Part Time Working Mummy #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand I’m just thinking how the boys must have felt because he is their dad after all not edies, she has a dad she sees, it would have been confusing enough for them with josh leaving their mum.
Looking at the age of them i would guess they were too young to understand.
My youngest has a differant dad to my older children and he calls him by his real name, always has because it was obviously his "normal" 🤣

Reactions: 1
As she puts her kids out there for everyone to see i think we have a right to comment. As the mod put on an earlier thread if you don't like whats being discussed just scroll past.
Agree, alot of people trying to moderate what's put on these threads. She puts her whole life out there, so it's going to be discussed.
I don't mind my child opening my presents but other siblings, no that's not fair.

Reactions: 11
The issue for me is is that R has firmly placed it in E's head that she can 'loose her mind' if she doesn't get what she wants. This comment is made weekly about E.
This isn't going to go down well when the baby is born and there is noone to pander to E because the baby needs the attention.

Reactions: 15
Looking at the age of them i would guess they were too young to understand.
My youngest has a differant dad to my older children and he calls him by his real name, always has because it was obviously his "normal" 🤣
My sons call my husband by his 1st name (they dont see their real dad) but buy gifts on Fathers Day as he is like a dad to them. So I just think every family has their own way of doing things. As long as its a healthy relationship its all good in my eyes. But my main issue (not the only one!) is the lack of evidence as to where all the money went that she has received from the many caring and wonderful donators out there....

Reactions: 7
Agree, alot of people trying to moderate what's put on these threads. She puts her whole life out there, so it's going to be discussed.
I don't mind my child opening my presents but other siblings, no that's not fair.
It’s not an attempt to moderate at all, but the whole thread has been kept actually civil. It hasn’t been about nit picking , it’s been based on facts and genuine concerns . This thread was never to discuss her “whole life “ it actually has a really serious theme to it . I honestly think that discussing such tiny elements just makes those posting it look like they are trying to pick at things to discuss instead on concentrating on the actual issues.

Like I said not an attempt to moderate at all. Just a difference of opinion 👌🏻

Reactions: 13
I understand I’m just thinking how the boys must have felt because he is their dad after all not edies, she has a dad she sees, it would have been confusing enough for them with josh leaving their mum.
She didnt see him for over 2 yrs. The boys were likely part of the process. The kids all know who is who. Non-issue really.

Reactions: 6
I don't disagree with you, yes we safeguard children, but you cannot compare those cases to this there is no comparison.

There are so many malicious reports made to SS each one has to be followed up wasting valuble resources, and that is exactly how it would be viewed by anyone other than an official source, school etc and she would scream troll.

Schools have procedures, midwives etc and they must have had SS involvement at some point due to all the family court system processes they have been through. There may be ongoing involvement she is not going to broadcast that.
According to a previous poster, school have called the police on one occassion, so the chances of her ' falling through the gaps' i would imagine is none.
Whilst i know it's not the be all and end all and mental cruelty leaves no mark but the children are healthy, doing well at school, take part in extra curricular activities.

Do i agree with what she does no, i absolutley do not but clearly those in the know teachers etc do not have serious concerns or else they would have acted on it, theres no way due to her public lifestyle they could avoid it, also i imagine the way ptwm has conducted herself with school (eg the bag search incident) that just draws attention to her 'lax' parenting.

I think some people are out to get her at any cost, over analysing every little thing .. so one of the boys wouldn't get out of bed and she said ' oh thats good of him' I would have said exactly the same thing in that situation, parenting is horses for courses.
I agree I get the feeling some posts are just nit picking like you say “at any cost”

However people do fall through the cracks. I work in a sector that picks these people up. I’ve seen people you would think have LA breathing down their necks ... but they don’t and serious case reviews after a terrible event pick up the reasons after.

I think we are agreeing on the whole. I believe the kids are well and being cared for .... but I think there is no harm in education etc. Talking openly about thresh holds , SS and LA, is education for everyone about safeguarding - even outside of PTWM.... I’ve certainly learnt about different things I wasn’t aware of from the conversations had here x

Edited to add- watching the video I spotted a apple desktop computer ... one of the girls was scrolling on an Phone .... S was mentioned to be on an iPhone , R has two phones and a apple laptop Betsy has a phone also , Josh.,. That’s an awful lot of cash isn’t it on phones / laptops etc.... is that where the donations have gone Rach-Ellie?

Reactions: 14
Change of subject.... does anyone else have difficulty deciding where to go first when I get some “me time”. Do I go insta to CHL and Messiah or TAttle to check what’s going down on today’s episode of “where’s the PayPal gone rach” 😛😛

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I agree I get the feeling some posts are just nit picking like you say “at any cost”

However people do fall through the cracks. I work in a sector that picks these people up. I’ve seen people you would think have LA breathing down their necks ... but they don’t and serious case reviews after a terrible event pick up the reasons after.

I think we are agreeing on the whole. I believe the kids are well and being cared for .... but I think there is no harm in education etc. Talking openly about thresh holds , SS and LA, is education for everyone about safeguarding - even outside of PTWM.... I’ve certainly learnt about different things I wasn’t aware of from the conversations had here x
I agree, i suppose my point was she irked enough people in real life, over ruled teachers, publicly slated teachers etc that those people would be the first to pounce if she stepped out of line.

