Part Time Working Mummy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Keels I didn’t mean to sue, I meant how to word the response. As your article points out, she has worded the part on her website cleverly and I high doubt she managed that alone so I thought perhaps she is getting another cleverly worded response written to show her as innocent
Ahh. Right. I keep forgetting that she isn’t technically a writer. I just think everyone can rattle words off like I do.
Well. In the beginning, I was expecting a total rebuff, with evidence. Then when I got further into research, I was thinking it would be a half/ half situation where she donated some and kept some. By the time I wrote it, I didn’t have a clue where it had gone 🤷🏻‍♀️, or how much it totalled. Then afterwards, I got more charities contact me back and say they didn’t have anything from her and then messages from people that know her and I was just like ‘that escalated quickly.’
The trouble is, with complete silence, after numerous attempts to contact them for a comment, it can drive you up the wall. So I’ve taken a step back.
No one will ever know how much as it’s all unregistered income. Often there is very little that can be done in the end x

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what's actually happened?
Hi yes. Sorry.
I came on to the thread to voice concerns about the PTWM content. I felt the she was using other people’s vulnerable positions to push her account. (Namely people’s personal stories re suicide or violence or MH difficulties etc) so I was concerned ethically whether that was a good thing to do. I’m a freelance writer (when I can be bothered) and I saw other people’s concerns about other things and started to look a bit deeper in Rachaele and the page.
I found that charities that she claimed to have been raising money for with a PayPal donation page on her website, where not receiving donations. She was also not registered as a charity and the money unaccounted for.
Then I looked into her book and found that she had manipulated her story into a series of accounts where she was the victim. I contacted people, got there accounts and it turned out that she was not really a victim ever, of anything much. One person told me she was a compulsive liar.
So I wrote it all up and people read & shared it. I have tried very hard to get the truth and been met with silence all the way from the PTWM team.
So right now. There is not much of a story. She will carry on and the only people calling it out will be on here.
That’s the long story short version 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14
Would she have to declare the PayPal money she receives to hmrc? Sorry if it’s already be covered x

Reactions: 2
@Keels has asked PTWM to clarify how donations from her followers paid directly into her PayPal account are spent. Some of the charities listed on PTWM have replied that they have not received any money from her. She has not responded to any of the questions or @Keels article she has written (link to article at start of thread).
There are also concerns that some of the stuff written in her book is lies.
Ah thank you, that's awful! I bet she's pocketed it!

Reactions: 1
You would hope, but probably not as it’s donations
Yeah that’s what I thought. No wonder they they can afford to dine like kings at m&s, life the lifestyle they do always eating out etc when other people are funding their lifestyle. I know she’s worded it carefully so technically it’s “ok” but in my eyes it’s still fraud and totally immoral

Maybe put her on your own Instagram and tag her ask her to respond hashtag the duck out of it people will soon look. She can block you but not the hAshtags x

Also that gimme stuff I’m sure they lady sent it to her to go to a refugeee anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Maybe put her on your own Instagram and tag her ask her to respond hashtag the duck out of it people will soon look. She can block you but not the hAshtags x
She does follow the hashtag #ptwm on her Insta as it’s one of the first things at the top of the list when I click on who she is following.

She does follow the hashtag #ptwm on her Insta as it’s one of the first things at the top of the list when I click on who she is following.
Social media wise there is nothing anyone can do alone. It would have to be a massive amount of comments on her page asking her about this.
All I can say is the last thread was accessed 61k times. If you think about it, that’s a lot of people, with all of our conversations. This site is gaining popularity.
Everyday, we need to keep this thread commenting so it doesn’t get hidden in the others. Even if it’s just a check in. Word will spread x

Reactions: 4
Social media wise there is nothing anyone can do alone. It would have to be a massive amount of comments on her page asking her about this.
All I can say is the last thread was accessed 61k times. If you think about it, that’s a lot of people, with all of our conversations. This site is gaining popularity.
Everyday, we need to keep this thread commenting so it doesn’t get hidden in the others. Even if it’s just a check in. Word will spread x
I would still # it I think a lot of people will see it. When you put her name it will come up. You can also put it on Facebook and tag her. Even again if she blocks you when people search her it will come up. Maybe put her name into the articles title as well. She will soon have to anwser if you do it enough. It’s a shame tattle doesn’t have a Facebook group.

Wow. What an eye opening this has been. Wish there was a way to gain this article a lot of exposure quickly. People need to read this!

Would the daily mail not be interested in your article? I know it’s not everyone’s favourite news outlet (especially not mine) but it does have a lot of readers and has recently published an article on the Mrs Meldrum racist comment fiasco and has published articles criticising “mummy bloggers” in the past.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s been mentioned but what about clean honest living? She’s really good at calling people out and has gained quite a following I think

Reactions: 6
Would the daily mail not be interested in your article? I know it’s not everyone’s favourite news outlet (especially not mine) but it does have a lot of readers and has recently published an article on the Mrs Meldrum racist comment fiasco and has published articles criticising “mummy bloggers” in the past.
I’ve passed it too them via a journalist. They only print when they have definite proof that the people donating were duped financially because, she worded it as payment for page/ her on the donation page. She hasn’t broke the law

Out of interest. Has anyone actually tried commenting?
I am just wondering where all the supporters are? Like the crew? I’ve had 1 negative comment about Wikipedia not being a good place for information
Other than that nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think her crew are aware as PTWM has been very tight lipped on the matter and hasn’t mentioned Tattle or screen shot any of your messages to her. Unusual for her as she’s usually the first to do that. All she’s done so far is a few passive aggressive memes on her stories.

Last edited:
If more than 5 people email The Sun regarding the same issue they will assign a reporter to it. Regardless of whether she has/hadn't commited fraud they love a scandal and will investigate like a pig in sh*t. Worth giving it a go.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.