Part Time Working Mummy #13 All the donations Wilby refunded soon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being the cynic that I am I imagine she wanted a private room to do all of the filming for social media without unknowing strangers being caught on her phone.

When I had one of mine all c-section mums had a side room but that was back in the day and at that time there was a very low c-section rate in my trust , think that’s changed now.

Reactions: 12
I think with the surname the baby has hers so the girls didn’t feel left out with her having the same surname as Josh and the boys. She also markets herself as a patchwork family so names don’t really mean much to them.

When I had my baby my partner could have stayed. He didn’t get a bed just a chair. He chose to go home.

Reactions: 6
Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
My husband stayed with my third as I was quite poorly. We had a private room (paid extra for it) looks like that is what she has? I’m sure if she was on a ward it would be a no no

Reactions: 1
First of all I’m glad that Wilby arrived safe and well, he is a beautiful baby

I too am struggling to understand why josh was allowed to stay overnight though? with all of my children my husband had to leave at 8pm, even when our son was severely poorly and in the special baby care unit he still wasn’t allowed to stay overnight and had to leave single private rooms were only used for women who’s babies were in the special baby care unit or for women who had a still birth and were recovering from a csection etc to have privacy to grieve
So I have wondered why they’re got a private room along with J staying overnight- they must have paid for a private room?

I paid for a private room when my daughter was born and my husband was allowed to stay on a similar pull out chair bed thing. It's not a conspiracy I don't think guys

Again, agree about lil baybee Wilby... It's not his fault his mum's a knob so leave it out.

I think the name is really sweet!

Reactions: 25
Also again as per usual I noticed in the video of Betsy and Talulluah where they were told the news of Wilby, you can see poor Issacs face beaming trying to join in to see the pictures but he’s just left standing there on the side lines while Betsy and tallulah are looking at the photos and hugging... I’ve noticed on quite a few occasions you can see Issac trying to join in and being left on the sidelines

Reactions: 16
He is beautiful! The hair! And I know he’ll be very loved especially by his siblings.

HOWEVER WHERE IS THE PAYPAL MONEY?!

Nice private looking room you have there, Duchess of Torbay. Would be a shame if it was...PAID FOR BY PUBLIC DONATIONS GIVEN BY PEOPLE WHO THINK IT’S BEING DONATED TO DV SURVIVORS.

Reactions: 22
Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
Where I’m giving birth (8 months pregnant currently), there’s a policy where your birth partner can stay the first night with you. I think it’s a great policy! Especially if BP is baby’s father, means my partner can bond with our baby and be there for me.

Reactions: 4
When I had my baby last year partners were allowed on the ward overnight. They had to stay on the chair but they were allowed to stay overnight. We were told it was the first night only but actually they allowed them to stay every night.

I think private rooms were first come first served and probably based on risk/monitoring.
I think it must depend on hospitals to be honest

Reactions: 3
With respect to everyone commenting about Josh staying, as you can see from others’ comments, it really does depend on the hospital. So don’t necessarily think they can be criticised for that. My local hospital is happy for fathers to stay, although they only really have the option of a chair. So it isn’t necessarily unusual, just dependent on area or hospital.

Edit: from Torbay Hospital Maternity section on their website “Due to Health and Safety considerations, only one adult family member or partner may stay overnight on the maternity unit at any one time. This will be for partners following the birth of the baby and for partners of women admitted for Induction of Labour.”

It does also state that private rooms may be paid for if they’re available.

Reactions: 23
When I gave birth last year, our local NHS hospital didn't have wards. Everyone had their own private room and this was standard. No one had to pay anything, you were just given a room and that's where you stayed from start to finish. Partners could stay over and they had a fold out bed. I was very thankful for this as I was very ill and ended up being in hospital for 10 days and my husband stayed with me and the baby the entire time. So it all depends on the hospital and their rules.

Reactions: 11
I don’t agree with what she does but some of you seem hellbent on making up some conspiracy that even the hospital would bend the rules “just for her” or that the PayPal money has magically made it so Josh can stay. So to all the cynics, a quick google search of the hospital and you can see all their policies for the maternity unit and visiting times. I’ve linked below for you.

Reactions: 39
Partners were allowed to stay when I was in hospital. They don’t like it though really as they feel that mothers are at their worst, vulnerable and in pain and it may be uncomfortable for other men to see them like that. It’s easier if you’re in a private room. I was on a ward whilst baby was in SCBU then moved to a private room as baby needed light therapy for jaundice. Just meant people weren’t kept awake by the light.

Reactions: 2
Amen. This is quickly turning into a Mumsnet thread. We really don’t all need to tell our birth stories. Let’s not forget the reason this thread was started.

Reactions: 37
The name does seem a bit made up but I've got some children with unusual ish names - they are names though and not made up - but they suit them and that's ok. We have the odd comment. More that they are very old fashioned though. Wilby is a little bit cool I think and I'd imagine a few more will pop up now.

Sleeping there wise she's just had a baby and a c section so it's good the hospital allow it.

Having not seen much of Seb and Isaac, they are handsome boys aren't they.

She isn't going to do anything regarding responding soon and I think we'd be kidding ourselves, it's technically illegal to 'work' for 2 weeks following birth isn't it? I'm not sure if that applies to s/e people though.

Reactions: 4
If you read the Torbay hospital maternity unit visiting times you’ll see their explanation for partners staying and it’s actually quite positive to reduce anxiety and help bonding. It does obviously say if you’re poorly etc then don’t stay, but other than that they’re all for it.

Yeah I agree. Some people want to, some don’t. There’s no right or wrong. My partner couldn’t stay as I had a toddler. I had a simple natural birth so I was able to look after my baby without help.

Reactions: 2
Amen. This is quickly turning into a Mumsnet thread. We really don’t all need to tell our birth stories. Let’s not forget the reason this thread was started.
I just think we need to leave the children out of it! Regardless of anyone’s views of how they are with Wilby (Betsy carrying him, children naming him etc.). Things like the fact we haven’t seen much of Seb, PTWM has addressed this numerous times over the last year that I know of. Let’s get back to the PayPal money!

Reactions: 13
Where’s the money Rachel/Rachael/Rachaele? Is it just me or would anyone else love to see her birth certificate to see exactly how her name is spelt? Her book, her Facebook page, her documents all have different spellings.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.