Part time working mummy #18 PP dosh goes on Josh! to get the Ads rollin’ gotta cry stop trolling’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would be beside myself had one of my children missed an exam , resit or otherwise.

I continue to be surprised at what these social media addicts are happy to make public.
It must be weird to live in a constant state of 'I must put that on social media!'

Reactions: 8
It must be weird to live in a constant state of 'I must put that on social media!'
I think at least some influencers think about their content and try and make it interesting, even though they don't always hit the mark.

Half-Truth Hambleton just seems to be on an Insta loop of "Wilby's awake! - "ooh I screwed up the school run again!" - screenshot from some poor soul who is about to read her book - video of someone else cooking for her - another screenshot of a hapless individual wanting a shoutout - an #ad or 4 - random cackling and/or fml-ing - Josh in his pants.

Reactions: 27
I think at least some influencers think about their content and try and make it interesting, even though they don't always hit the mark.

Half-Truth Hambleton just seems to be on an Insta loop of "Wilby's awake! - "ooh I screwed up the school run again!" - screenshot from some poor soul who is about to read her book - video of someone else cooking for her - another screenshot of a hapless individual wanting a shoutout - an #ad or 4 - random cackling and/or fml-ing - Josh in his pants.
I think you’ve summed up her daily Insta content. There is no thought and giving of valuable , interesting content . She’s like Hinch and Meldrum, it’s the same old same old , just like the rest of us.

Reactions: 13
I’m just starting to think how incredibly lonely she must be, despite her family and the friends you see in her stories etc. Joshs stories where she always has her phone in her hand... actually I’m guilty of it. As a single mum Facebook groups became a lifeline to stop me going insane, but she is actually applying more value to 1000s of strangers on the internet attention that anybody else. Yes they (her followers) seem to idolise her, ibut it’s not a different audience to any other influencer. It must be quite sad really.

Reactions: 12
If Edie is having meltdowns regularly it’s probably because she’s dehydrated. Surely if she’s coming home every day from school with a full water bottle you speak to the teacher and get them to monitor it? Hydration is SO important.

Her use of the word “meltdown” when referring to Edie really irks me as a mum to an autistic child. I’d love to show her what a real meltdown is and what my son has to go through daily, then maybe she can stop complaining about her daughter’s temper tantrums that are likely just down to needing some form of discipline. A true meltdown is something else altogether and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Her use of the word “meltdown” when referring to Edie really irks me as a mum to an autistic child. I’d love to show her what a real meltdown is and what my son has to go through daily, then maybe she can stop complaining about her daughter’s temper tantrums that are likely just down to needing some form of discipline. A true meltdown is something else altogether and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.
Thanks for posting this -ditto in our house! An autistic meltdown is something quite different.
I tend to pick my battles, with our household being dominated by SEND, but this does irk me. It’s a tantrum, pure and simple and as such Eddie could be distracted before it kicks in, or strategies can be employed to manage them. Not so with an ASD meltdown.

• Heart
98% attendance equates to four days off school, which is actually quite a lot for one half term.
Is that right 98%is about 4 days absence? I cant work out attendance, my daughter had 2 days off sick, dentist appt and hospital appt, which were at the start of day and only about half hour late into school. Her school sent a letter home saying she was being monitored saying her attendance was 80 something percent! It didn't make any sense to me?

Reactions: 1
Thanks for posting this -ditto in our house! An autistic meltdown is something quite different.
I tend to pick my battles, with our household being dominated by SEND, but this does irk me. It’s a tantrum, pure and simple and as such Eddie could be distracted before it kicks in, or strategies can be employed to manage them. Not so with an ASD meltdown.
Absolutely. My son gets so worked up he starts repeating himself over and over and over again whilst screaming at the top of his lungs. No amount of distraction works, and afterwards we are all drained from it. It’s so hard for him. I get that a lot of people use it as a throwaway comment but to us and our kids it’s more than that. People shouldn’t confuse the two.
I mean Edie- who’s Eddie?! 😁
Maybe it’s another kid they’ve added to their collection. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

THIS 👏🏻
I have two autistic children, one non-verbal and one who’s sensory issues are enormous. A meltdown is because they can’t control their feelings toward a situation and don’t understand. A TANTRUM is because they’re trying to control the situation and are angry they can’t get their own way.

• Heart
I honestly dont believe Edie has all these tantrums she talks about. She would def film and post it. She is trying to mould our perception.

Also does anyone find themselves as funny as R finds herself. give it a rest!

Reactions: 9
Is that right 98%is about 4 days absence? I cant work out attendance, my daughter had 2 days off sick, dentist appt and hospital appt, which were at the start of day and only about half hour late into school. Her school sent a letter home saying she was being monitored saying her attendance was 80 something percent! It didn't make any sense to me?
I think it’s really hard to figure out as it changes constantly with how much time they’ve been in school, then half a day counts as an absence or something? I’m not entirely sure. I’m sure mine had half a day for hospital appt and got 98.something for last half term

Reactions: 2
I think it’s really hard to figure out as it changes constantly with how much time they’ve been in school, then half a day counts as an absence or something? I’m not entirely sure. I’m sure mine had half a day for hospital appt and got 98.something for last half term
Crazy isn't it? We had to go to a funeral and they said she could go but it had to be unauthorised absence, just doesn't make sense to me!

98% attendance equates to four days off school, which is actually quite a lot for one half term.
Does it? My daughters attendance has gone down to 98. (something) in one term. I took her out of school for 2 hours at lunch time for a hospital appt 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.