Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
agreed, plus the criticism seems so unnecessary, she's not a celebrity or public figure
The comments have all been positive. That she looked great but her outfit didn't exactly scream red carpet. I'm glad she felt comfortable to wear what she did, but I'd it had been me, I'd have gone for something a bit dressier. I've not liked a few things my friends have worn to certain events and told them so. It doesn't mean they looked bad. It just means I'd have personally picked something else. Same the other way around. I sent a picture of a dress to my friend for her opinion and her response was "its nice but not for what you need it for"...

With regards being a public figure, she IS putting herself out there publicly. Up until a year or so ago she had a private Instagram page but then opened it up, and Rob even invited people to follow her... She now has over 100k followers.

It's one thing going and finding her private page and making a comment about her. But she posted on her public Instagram page, about attending a very public event.

If she didn't want any attention whatsoever she could have kept her page private and shared going to the Baftas with just her friends.

I'm saying all of this while really liking what I know of Lou. You can like someone and still say you don't like an outfit.

Just like you can like the podcast and not like every guest they have on.

Or that I love Rob but sometimes can find him annoying. Or Josh can be annoying. It doesn't take away from the overall enjoyment of them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Some of the influencers attending as guests of the sponsor and wearing ballgowns looked stupid though. I've not been to the baftas but have been to other red carpet events and there will be loads of women dressed more like Lou. Personally I like getting glammed up I think she did look dressy just would have been better without the black tights. I also think she was brave going in alone I would have really hated that.

Reactions: 1
I went looking for Lou's bafta outfit out of curiosity and came across her blog link. I have never read such self serving BS.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Where can I find the outfit? Searched her Instagram but can’t see it on there (I’m not really a ‘grammer’ though so not entirely sure how to use IG!!!

Where can I find the outfit? Searched her Instagram but can’t see it on there (I’m not really a ‘grammer’ though so not entirely sure how to use IG!!!
I can't seem to find it now, she looked lovely but it wasn't very dressy but maybe that's her style.

Because everything was black, boots, tights, dress, jacket it just merged into one and seemed a bit more corporate than red carpet glam. The jacket looked a bit big but that might be fashionable I guess!

Reactions: 2
The dress code for the BAFTAs is black tie, which for women is formal, usually full length dress. Lou was wearing a fab outfit that she looked great in (think it was on her stories?) which looked like it was a slinky short black dress, blazer, black tights and black platform heels. Lovely, but not black tie attire. It’s not about whether anyone will be taking photos of you, it’s about what the dress code on the invitation is asking you to wear.

Reactions: 4
I like her style - she dresses really well I think.

i once fell in love with a t-shirt she was wearing in some Orlando pictures she uploaded. Unfortunately we are in different tax brackets and I couldn’t justify the cost.

Reactions: 10
If you look in the background of the picture of her and Rob there are women dressed a bit less red carpet. The majority will just dress smartly as they won't be getting free outfits and their photo taken

Reactions: 6
I really hope they lay off all the chat about what they are or aren’t eating and how much they’re working out. Nothing more dull than that.

Reactions: 11
At least they owned it! And I share Rob’s mystification about how veggies cope on these high protein regimes, especially as plant protein (eg lentils) doesn’t really count for muscle building.

Started Friday’s episode furious with Al Murray for eating a biscuit whilst talking on a podcast, and ended it donating to the charity founded in honour of his nephew!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m also on a health kick and logging foods etc so I don’t mind the chatter, but can see how some people may not appreciate it!

Started Friday’s episode furious with Al Murray for eating a biscuit whilst talking on a podcast, and ended it donating to the charity founded in honour of his nephew!
I turned it off. I'm not a fan of Al Murray anyway, hated his Landlord shtick, but thought I'd give it a go as he may be funny in interview. The biscuit chewing set me right off, switch it off and won't be listening 😂 (this is a "me" issue, I realise!)

I also didn't enjoy the Gabrielle episode, I found it really boring.

Now it's endless healthy eating chat, which I don't mind to a point but the nature of their conversation means it can go on a bit.

I think they need to sort things out, I'm such a huge fan of the podcast but it's not doing it for me at the moment

I turned it off. I'm not a fan of Al Murray anyway, hated his Landlord shtick, but thought I'd give it a go as he may be funny in interview. The biscuit chewing set me right off, switch it off and won't be listening 😂 (this is a "me" issue, I realise!)

I also didn't enjoy the Gabrielle episode, I found it really boring.

Now it's endless healthy eating chat, which I don't mind to a point but the nature of their conversation means it can go on a bit.

I think they need to sort things out, I'm such a huge fan of the podcast but it's not doing it for me at the moment
I still listen religiously, as I love both of them and it's a generally easy going listen (except for some of the pregnancy / birth stories, which even as a childless woman I find quire interesting), but I do think there's been a lot less parenting chat recently. Not just on the episodes of the two of them, but even with the guests. It's like "do you have kids" "yes but here's what else I do" kind of thing. Which is fine for some of them but I do think it can feel too much?

I enjoy them talking about their homelives, and irs really interesting to hear how different people cope with different situations and yes I like to hear about rhe famous people's stories but equally I want to know how they do all that AND keep a normal life? Kind of thing.

I guess it was easier in lockdown because all people had was parenting.

I won't stop listening and I do really enjoy it but yeah I think there's a little spark missing at the moment.

That being said Josh has posted a few things to Instagram recently about him not feeling himself and I wonder if a wee break would do them both the world of good?

Reactions: 8
Didn't enjoy todays episode 😖 Rob clearly in a bad head space atm. Not every single emotion you have has to be connected back to a traumatic childhood memory! He grew up in a loving home lots of family and food on the table .. look at what the children of Gaza are going through! He acts like his childhood was awful and brings terrible flash backs.
I suppose it is relative to the person though

Reactions: 2