Part Time Working Mummy #23 A patchwork family you've created? Half your content's fabricated!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know Revolting Raquel likes to overshare and blow her own trumpet. I imagine it's something that she's prob said to the kids along the lines of
"i've gotta pay such and such out today so I've no more money for Maccies till the paypal funds clear, you'll have to have the fruit my henpecked husband forces you to eat"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Has she not shot herself in the foot by showing that tho. When they moved into that house she didn't do ads and there was no magic book deal that paid for everything, so how did she manage to pay the 1200 a month rent along with all the other bills if not for the PayPal, surely some of her followers will cotton on... You would hope anyway! I feel more and more sorry for josh, I hope he's saving up his pay cheques to make his escape

Reactions: 11
Has she not shot herself in the foot by showing that tho. When they moved into that house she didn't do ads and there was no magic book deal that paid for everything, so how did she manage to pay the 1200 a month rent along with all the other bills if not for the PayPal, surely some of her followers will cotton on... You would hope anyway! I feel more and more sorry for josh, I hope he's saving up his pay cheques to make his escape
yes i remember her sharing the house advert and thinking feck me how can they afford that plus all the other bills on top of it. Me and my husband both work full time and couldn't afford that much in rent, plus feeding and clothing 5 kids, and all the designer gear and meals out they did at the time.

Reactions: 7
That's just speculation. You don't know she was sat down and told that. Betsy could have asked who pays the bills and they told her how they do it.
Speculation, of course, as much of what is written here is, but I doubt that if she was given the information in a mature and sensible way then she would be saying things like “you only own the shower” to her stepfather, as though what you contribute financially to a household determines the level of respect you deserve from the children.

Speculation, of course, as much of what is written here is, but I doubt that if she was given the information in a mature and sensible way then she would be saying things like “you only own the shower” to her stepfather, as though what you contribute financially to a household determines the level of respect you deserve from the children.
That would be the case if there was anything mature or sensible about that woman! Sadly I'm sure she enjoys telling everyone about the fact she pays all the bills and buys all the clothes and food and that is why josh has to do his bit by tidying and cleaning and everything else she needs doing

Reactions: 10
I agree, personally I don’t think it’s any of the kids’ business who pays what. If you’re husband and wife you should be a team. That’s how it works in my household. Every family is different though; different strokes for different folks.
She was using it against J spitefully in an argument. If I ever spoke to my stepdad the way she did, my mum would have lamped me one and sent me to my room, not sat sniggering in the background like a bloody hyena filming it for content.

Reactions: 15
That's just speculation. You don't know she was sat down and told that. Betsy could have asked who pays the bills and they told her how they do it.
Or R could throw it into every conversation where Josh tries to have any say in how things should happen in the house. Just speculating of course.........😉

Reactions: 9
The disgusted look on her face when Edie “backchatted” her but then the glee when Betsy was being so disrespectful to Josh sums her up really.
I would be fuming if my stepchildren spoke to me that way. I’ve been fuming over a lot less when it comes to respect / lack of gratitude / assumptions that “dad pays for everything” (not true but also none of their business). In fact more than fuming, I just wouldn’t put up with it. Much less has caused issues in my own marriage. I wouldn’t want my children living in a house where some of their siblings were allowed to speak to an adult in that way, because they’d either also think it was acceptable or would be unfairly disciplined by R if they did the exact same modelled on what they saw others doing.

Also, Betsy saying he pays the water and electric so he “only owns the shower”.... I’d let the lights go off, no microwave or oven, unplug the router, let them have cold showers and eat only cupboard food for a few days and see how they felt!
Pretty sure her room in the shed would suffer with no electric! If she’s allowed to be petty and disrespectful I would want to do the same back. She’s not a child, she’s a young adult and there’s no hope she’ll develop any respect from here on out if that’s what is encouraged by her mother. She and R clearly think she’s going to become some viral internet sensation being filmed with her sassy attitude, it’s pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Convienent that betsy's lights have blown the day after the chat. I think its fake and shes now backtracking because she knows her daughter is rude and disrespectful.

Reactions: 7
Why does she make out shes thick as tit on weaning... shes had 3 kids prior! Ffs...
And her ads are so fake...pretty obvious shes reading from a pre written sheet... because shes so untrustworthy of being professional off her own back

Why does she make out shes thick as tit on weaning... shes had 3 kids prior! Ffs...
And her ads are so fake...pretty obvious shes reading from a pre written sheet... because shes so untrustworthy of being professional off her own back
Exactly. It’s not rocket science, and you can access information on BLW and traditional weaning anywhere. The HV gives you a bunch of info and there are plenty of other accounts that have been created for that purpose. Why would anyone go to her for advice when her idea of a nutritious breakfast for her kids is a trip to McDonalds. Minus the banana.

Reactions: 6
I think perhaps when you weren’t discussing finances in this context; the fact is Betsy didn’t say that as a fact, she did it to shame him in front of her partner and the internet. So I’d say it’s an educated guess to assume she has been told it in a way that humiliates josh.

I think perhaps when you weren’t discussing finances in this context; the fact is Betsy didn’t say that as a fact, she did it to shame him in front of her partner and the internet. So I’d say it’s an educated guess to assume she has been told it in a way that humiliates josh.
That’s what I thought. A reasonable assumption. And if she was told in a responsible way and was using it against Josh in that moment, R should have immediately stopped her and said no, that’s not ok, you need to stop.

I’ll be honest, I don’t see them lasting. There’s only so much a person can take before they jump ship. Her attitude (and that of her children) will do her no favours when he decides to walk out on her like he did to his ex-wife. How can anyone be ok with being spoken down to the way he is? I’d be out of there like a shot, with my kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I’ll be honest, I don’t see them lasting. There’s only so much a person can take before they either jump ship. Her attitude (and that of her children) will do her no favours when he decides to walk out on her like he did to his ex-wife. How can anyone be ok with being spoken down to the way he is? I’d be out of there like a shot, with my kids.
In fairness Perhaps he feels so bad about doing it before that’s why he stays. Also he’s being downtrodden. Don’t forget their relationship is openly co-dependant, they can’t be apart. He probably thinks she would literally die horrifically of projectile vomiting if he left.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In fairness Perhaps he feels so bad about doing it before that’s why he stays. Also he’s being downtrodden. Don’t forget their relationship is openly co-dependant, they can’t be apart. He probably thinks she would literally die horrifically of projectile vomiting if he left.
I was laughing at that last part btw, not the first part. I actually think that’s pretty sad if it’s true. For someone who supposedly advocates for people stuck in DA relationships, you’d think she’d be able to recognise it in her own home, from her own behaviour. But then, she’s good at preaching to others about kindness. Pity she can’t practice it in her own home and with her own children.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. This is your fourth time.

She definitley isn’t as thick as she makes out. If she just cracked on with weaning behind the scenes like the rest of us, there would be no content, no marketing opportunities and freebies for her and no paycheck 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Sorry can someone please tell me why Paypal is referred to? I’ve only fairly recently dipped into these threads so don’t know the history.

Reactions: 1
Sorry can someone please tell me why Paypal is referred to? I’ve only fairly recently dipped into these threads so don’t know the history.
She has a paypal fund to help survivors of DV and there’s little to no proof as to where it was spent. Anyone asking is usually blocked or branded a troll.

Someone set up a PayPal fund for her to buy the rented house she’s currently in. No one knows what happened to the money and by all accounts the house is still rented. Again, if you ask you’re blocked and your comment deleted.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.