Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there are probably some weeks when they don't share much about their kids/parenting because maybe it's been a hard week? Kids could be going through some behaviour stuff, tough times at school etc and particularly as the kids get older they might not want to share?

If we're going to compare anyone's trauma with children in Gaza then the implication is that none of us should share anything and everyone just has to buck up. Someone else's trauma, no matter how awful it is, doesn't negate how hard someone else might find something. Yes, it can give perspective, but not when you're in it.

I do think Rob can get very 'therapy' sometimes and a little navel-gazey, but it sounds like the things he'd learned in therapy have been really life changing for him and he finds it interesting, so I can see where that comes from.

Reactions: 27
I love the fact that Rob is so emotionally articulate and happy to share it too.
I like this too. I listen to Elis and John (who are friends with Rob and Josh) and I find their normal podcast to be really mental health positive (as in they talk openly about it and seem to genuinely care about the other person and their emotions) and its so nice to hear men be supportive with each other and talk openly about things. They also have a "how do you cope" podcast where they interview people on how they've coped with certain situations too. Hopefully the more "lads lads lads" that can do it publicly, can help normal lads too.

Reactions: 13
Definitely. I loved how supportive he was of Josh when he’s had a few bad times, and also how open Josh is about that too. They are really good role models. I’m glad they’re not alone.

My husband and his friends will talk openly about their feelings to each other but you rarely see or hear it in the media, in such a natural way.

Reactions: 12
I really enjoyed today's interview with Cush Jumbo! Never heard of her, had to google her and yet she was interesting and funny. Great episode.

It's so weird that the guests I think I'll like don't always interview well and then the guests I've never heard of pull it out of the bag!

Reactions: 6
I really enjoyed today's interview with Cush Jumbo! Never heard of her, had to google her and yet she was interesting and funny. Great episode.

It's so weird that the guests I think I'll like don't always interview well and then the guests I've never heard of pull it out of the bag!
I agree, she was lovely and witty too. I’ve seen her in something, but can’t remember what! Recognise her name though

Reactions: 3
I agree, she was lovely and witty too. I’ve seen her in something, but can’t remember what! Recognise her name though
She was in The Good Wife and The Good Fight and was so good in both - would love to see her on stage and will definitely give her podcast a go.

Interesting to hear Rose was at the Brit School with Amy Winehouse!

Reactions: 4
I wasn’t keen on Cush Jumbo. Felt like she was trying too hard to be sarcastic but she genuinely came across as arrogant to me.

Reactions: 5
God, men are absolute wusses aren’t they 😂 the vasectomy chat had my eyes rolling HARD.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I follow him on Instagram and I noticed Josh always likes his reels so I was hoping he’d be on!

Yeah I've always see him on Instagram and Tiktok, hope they have a couple more like that - only the least irritating "influencers" though please!

I really like George Lewis, his reel about watching the Beckham documentary makes me laugh alot. Oh & his reaction to an adult watching Bluey is spot on!

Reactions: 6
I have been a fan of George for a while and he was just wonderful on this podcast.

Reactions: 2