Part Time Working Mummy #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can understand what you’re saying but unfortunately I think it’s all so interlinked and difficult to draw the line. At the end of the day private swimming lessons are quite a luxury and it’s all evidence of the huge change in lifestyle-potentially funded by her misleading followers. I may be wrong but I highly doubt Tallulah was getting private swimming lessons a few years ago.

I think the best thing we can do is to respect all posters rights to an opinion- unless they are downright spiteful or rude- which I don’t think commenting on private swimming lessons is. We don’t have to agree with everything everyone says or posts but if we shut down peoples right to comment on such things we’re hardly any better on her.
Just my two pence worth 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Can anyone give me any advice on doing the asa complaints form re the rescue remedy ads cos I’m really not sure what to pick category wise

Reactions: 1
I can understand what you’re saying but unfortunately I think it’s all so interlinked and difficult to draw the line. At the end of the day private swimming lessons are quite a luxury and it’s all evidence of the huge change in lifestyle-potentially funded by her misleading followers. I may be wrong but I highly doubt Tallulah was getting private swimming lessons a few years ago.

I think the best thing we can do is to respect all posters rights to an opinion- unless they are downright spiteful or rude- which I don’t think commenting on private swimming lessons is. We don’t have to agree with everything everyone says or posts but if we shut down peoples right to comment on such things we’re hardly any better on her.
Just my two pence worth 😊
Agreed; for me, until I know otherwise, I have to assume she is spending donations on herself and her family and anything she posts that suggests a lifestyle that contradicts their basic income I am going to highlight and, to be frank, get annoyed by. They are spending a lot of money on many things that other hardworking families simply cannot afford. Until they can categorically prove that they are entirely funding this themselves, I think we have a right to continue questioning.

Interestingly, a lot of people have commented saying that have unfollowed here and yet her follower numbers have increased today.

Reactions: 9
Your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator

I am writing further to your email dated 28 June 2019 . We have looked at your concerns and for the reasons explained in this email we consider that your complaint is outside of our remit.

The complaint

funds possibly being misappropriated or falsely acquired

Our role

Part of our role is to investigate complaints from members of the public about fundraising practice where these cannot be resolved by the fundraising organisations themselves. We do so by considering whether the fundraising organisation has complied with the Code of Fundraising Practice (the Code), which outlines the legal requirements and best practice expected of all charitable fundraising organisations across the UK. Where poor fundraising practice is judged to have taken place, we can make recommendations for remedy and implement changes to the Code.

Reasons for our decision

As explained above, our role is to investigate concerns relating to the fundraising practice of charities and fundraising organisations. From considering your complaint it appears that your concerns relate to potential fraudulent activity carried out by an individual, rather than fundraising practice. On this basis, your concerns are outside of our remit.

However, it is our view that your concerns may be of interest to Action Fraud and the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA). Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud and cyber-crime reporting centre. The service is run by the City of London Police working alongside the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and you can read more about their work via this link to their website:http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
You can report your concerns to Action Fraud using their online reporting service: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud.

The ASA is the UK’s independent regulator of advertising across all media. You can read more about them by visiting their websitehttps://www.asa.org.uk/. You can also report your concerns to them by completing their complaints form :https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Perhaps in the light of this reply someone could take this up...I don't know all the details as I don't follow her and only sent a basic outline. More detail could now be sent to the places recommended.

I’ve reported her to action fraud 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can anyone give me any advice on doing the asa complaints form re the rescue remedy ads cos I’m really not sure what to pick category wise
I usually pick 'In-app' then in the description explains its Instagram and put a link to the add, and also upload a screenshot. I think 'Online: within a company's own, or other website' would fit too.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just noticed with following her for a while a definite shift in what’s she’s posting ... and it almost seems like she’s trying to come across all sweetness and light but I almost feel she’s laughing at her followers because she thinks it’s a way to cover everything up and get away with it
I feel so sorry for the people that have donated with a good heart and she’s not had the decency to ever thank them or share how it’s helping people
In contrast I follow someone who did a charity event for equipment for her disabled daughter and she posted as she did it showed the order form of what she had bought x

Kiss cub is amazing, the most inspiring person I've ever found on insta, she deserves all the gifted things, not that she gets any!
Absolutely :) ... and she never asks for anything either or advertise ! but would thoroughly deserve a gift you’re right xx

