Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Oh no, your mother was murdered? This is a whole dramatic event in itself. Such a terrible thing, I am really sorry for all your losses.

You seem to be so stable and sure of your own identity - you must be a very strong person having had this upbringing.
I cannot imagine being so clear and mature after having had such a childhood.

Have you had therapy (if you don't mind me asking)? Did you ever consider writing about your experience?

I am not sure how Peaches could "connect" to her mother by also taking heroin. How can this help her to connect to her? Wouldn't Peaches be just high in her own reality?

Reactions: 3
I obviously have no idea but this is just my thoughts...peaches obviously loved her mother and she missed her terribly and I believe she started to take it to feel closer to her mother? Idk just my thoughts.

Reactions: 5
I obviously have no idea but this is just my thoughts...peaches obviously loved her mother and she missed her terribly and I believe she started to take it to feel closer to her mother? Idk just my thoughts.
Yes, I understand this train of thought, but how would you feel closer to her?

For example, I could relate to Peaches living in Notting Hill, where her mum used to live - walk the same streets etc
Or listening to the same music, watching her former shows etc Reading the same books.
But I would have felt that heroin is a different / individual experience for everyone involved, so don't quite understand it.

Reactions: 2

I think just the act itself would have made her feel closer (in her own way), just the sheer kick of it probably gave her a warped idea of feeling closer to her I imagine...

Reactions: 8
I think just the act itself would have made her feel closer (in her own way), just the sheer kick of it probably gave her a warped idea of feeling closer to her I imagine...
Yes and maybe the ‘why did she choose this drug what’s so good about it?’. From what I’ve read in the past and also this thread peaches had substance abuse issues for a long time . Some people just can’t be saved.

Reactions: 7
Yes and maybe the ‘why did she choose this drug what’s so good about it?’. From what I’ve read in the past and also this thread peaches had substance abuse issues for a long time . Some people just can’t be saved.
Peaches was abusing drugs in her mid teens. This wouldn't be hugely public knowledge but she said that she could see her mum when she used sometimes. Tragic, really. I don't think she ever got the support she needed after her mum died..i don't think any of the girls did.

Eta she said this long before she passed away. Before she was even with Cohen

Reactions: 10
I remember been at Glastonbury last time monkeys headlined and seeing her she looked flawlessly beautiful but sooo soo tiny. That’s the only time I’d seen her in person as I’m not from London. She was around the VIP area. If she said that when she used she saw her mother that’s so sad .

Reactions: 7
I didn’t know pixie is pregnant that’s lovely, she doesn’t use Instagram as much as she used to but I like her.
Is Fifi still with her husband?

Reactions: 5

I’ve been wresting with myself about responding to this as I don’t like to openly talk of my past. Ex addict here with children who saved me from that life. I can categorically say I’d be horrified if they ever tried the drug I was addicted to feel close to me. When I took drugs I was at my unhappiness point of my life to escape, I saw no way out and wanted to die. Drugs eased the pain of the day. I never want any child or even ad they come adults to experience such pain and suffering. This may/may not help but felt I should respond.

Reactions: 23
Her mother was no great role model for her so combine that with poor mental health and severe drug addiction and it meant her life would be a long uphill walk.

I might write in to Andrew Marr and suggest this technique to get people a bit more interested in politics!
Please don't. The next politician on in that scenario would probably be Bojo

Anyone know where I can watch theMystify doc?
It was on BBC4.

I remember watching it and crying. Poor Michael was a very sensitive soul and just a beautiful looking man. His brain injury was truly tragic

Noel Gallagher was absolutely vile to him at an awards ceremony and they showed that in the documentary. Twitter was not happy with noel when it aired thankfully. What a douche he was

Anyone know where I can watch theMystify doc?
It was on BBC4.

I remember watching it and crying. Poor Michael was a very sensitive soul and just a beautiful looking man. His brain injury was truly tragic

Noel Gallagher was absolutely vile to him at an awards ceremony and they showed that in the documentary. Twitter was not happy with noel when it aired thankfully. What a douche he was

A friend of a friend is an ex nanny for the family and I cannot explain how much I wanna ask questions but how would you ever go about it sensitively? What would you ask?

Reactions: 3
Did the nanny used to feature a lot on peaches Instagram? If it’s her I doubt she’d say much other than nice things.

I’d ask how the hell Bob Geldof got custody of a child completely unrelated to him, born to a man he publicly despised, when her paternal blood family in Australia were desperate for her to be with them.
Friends in extremely high places.

Reactions: 17
Good question!! I would ask why didn’t anyone do more to help peaches? Especially in her teen years very early adult life when it was clear she was on hard drugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.