Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lou... if you are keeping updated here... I don't like to ask, but please can you ask Rob to put subtitles on his insta stories so I can understand him while I've got my poorly sleeping baby on me 😂😂

I'm not sure either of them do actually, if you could sort both, thanks so much 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If lou is on here I would love a wee tour of their new home when they get sorted. I just feel her kitchen cabinets would be super organised. Also they need to get her back on the pod.

Reactions: 3
Hope they’re reading this! Get Natalie Cassidy on. She was on chatabix and was so great!
Thanks for the recommendation - just listened and she’s great! Now going to listen to her 2nd episode from last week.

Reactions: 4
I absolutelyadot
I whole heartedly believe Josh will have stress read this whole thread since that recording 😂🙈
100%. Not a chance Josh isn't hovering around now.

I feel happy he'll at least have figured out they're in the Rave Thread 😂

Reactions: 5
I love the podcast, still working my way through episodes as I was late to the party! I must say I have the utmost respect for R&J and wives for keeping their kids off their social media. Interesting (and refreshing) to hear Rob say that he couldn't share an anecdote about one of the girls as she had asked him not to and he was respecting that... although it could leave him with a content problem for the show in the not too distant future if the kids start vetoing all the stories :LOL: The Solomon-Swashes, Hinches, Judds etc could learn a lot from these guys about not using their kids as cash cows!!!

Reactions: 26
Listening to today's Care episode - sad to hear Josh has been drinking to deal with things. The anti-depressants seem like a bad move unless he can stay off them long term.

Rob suggested they take so much work to please others - I wonder if their agent coerce Josh or Rob into taking on too many tv jobs.

Having said that they are both very fortunate they don't have to work 5 late shifts per week in retail for minimum wage - they are fortunate to earn many thousands of pounds per week, they could drop anything work related and take 3 or 6 months off. Not sure Rob's ego would allow him to do that.

Reactions: 9
Josh is annoying AF, and Rob constantly moaning about how tired he is on his Insta stories is a joke. Way to be horrible about your own children, boys. Sheesh.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have the utmost respect for R&J and wives for keeping their kids off their social media.
Me too, but I really want to see Josh's LBs man bun 😂😂

P.S I know this isn't a HISMB thread, but people who were influenced to listen from reading about it here, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: 6
I liked today’s episode. Very honest and from the heart, think Josh was brave to share all that he has been going through, and thought Rob was very supportive. Just goes to show that you never know how people are feeling on the inside, despite what you see on the outside. A good reminder to always be kind.

Reactions: 20
If people don't want to rave about these people could someone set up a non-rave thread, thanks

Reactions: 27
Todays episode (self care) was so good! Really respect Josh for being so honest, he doesn’t have to share those areas of his life. Loved his tyre on a motorway analogy.

Reactions: 16
If people don't want to rave about these people could someone set up a non-rave thread, thanks
I know only certain people can set up threads - I think depending on how old your account is? I’m happy to set a non rave one up if people who would like one are unable to !

Listening to today's Care episode - sad to hear Josh has been drinking to deal with things. The anti-depressants seem like a bad move unless he can stay off them long term.

Rob suggested they take so much work to please others - I wonder if their agent coerce Josh or Rob into taking on too many tv jobs.

Having said that they are both very fortunate they don't have to work 5 late shifts per week in retail for minimum wage - they are fortunate to earn many thousands of pounds per week, they could drop anything work related and take 3 or 6 months off. Not sure Rob's ego would allow him to do that.
I don't think it's Robs ego in the slightest. He has mentioned in the past that he's had the fear that this could all end for him tomorrow so he has previously taken on as much work as he can so that he has future security. He also admitted he's been able to ease himself away from that mindset slightly and doesn't say yes to absolutely everything now. The reason they're probably on TV so much just now is a new season of Rob and Romesh and having to "do the rounds" for it. Also, he filmed something recently that looked like it was a Christmas special. I'm guessing he can't dictate other shows schedules 😂

Reactions: 20
I don't think it's Robs ego in the slightest. He has mentioned in the past that he's had the fear that this could all end for him tomorrow so he has previously taken on as much work as he can so that he has future security. He also admitted he's been able to ease himself away from that mindset slightly and doesn't say yes to absolutely everything now. The reason they're probably on TV so much just now is a new season of Rob and Romesh and having to "do the rounds" for it. Also, he filmed something recently that looked like it was a Christmas special. I'm guessing he can't dictate other shows schedules 😂
Agree. Yes they earn very well but anyone in that industry is not on a permanent contract with the securities to go along with it. Of course as long as they are careful they should be set for life but it must be stressful. Also the fear of no longer being relevant if you disappear for too long must be strong. So I can understand why they take on too much work when it is available, the same as any other self employed person

Agree. Yes they earn very well but anyone in that industry is not on a permanent contract with the securities to go along with it. Of course as long as they are careful they should be set for life but it must be stressful. Also the fear of no longer being relevant if you disappear for too long must be strong. So I can understand why they take on too much work when it is available, the same as any other self employed person
Off topic but I read Rylan's autobiography, and after his marriage breakdown he took a lot of time off work to work through his mental health. He talks about being very grateful that Radio 2 (specifically) waited so long for him to come back. I thought it was quite interesting. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to "feel sorry for them" potentially having a shelf life given the figures they're paid, but as you say, it's no different to another self employed person. Granted it may be more money than a businessman, but it's a worry I don't have as an employed person. They also have the risk of simply saying something wrong. For example the whole Alison Hammond theatre thing over the weekend (this is not said to get into a debate about it just as an example), she said her opinion, got backlash, apologised and it looks to be all OK. Something COULD be said where an apology isn't enough. Boom. It's all over. Not that I expect that from Rob and Josh but you never know...

Rob is terrified of being ‘cancelled’ he references it all the time! He’s definitely the bigger risk of the two of them 😂

• Haha
I’ve not listened to todays episode yet but I’ve been loving the recent episodes where they are just pissin themselves laughing over daft stuff. I’ve said it before but the ones with just them are funnier than guest episodes I think. They’ve got great chemistry together.

Reactions: 26
I know only certain people can set up threads - I think depending on how old your account is? I’m happy to set a non rave one up if people who would like one are unable to !
I doubt it will be a buzzing thread. That's for sure.
I’ve not listened to todays episode yet but I’ve been loving the recent episodes where they are just pissin themselves laughing over daft stuff. I’ve said it before but the ones with just them are funnier than guest episodes I think. They’ve got great chemistry together.
I love just listening to them chat they just seem like people I'd love to spend time with.
I have no idea what they earn but I think they both know that saying no to work could mean other comedians leap frogging them and being asked first next time etc and then what. Stress and tiredness is relative to the individual and just because there are worse off people doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

Reactions: 12
I liked todays episode and think it’s good they speak about mental health etc. Totally disagree with those who say Rob doesn’t help Josh!

So excited for the live show this week!!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.