chose to live with Bob.

He certainly wasn't flawless or perfect, but most parents are not perfect. Parenting is hard

I guess that most celebs have nannies and not all of them are bad parents. Or working parents also have nannies.
Most children end up calling their parents tit.Celeb children maybe even more ungrateful.Only when they have their own do they realise it’s not a easy job.My sister has said this before but has struggled with her son and had to lean on our mum for help.

Reactions: 11
I don't mean it as an insult. I was thinking of how people like Janet Street Porter are on the show. There aren't hundreds of jobs for women on TV.
I didn't see it as an insult tbf. I could see Paula on there as a guest.
She maybe would have gone down the influencer route? So sad she died so young. She was a very interesting person.

Reactions: 10
Most children end up calling their parents tit.Celeb children maybe even more ungrateful.Only when they have their own do they realise it’s not a easy job.My sister has said this before but has struggled with her son and had to lean on our mum for help.
There is parents who struggle and parents who are tit, though. Massive difference. There are parents who are abusive and neglectful and others who find parenting difficult (which we all do).

sometimes people who call their parents tit are not ungrateful but entirely justified.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
True @Silverback but we don’t actually know what level of father BG was. Plenty of celebs leave the raising of their kids to nannies... just step over to the Primrose Hill thread where it’s mentioned Sadi Frost, Pearl Lowe eg all would have lost theirs kids had there not been other people raising their kids.

eitger way, BG seems close with the kids now and that must count for something

Reactions: 4
I’m wondering if the diet pills peaches was taking to stay thin/give her energy were phentermine or adderall and the heroin brought her down so she could sleep.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
What a dreadful thing to do to a little girl who's parents have both died? I know she was kept with her sisters but she needed a parent figure and was kept away from Michaels family so she could be brought up by a nanny. Nannies dont often stay with a family for generations, I wonder whether she didnt feel she could leave the girls to another nanny? Their parents barely did any parenting by the eounds of it.
I think being close to her sisters is exactly what she needed though. And I'm not sure if tiger was raised by the same nanny as her sisters but I came across peaches and the other 2 girls' nanny on insta after her passing and they were extremely close and she still remains close to the other 2 till this day. She regularly mentions them in passing and they have their little traditions and a genuinely strong bond. You would believe she was an aunt or some other form of blood relative with how close and affectionate they are to one another. I believe it would be the same for tiger, I can't imagine her sisters allowing her to be brought up by someone who lacks motherly warmth and instinct. It really warms my heart to know that they had (and still have) her in their life. It completely changed my idea of nannies.

I think being close to her sisters is exactly what she needed though. And I'm not sure if tiger was raised by the same nanny as her sisters but I came across peaches and the other 2 girls' nanny on insta after her passing and they were extremely close and she still remains close to the other 2 till this day. She regularly mentions them in passing and they have their little traditions and a genuinely strong bond. You would believe she was an aunt or some other form of blood relative with how close and affectionate they are to one another. I believe it would be the same for tiger, I can't imagine her sisters allowing her to be brought up by someone who lacks motherly warmth and instinct. It really warms my heart to know that they had (and still have) her in their life. It completely changed my idea of nannies.
Just to add, I know some nannies stay friendly with families and children - it really depends on the family and nanny’s relationship.

Reactions: 5
Just seen that Rupert Everett is on Piers Moran's life stories. He talks about his six year long affair with Paula. Six years 😮. He said Bob knew.
BTW this is such a stretch - but I've read comments that Pixie looks more like Michael Hutchence than Bob, but what about Rupert? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Just seen that Rupert Everett is on Piers Moran's life stories. He talks about his six year long affair with Paula. Six years 😮. He said Bob knew.
BTW this is such a stretch - but I've read comments that Pixie looks more like Michael Hutchence than Bob, but what about Rupert? 🤔
My mum thinks Pixie is the daughter of Terence Trent D’Arby 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just to add, I know some nannies stay friendly with families and children - it really depends on the family and nanny’s relationship.
Oh yeah definitely! I had just never saw a nanny who was that much of a motherly figure. To the point where she even bakes for them regularly nd posts for their bdays as if they are her own. Its nice to know.

I saw Bob, on numerous occasions, sitting on the floor of the old Top Shop in Canterbury awaiting a daughter to emerge from the changing rooms. He always came across as involved.
There's so much we don't see or know about them! But from surface level I always felt he was very involved too.

Reactions: 6
I remember reading about Rupert Everett's affair with Paula in his book but, six years! Such a long time. Do we know the timeline and if it covers any of Paula's pregnancies? 🤔
Pixie does look more like TTD than Hutchence! But ultimately I believe she's Bob's. There's photos of him in his younger days and Pixie does resemble him, but her looks aren't as genetically strong as the other 3 girls. Mainly though, if she was Michael's daughter, or if any of them weren't fathered by Bob I feel Paula would have made that known so that Bob wouldn't get custody of all her kids.

The Rupert Everett affair reminds me that I read years ago that apparently Bob used to go out with Claire King from Emmerdale 😲around the time he was going out with Paula. Though Bob's denied it but I think Claire King was adamant about it in her autobiography.

• Wow
Not sure about Pixie being TTD’s or Ruperts, if I remember rightly she was very much planned and tried for,she used to mention it a lot in interviews and her book etc. Peaches too. Obviously this doesn’t mean a thing..😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can't see any similarities in any of the Geldof girls.
I've always thought that Fifi and Pixie take after Bob and Peaches after Paula, while Tiger Lily is 100% Michael. Then, I've also thought at times that Pixie and Tiger look quite alike. I've seen pictures of Fifi with a blonde crop where she looks a bit like Paula whereas she looks nothing like her when she has dark hair. It's true, though that Fifi, Peaches and Pixie don't/didn't look much alike at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think Bob and Paula had some sort of open marriage but she took it beyond what was agreed with Hutchence.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.