I think we are agreeing on the whole. I believe the kids are well and being cared for .... but I think there is no harm in education etc. Talking openly about thresh holds , SS and LA, is education for everyone about safeguarding - even outside of PTWM.... I’ve certainly learnt about different things I wasn’t aware of from the conversations had here
In my professional life experience I've found it's a sad fact there is a controlling element of abusive families that hide their abuse 'in plain sight'. I'm not convinced that's the situation here.

That said, if we all feel pressed to 'shut up' when we are concerned (not here, irl) those kids will be lost. Better to be wrong than silent.

Reactions: 5
I was fairly active in earlier threads, not in defense of her 100% but asking for hard facts. I do still feel that a lot of what is being banded about here and accepted as truth hasn’t been proven, but i’ve stayed quiet on that. I did want to add though that the boys do go between calling her Rach and Mum. Theres been a few messages and stories on where they call her Mum. Also it seems a little far to be discussing SS, yes the constant coverage of their lives and Rach inviting the world and its goose round isn’t something most people would do however those children are clearly loved, fed, bathed and adored. They always look happy.

At this point and it pains me to say it as i was a fan of hers.... why can she still not answer the donations queries?!?!

It’s taken me all day to read all the posts here and what an eye opener it’s been.

Unfortunately I was one of those people who was sucked in and all I can say is that it ruined my life.

I don’t actually know her, she’s a complete stranger to me but when I was in a low place I would just sit and watch Instagram stories and I stupidly believed that ptwm could offer me some advice given her ‘past’ and ‘training’

How stupid am I feeling now.

Early last year I contacted her on Instagram to ask for some advice re something that was puzzling/worrying me

(I know before anyone says anything, but having no one else to turn to I thought a stranger who didn’t know me would be able to point me in the right direction)

She was full of advice and messaged me all the time over a couple of months to see how I was (I was in a bad place), she offered me to go and stay with her for some ‘time to myself’ which I politely refused as she’s a stranger and lives a good 400 miles away.

Every day I would wake to an Instagram message asking how I was and then telling me i should report my situation, telling me I would feel better for it and would be better for my child, how she would support me and be there as a listening ear.

I did that, eventually as she kind of put a bit of pressure on me and I didn’t know what to do for the best (she kept telling me I would loose my child if I didn’t report for advice) ......and I told her what I’d done and what was happening and that my relationship with my other half had fallen apart then bam.......nothing. Not a message or reply to the ones I sent her. She read all my messages but never once replied to them, not even to acknowledge them.

Thankfully nothing came of it and it had been blown out of proportion (wasn’t as bad as she told me it was) and we’re back together and working on things and I’m in a better place, but what if I wasn’t? Where would the support and listening ear have been that she promised as at the time she knew i was alone with no family or friends I could turn to)

I no longer follow her, stopped after she blatantly ignored me, knowing fine well what I was going through and after she had encouraged me too, but I was alerted to this site through others talking about it on Instagram and wanted to say she’s a horrible nasty person who gives no fucks about anyone but herself.

I wish and hope that more and more people come forward and I can only feel sorry for the ones that do approach her for help thinking that she is able to offer advice and support, only they’ll realise when they’re in a really low place that she too doesn’t give a tit.

I hope that she does get found out for the person she really is and I hope it’s soon.
That sounds like she was thriving on your bad situation and telling you what to do instead of just listening and being a support.

• Sad
That said, if we all feel pressed to 'shut up' when we are concerned (not here, irl) those kids will be lost. Better to be wrong than silent.
Absolutely! I think probably because of my line of work... I’m used to spotting what is a concern and what isn’t. Opinions often aren’t even entertained in the respect of what we think is going on - unless we can back it up. We don’t let our personal feelings cloud judgement ..... I forget to take of that hat sometimes and forget it a forum 😂

Absolutely! I think probably because of my line of work... I’m used to spotting what is a concern and what isn’t. Opinions often aren’t even entertained in the respect of what we think is going on - unless we can back it up. We don’t let our personal feelings cloud judgement ..... I forget to take of that hat sometimes and forget it a forum 😂
I know EXACTLY where you're coming from 🙌

Reactions: 3
I try to avoid judging their parenting and family life or whatever and focus more on the worrying financial stuff but that being said...

Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for Betsy having bought Josh presents with her own money for Raechaelelelele to make fun of them? She made fun of them when she brought them home and again when he opened them. I have real trauma from a narcissistic family member making comments about stuff like this to me when I was a kid, it leaves a mark.
My son once bought his Dad a tin opener for his birthday. Went out with his own money and bought it himself. We laugh about it now, years later, but at the time no one laughed and made fun of him. He’d thought it through and in his mind it was a good present and that’s all that’s important. I felt sorry for Betsy being laughed at when she’d thought she had bought a good present. To hear R cackling “it’s too small” was sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My son once bought his Dad a tin opener for his birthday. Went out with his own money and bought it himself. We laugh about it now, years later, but at the time no one laughed and made fun of him. He’d thought it through and in his mind it was a good present and that’s all that’s important. I felt sorry for Betsy being laughed at when she’d thought she had bought a good present. To hear R cackling “it’s too small” was sad.
That's a good kid right there ❤

Reactions: 9
Change of subject.... does anyone else have difficulty deciding where to go first when I get some “me time”. Do I go insta to CHL and Messiah or TAttle to check what’s going down on today’s episode of “where’s the PayPal gone rach” 😛😛
Lol.. I do! I barely go on insta anymore

Reactions: 3
YES!! tattle usually wins then I have to go to Insta and check stories out so really need to do Insta first 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.