Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Peaches lived in New York with her first husband Max, and wrote a column for NYLON magazine? She got absolutely slated and mocked. Tbf not surprisingly as they were incredibly pretentious. Almost like a parody - but they weren't. Brooklyn Beckham reminds me a bit of her (though I think she was far brighter than him). Aimless, but overly confident. Both would have benefitted from not being born to famous parents or having unearned money.

Anyway here is her first article for NYLON.

Oh sweet Jesus, that is very Brooklyn-esque, no wonder people took the piss out of her. The references to the cobbled streets of London - did she grow up in Dickensian times?

How long was she married to Max for?

Reactions: 13
Remember when Peaches lived in New York with her first husband Max, and wrote a column for NYLON magazine? She got absolutely slated and mocked. Tbf not surprisingly as they were incredibly pretentious. Almost like a parody - but they weren't. Brooklyn Beckham reminds me a bit of her (though I think she was far brighter than him). Aimless, but overly confident. Both would have benefitted from not being born to famous parents or having unearned money.

Anyway here is her first article for NYLON.

It’s very GCSE English, isn’t it…

Reactions: 7
Oh sweet Jesus, that is very Brooklyn-esque, no wonder people took the piss out of her. The references to the cobbled streets of London - did she grow up in Dickensian times?

How long was she married to Max for?
I think the marriage lasted 6 months

Reactions: 3
@Clairer86 I hope this isn’t intrusive, but as an addict in recovery, do you think Peaches planned her last fix? Not as a suicide bid, but would she have realised it could kill her? She was under the care of a clinic in Maidstone and prescribed Methadone, I believe.

I remember a thread on Mumsnet about her death and every poster was singing her praises and saying what a brilliant and beautiful mother she was and how tragic she had died - until the news broke she’d died of a heroin overdose, and suddenly no-one wanted to discuss her life anymore. As if being an addict stopped her from being a human being, in need of compassion and dignity, even in death.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
@Clairer86 I hope this isn’t intrusive, but as an addict in recovery, do you think Peaches planned her last fix? Not as a suicide bid, but would she have realised it could kill her? She was under the care of a clinic in Maidstone and prescribed Methadone, I believe.

I remember a thread on Mumsnet about her death and every poster was singing her praises and saying what a brilliant and beautiful mother she was and how tragic she had died - until the news broke she’d died of a heroin overdose, and suddenly no-one wanted to discuss her life anymore. As if being an addict stopped her from being a human being, in need of compassion and dignity, even in death.
Not me. I got burned on that thread for showing her empathy when it became clear she'd been using and that was the cause of death.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not me. I got burned on that thread for showing her empathy when it became clear she'd been using and that was the cause of death.
Mumsnet posters - some of them - don’t know the meaning of the word compassion, nor the true nature of addiction. I’ve never read such a judgemental site in my life. You need to be married, live in North London, have 2 perfect children and post about the best primary school for little Wilbur and Alice, before you can communicate with anyone else on there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I get the feeling a lot of the people on there have some kind of issues and/or eating disorders and are doing exactly what Peaches did- faking their amazing wholesome lives and earth motherliness to pretend they are what they want to be. They are very judgmental. No one is that perfect, yet Mumsnet is full of people who are ( allegedly)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Was her second husband into drugs?

Did he just think she was on methadone?
My impression was that he was not using drugs although possibly would have experimented when younger (note I don't judge - I've never done anything harder than marijuana but my partner and friends have dabbled in hard drugs).

His story was that he found heroin in the house a few weeks (or months) before and made her flush it down the toilet. I had some doubts about his and his parents account of events.

Reactions: 13
I get the feeling a lot of the people on there have some kind of issues and/or eating disorders and are doing exactly what Peaches did- faking their amazing wholesome lives and earth motherliness to pretend they are what they want to be. They are very judgmental. No one is that perfect, yet Mumsnet is full of people who are ( allegedly)
Every meal is a wholesome healthy and nutritional homemade organic affair! #fuckoff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t think he had any idea she was using again because surely he would have kept the youngest child with him as well?

Reactions: 4
I don’t think he had any idea she was using again because surely he would have kept the youngest child with him as well?
Also, why would she have taken drugs when she had just asked for the baby to be dropped back to her? Surely she would have wanted both kids out of the house if she was planning on using, and they were out of the house. That poor child alone with his mother.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Also, why would she have taken drugs when she had just asked for the baby to be dropped back to her? Surely she would have wanted both kids out of the house if she was planning on using, and they were out of the house. That poor child alone with his mother.
That’s the most bizarre aspect of the whole story. She must have planned to use that night, so why was the baby there? Maybe she thought it wouldn’t affect her much, maybe she thought the baby would sleep through? I really don’t understand. Perhaps the baby was meant to be her reason for NOT using that night. Maybe the baby’s presence was to stave off her craving?

• Sad
Reactions: 18
That’s the most bizarre aspect of the whole story. She must have planned to use that night, so why was the baby there? Maybe she thought it wouldn’t affect her much, maybe she thought the baby would sleep through? I really don’t understand. Perhaps the baby was meant to be her reason for NOT using that night. Maybe the baby’s presence was to stave off her craving?
BIB - my thoughts exactly. I've always thought that her drug use that night was maybe a spontaneous decision? But who knows. I've always thought about the fact that Peaches posted that picture of her and Paula. Could've meant nothing but maybe she was feeling nostalgic or down and shooting up was her default coping mechanism 😥🤷🏻‍♀️ It's the same situation as Paula herself, she apparently hadn't taken heroin for a while but for some reason she felt compelled to on the night before Pixie's birthday, alone with Tiger Lily in the house.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
BIB - my thoughts exactly. I've always thought that her drug use that night was maybe a spontaneous decision? But who knows. I've always thought about the fact that Peaches posted that picture of her and Paula. Could've meant nothing but maybe she was feeling nostalgic or down and shooting up was her default coping mechanism 😥🤷🏻‍♀️ It's the same situation as Paula herself, she apparently hadn't taken heroin for a while but for some reason she felt compelled to on the night before Pixie's birthday, alone with Tiger Lily in the house.
She had large amounts of heroin stashed all over the house, she was a regular user, it's just that the last batch was a higher strength than usual.

Reactions: 21
It’s haunting how Peaches’ death echoed Paula’s.
Wasn't it quire close to the anniversary of Paula's death? Yes maybe she thought having the baby there would be enough to stop her or something, but it wasn't. I thought she had been clean for a while then relapsed.

Reactions: 5
It now seems a bit strange that he didn’t know, considering that she was wandering through shopping centres a few weeks before so totally smacked out that complete strangers could tell she was off her tits.

• Heart
It now seems a bit strange that he didn’t know, considering that she was wandering through shopping centres a few weeks before so totally smacked out that complete strangers could tell she was off her tits.
Uness it was the opposite, and it was totally normal for her to be alone with the kids while off her face, so they saw nothing unusual about it. That would make more sense with the weird timeline story etc. If she was a functioning addict most of the time, maybe it was just one risk too many. If there were drugs all over the house, how did he not know?

Reactions: 14
There is no way he didn’t know, which is why it’s so unfathomable that she was left alone for such a long time and with their baby.

And you can say well oh addicts are good liars or other excuses until you are blue in the face but even though the conspiracy forum linked earlier is wild, one thing it did do well was show photos from all the days leading up to her death and even from those it’s screaming loud and clear this is not someone who should have been left alone let alone with a baby.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.