Reactions: 3
I’ve just noticed with following her for a while a definite shift in what’s she’s posting ... and it almost seems like she’s trying to come across all sweetness and light but I almost feel she’s laughing at her followers because she thinks it’s a way to cover everything up and get away with it
I feel so sorry for the people that have donated with a good heart and she’s not had the decency to ever thank them or share how it’s helping people
In contrast I follow someone who did a charity event for equipment for her disabled daughter and she posted as she did it showed the order form of what she had bought x
Yes, I follow someone who donates £4 each time from a particular T-shirt she sells and she often gives updates as to the amount raised and what the next target is. She also shows proof & thank you info from the actual charity. Really not difficult to show if all is above board and the donations are really given to charity.

Reactions: 13
How do you know? How do you know the other kids weren’t in shot (because R is taking notice of the stuff that is said here) or that they didn’t turn up? How do you know what lessons cost? It’s this sort of snark that takes away from the issues that need addressing - the ones that have been highlighted several times. It feels like there should be a thread for the financial, safeguarding and doxxing issues and one where people can just be snide if that’s what floats their boat - which is going to come across as jealousy and bitterness
It isn't snide, it's not the first time she's posted shots of an empty pool with just Edie in it ! And I am sorry but private lessons do cost a lot more than group ones, and it is all part of the same thing, if she wasnt misaproproating funds she wouldn't be able to afford them. Please don't say what people can and can't comment on, that makes you no different to her !

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I’m part of the PTA for my little one’s school. At the end of each academic year we have to account for EVERY SINGLE ITEM OF FOOD/CLOTHING/MONEY that was donated. Literally, even old clothes are itemised and when distributed to the Soup Kitchen, are logged and accounted for. Even old pairs of socks and underwear. This is at our little village school!! To say that she can’t (won’t) account for the donations that mugs like me gave IN GOOD FAITH is nothing short of astounding. This is like giving money to Oxfam, only to see them reach into the till and spend the money on a night-time jolly. Then for them to shout ‘troll’ when you wonder ‘what the actual duck is going on?!?!’. I also just can’t get over her brazen, bullying attitude to it all. I work 12 hours every day full time doing shift work. I’ve missed both my children’s sports days. I’d love to get my children private swimming lessons but can’t afford it. To watch someone who used to be like me, now living it up most probably on the back of donations that people like me gave is a really bitter pill to swallow. I really would like my money back.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve reported her to action fraud 👌🏻
The other points to think about are as follows; is she paying tax to HMRC on donations. Shes paying 2 admin staff plus herself and husband a wage, allegedly. Does this not constitute running a business, why is it not registered? If it's not registered as a limited company then is she liable personally if things go wrong and shes outed and people want their donations back. Surely she would have to answer to HMRC if they ask questions. Sorry if this has been covered and I've missed it

Reactions: 10
even the name Part Time Working Mummy is untrue as she keeps banging on about working full time.

Maybe she should change that like she changed good old Rachel eh?

Reactions: 8
The other points to think about are as follows; is she paying tax to HMRC on donations. Shes paying 2 admin staff plus herself and husband a wage, allegedly. Does this not constitute running a business, why is it not registered? If it's not registered as a limited company then is she liable personally if things go wrong and shes outed and people want their donations back. Surely she would have to answer to HMRC if they ask questions. Sorry if this has been covered and I've missed it
I don’t want to give too much away due to prying eyes, but another poster is on the case with this.

Reactions: 10
I’m part of the PTA for my little one’s school. At the end of each academic year we have to account for EVERY SINGLE ITEM OF FOOD/CLOTHING/MONEY that was donated. Literally, even old clothes are itemised and when distributed to the Soup Kitchen, are logged and accounted for. Even old pairs of socks and underwear. This is at our little village school!! To say that she can’t (won’t) account for the donations that mugs like me gave IN GOOD FAITH is nothing short of astounding. This is like giving money to Oxfam, only to see them reach into the till and spend the money on a night-time jolly. Then for them to shout ‘troll’ when you wonder ‘what the actual duck is going on?!?!’. I also just can’t get over her brazen, bullying attitude to it all. I work 12 hours every day full time doing shift work. I’ve missed both my children’s sports days. I’d love to get my children private swimming lessons but can’t afford it. To watch someone who used to be like me, now living it up most probably on the back of donations that people like me gave is a really bitter pill to swallow. I really would like my money back.
I feel bad enough and I didn’t donate but bought the book and defended her to others. My husband left the house at 7:30 today and isn’t due home for another hour or so, he missed both sports days for our children and we can’t afford half the things they can - we don’t even have a car. I hope you all get refunds as it’s sickening watching them carry on without a care in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel bad enough and I didn’t donate but bought the book and defended her to others. My husband left the house at 7:30 today and isn’t due home for another hour or so, he missed both sports days for our children and we can’t afford half the things they can - we don’t even have a car. I hope you all get refunds as it’s sickening watching them carry on without a care in the world.
I know and being so aggressive when questioned ? It just goes to show her absolute sense of entitlement

