Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon there's an element of tit for tat on supporting their mates/fellow comedians - they often seem to pop up on various podcasts or shows as guests and I guess with theirs being so sucessful/some of the people asking having helped in the early days of theirs, they feel somewhat obliged.
Like they probably say an excited yes to some of the bigger and 'sexier' things in their diaries, then all these small favours squeeze into the gaps and there's no time left.

Reactions: 6
I liked todays episode and think it’s good they speak about mental health etc. Totally disagree with those who say Rob doesn’t help Josh!

So excited for the live show this week!!
I agree. Help comes in a variety of ways. One of my mates, who is there for me probably the most, and I can be downright awful to each other in the name of banter (from the outside) but it comes from a place of love and is often just what we need when we're not feeling ourselves, over say a hand hold and a listening ear? I feel like Rob and Josh have that kind of friendship. A deep rooted respect but an ability to banter.

Reactions: 12
Yesterday's episode was really good. Not usually keen on the correspondence episodes.

I liked the bit where Josh was talking about his friend's birthday and found out 2 of his other friends were on the same medication.

Reactions: 17
So positive for men to be openly talking about mental health. Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK and these conversations can only be a really good thing

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I couldn't agree more!!! 👏👏👏
Absolutely. I listen to Elis James and John Robins also and they talk about things in a really natural way (John for example has some "darkness", had a gambling addiction in his late teens and an issue with alcohol), but they talk about it so openly. They have another side podcast (How do you cope) where they interview people on how THEY cope. They've had quite a few good people on there.

They've also done wonders for people feeling better (myself included), it's just nice to hear men talking about this stuff.

There's absolutely no shame in it, so for me it's nice to hear people be so open about their MH. It does help to talk. And it really does help to not only hear men talk about it but men who on the face of it, have it "good".

That being said, they can really get rid of the kids introducing the show now - they've made their point. Everyone can say Rob Beckett, Josh Widdecombe is harder. Ha. Ha.

I wonder at which point they'll get their own kids on? Still protecting their identity of course, but I wonder if they'll be on next for their own wee rebuttal episode. I think it could be cute.

Reactions: 17
Absolutely. I listen to Elis James and John Robins also and they talk about things in a really natural way (John for example has some "darkness", had a gambling addiction in his late teens and an issue with alcohol), but they talk about it so openly. They have another side podcast (How do you cope) where they interview people on how THEY cope. They've had quite a few good people on there.

They've also done wonders for people feeling better (myself included), it's just nice to hear men talking about this stuff.

There's absolutely no shame in it, so for me it's nice to hear people be so open about their MH. It does help to talk. And it really does help to not only hear men talk about it but men who on the face of it, have it "good".

That being said, they can really get rid of the kids introducing the show now - they've made their point. Everyone can say Rob Beckett, Josh Widdecombe is harder. Ha. Ha.

I wonder at which point they'll get their own kids on? Still protecting their identity of course, but I wonder if they'll be on next for their own wee rebuttal episode. I think it could be cute.
👏🏼

Rob and Josh make myself feel better like you say. I had my baby in lockdown and a group of extremely toxic friends who questioned everything I did with my baby (I let my baby fall asleep on me but this was apparently bad and weird yet driving their baby to sleep in the car at 9pm every night was normal 🙄). I only discovered the podcast affer lockdown and it made me realise I’m completely normal and not a tit mum. I wish I had discovered it sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So positive for men to be openly talking about mental health. Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK and these conversations can only be a really good thing
Absolutely, I've lost two relatives and two friends to suicide, all men aged 31-52 and in different ways with repeated attempts before losing their battle. It's heartbreaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
👏🏼

Rob and Josh make myself feel better like you say. I had my baby in lockdown and a group of extremely toxic friends who questioned everything I did with my baby (I let my baby fall asleep on me but this was apparently bad and weird yet driving their baby to sleep in the car at 9pm every night was normal 🙄). I only discovered the podcast affer lockdown and it made me realise I’m completely normal and not a tit mum. I wish I had discovered it sooner.
You're absolutely not a tit mum. The fact you even question your actions and parenting is testament to that. tit mums don't care. Kids are different. Parents are different. The way some of my friends parent is wholly different to others and I sit in the middle as the single childless aunty and wonder how they do it. But what works for family one (separate beds etc) absolutely doesn't work for the other (co-sleeping). I can see benefits of both, and in other decisions I think they're both crazy but then I go to bed quietly and say nothing because it's no one's business but their own! You're smashing it mama and I'm glad you feel better about it all too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know they’re making a lot of money right now, but they’re potentially at the peak of their career. I mean, there seems to be lots of work for comedians in their 30s but how many are still working regularly in their 50s?

No matter how much money you have, you want to maintain a certain standard for the long term and that’s probably a bit anxiety inducing when you can’t be at all sure how much you’re going to be earning in 5-10 years. I imagine that’s why Rob wants to do R2, to build a long term sustainable career.

Reactions: 8
Lou... if you are keeping updated here... I don't like to ask, but please can you ask Rob to put subtitles on his insta stories so I can understand him while I've got my poorly sleeping baby on me 😂😂

I'm not sure either of them do actually, if you could sort both, thanks so much 🤣
Captions on Josh's stories this morning very much noted and appreciated 😂🙌🙌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
They are both captioning their stories now. Omg they are reading this thread 🤭 hi guys, love the show!

*let’s keep suggesting random things and see if they incorporate it into the podcast 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg he has been here and rejected my marriage proposal, damn him.

I jest I'm bloody happily married
Keep telling yourself that 😉 if josh proposed you’d have that wedding ring chucked into the nearest body of water in no time x

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They are both captioning their stories now. Omg they are reading this thread 🤭 hi guys, love the show!

*let’s keep suggesting random things and see if they incorporate it into the podcast 🤣
Don't supopose there will be an apology for judging all tattlers and tattle threads as being horrible though.

Reactions: 4
Don't supopose there will be an apology for judging all tattlers and tattle threads as being horrible though.
I think it’s a hard thing to navigate for especially Rob who is friendly with Joe and Stacey who gets rinsed on here so he can’t exactly say oh this website is fine actually…genuinely just don’t think he should have mentioned it at all tbh!

Yeah, Rob is friendly with a few people who don’t get an easy time on here.

Tattle always feels like a site of two halves to me. There are some threads that I think go too far, and they are often the ones that get quoted or referred to. And then lots of other threads that are just people chatting and debating stuff perfectly ‘nicely’. And I do think it’s totally legitimate on any thread to call out people who are using their kids on social media to make money and storing up who knows what harm for them in the future, which Rob and Josh do not do.

Reactions: 21
I don't want tattle to get popular as then it will be rubbish! Hopefully they won't mention it again 😅

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.