Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked Cariad, she talked about the good and bad bits of parenting. I have seen her on QI a few times, but that’s all.
She was often in Murder in Successville with Tom Davies, which is so excellent I am going to see if it has it's own rave thread now I've thought of it

Reactions: 2
I adore Rob, and like Lou's content too but I'm very curious how he's going to make this NFL trip relatable on the podcast 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m just in bed listening to S04E28 with Tom Craine… OMG how can people live like this? I can only assume his eldest son has undiagnosed additional needs perhaps? As it genuinely sounds like a miserable life for all involved. If no additional needs then I feel like they are far too soft with that kid. Letting him decide which way they drive? Still waking up every hour at 3.5 years old? No chance…

Just saw Lou is on tomorrow's show, I'm so excited!

I was really enjoying Rob & Lou's Insta stories at the Superbowl, then they got to the half time show and haven't posted anything since 😔

Hope everything is ok!

Reactions: 5

I was really enjoying Rob & Lou's Insta stories at the Superbowl, then they got to the half time show and haven't posted anything since 😔

Hope everything is ok!
Probably too drunk and didn't want a world cup repeat? 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Hope everything is ok!
Quoting myself, but Rob has posted 😅 panic over 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Aahhhh see for me I don’t mind if they’re not completely relatable to be honest. I don’t think they come across as bragging in the way some influencers do, and that’s where the real issues lie for me with people. Rob & Josh are famous and obviously in lucrative careers, they’re both very very successful and therefore it’s obvious they’re going to have more money & possessions etc than the majority of us. I don’t think there’s much wrong with them discussing that to be honest, I prefer that they’re upfront as it would be worse if we were to find they were taking 5 holidays a year and lying about it on the podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Aahhhh see for me I don’t mind if they’re not completely relatable to be honest. I don’t think they come across as bragging in the way some influencers do, and that’s where the real issues lie for me with people. Rob & Josh are famous and obviously in lucrative careers, they’re both very very successful and therefore it’s obvious they’re going to have more money & possessions etc than the majority of us. I don’t think there’s much wrong with them discussing that to be honest, I prefer that they’re upfront as it would be worse if we were to find they were taking 5 holidays a year and lying about it on the podcast.
I agree and as someone who loves comedy I love hearing about the stuff behind the scenes and all of that they share. Plus for me they both had fairly humble upbringing and seem to appreciate their privilege not rub it in faces. They are funny, likeable guys and money or not, parenting brings up alot of common ground

Reactions: 20
Totally agree with this. I don't want to listen to people who live the same life as me, I do that every day with friends and at work etc. love hearing how the other half live & what people spend all their money on. Doesn't make me envious or annoyed, I love it 😂

Reactions: 19
I’m just in bed listening to S04E28 with Tom Craine… OMG how can people live like this? I can only assume his eldest son has undiagnosed additional needs perhaps? As it genuinely sounds like a miserable life for all involved. If no additional needs then I feel like they are far too soft with that kid. Letting him decide which way they drive? Still waking up every hour at 3.5 years old? No chance…
How weird. I listened to that the other day too. I never think diagnosing strangers is a good idea but as the parent of two children with autism I did find myself hoping that they were at least considering that there might be some underlying cause and accessing the right support (even if the state of services means that’s only other parents to talk to).

How weird. I listened to that the other day too. I never think diagnosing strangers is a good idea but as the parent of two children with autism I did find myself hoping that they were at least considering that there might be some underlying cause and accessing the right support (even if the state of services means that’s only other parents to talk to).
My first thought was ASD/PDA too. Seems like it hasn’t crossed their minds though. It can be a long journey though, and yes, you’re right, services are at breaking point. Which is why it’s important for parents to connect with other parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.