Reactions: 8
Hi guys,

I've been following the threads for sometime but haven't posted until now. I followed PTWM from the very beginning and was drawn in by her earlier stories as I myself has experienced the abuse growing up that she apparently did. I found it incredible that someone could be so open on social media in front of hundreds of thousands of people of the awful things she went through as I would never have the balls to myself. I struggle even thinking of things I went through let alone tell the world. I was in awe of her for that.

However, as time went on, she seemed to have a dramatic story behind every usual mundane thing in life which seemed too far fetched. I started to question whether she was exaggerating things in her life for entertainment and engagement purposes and her page was becoming more of a soap opera rather than real life. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but be transparent about it.

I almost set up a standing order for her PayPal account after hearing the horrendous stories of her warriors, however I had niggling doubts. Maybe the fact that I'd be donating to a strangers personal account rather than a charity is what threw me off. I know that many did donate though without even questioning it.

What got me is that lost from December. She was talking about a warrior and what a tit day she had and throwing in there that she needed a deposit to buy her home from the landlady. I didn't see how that was relevant to the warrior. I knew as soon as i read it that her 'crew' were going to come up with a fundraising campaign for her,. Maybe she also knew... hence why she threw it in the post? But what gets me the most is December is the same month that she found out she's pregnant... coincidence?

Since then her Instagram page seems to be all about her and her homelife. She doesn't post on her Facebook page anywhere near as much as she used to and rarely are there any posts of her helping out DA victims anymore. This is what has probably triggered donators to question where their money is going. Especially with the hypocrisy of her screaming she's skint one minute and showing off a mulbury bag the next. I would say her finances absolutely have nothing to do with the public however, if she's taking money off the public then it absoultely does. Especially when that money has been taken under pretence.

I was disgusted when I saw her reply on joshes post, as I've been following the thread for a while, I knew as I was reading it that there was no plotting and planning to troll his account, no personal attacks on kidscape employees and there had been no answer to where the PayPal donations have been going. From her crying fit about tattle a few weeks ago I knew there had been no poll and no wishes of harm to her baby. She's a down and out LIAR and this understandably has fuelled those who have donated who only wanted their questions answered. The lies have also confirmed to me that the majority of her 'stories' are probably lies too! To draw in the followers to gain more fame and profit.

With regards to her wording on her PayPal account, I see no reference that she will be taking a salary from the donations? It does say that she wants regular donations so that she has the time to help the warriors and charities etc, otherwise she will have to run regular campaigns which would eat up her time that could be spent actively helping them instead... not so that she can give up work commitments and take a salary from it? Does anyone else see that? If I'm correct then surely this is fraud? Like someone going house to house scamming old ladies to donate to none-existant charities. Those scammers would be prosecuted... how is this any different?

For the record I don't have anything personal against this woman, what I am against is vulnerable people being scammed and lied to for someone's gain. And then that gain being flaunted and those questioning it being slandered and abused!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I’ve mailed all the mums on our WhatsApp group about this issue. People need to be vigilant of who they give their money to. Feel bad for the ‘proper’ influencers (not the 2-bit frauds like R) who are crowdfunding as it’s made me lose my trust in them also. It must be difficult to look around your house and belongings and think that it’s been bought by the blood, sweat and tears of others huh Rach?

Reactions: 7
I totally agree x
I work in a hospital and if we get a kind donation of a box of chocolates or box of teabags from patients relatives ( both much appreciated !) but they are logged by our ward clerk and who they are from. Letters are sent to say thank you for any monetary donations with often the family coming in and having a pic if they want to do so x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.